ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The best 3D Editor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The best 3D Editor
Valve Hammer Editor
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
XSI
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DeleD LITE
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Blender
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other Editor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: The best 3D Editor Reply with quote Back to top

Yes this will be a poll for the best 3D Editor. The best editor should easy to use, and be good for newcomer. The best 3D Editor should also have much options for editing. So what 3D Editor is the best ?

Maybe write, why you think your favourite Editor is the best 3D Editor.

VOTE !!!
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hammer is my favourite; it doesn't take long to learn how to use and its interface is very user-friendly. I'm being subjective though. The only other 3D Editor that I've used is Blender, and it was very frustrating to use compared to Hammer.

Update:
Tried out XSI. I think it's better than Blender, but doesn't dethrone Hammer.

Last edited by GERage on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DeleD is pretty easy to use, lightweight, and most importantly allows to you have total control over your map geometry, so it gets my vote. I do miss Hammer at times, not just because of the compiling process (which, if it were made more intelligent, would certainly be better than doing optimized geometry by hand in all but a few cases), but I just like how it controls a bit better.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like DeleD because its very Userfriendly for Newcomer and advanced. You don´t have to change settings and so. You can easy add textures. You can easy make stairs, hills, mountains. And you can exactly ( 0.0000000.1 mm ) move/scale a object.

And you can download much plugins and add-ons on www.delgine.com - free for sure

I don´t like Hammer because first you have to make settings and it is not friendly for newcomer. 2 years ago i started with hammer. It costs me many nerves.

I never tried out Blender or XSI. I am for DelEd. It´s easy and the best in one. there are sure much better programms, but 1st : You have to pay and 2nd : You have to be a REALLY good mapper. And REALLY means as good as an Map Developer from the newest games like GTA 4 or Call of Duty 4 +5 where the maps are very high detailed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
monkeyface

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This far I've done well with XSI for both animation and modeling. As I'm mostly interested in traditional modeling, software is not THAT big of an issue for me. Maybe if I need more work with animation, rendering and more specific modeling options I'll check out Maya or 3dsmax. Deled works fine for this kind of work.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. When i am very good in making levels. I will try animations.

Slimulation X
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The way you have this poll set up, it's like comparing apples to oranges.

Hammer, as well as Bioware, Unreal Editor, CryEngine, and others, are classified as Level Editors.

XSI, Blender, as well as 3D Studio Max and Maya, are classified as Modeling programs (Although they are built for animation and high-end rendering as well)

DeleD (Delgine) is within a category of its own, it does both.

As a college student learning the art of game design, I personally choose to stick with the professional tools.

For modeling I use 3ds Max and Maya. For high-poly sculpting, i use Zbrush (Mudbox is very good as well, although the interface is a bit plain)

And we use Hammer for GoldenEye:Source.
In school, I build with UnrealEngine 3.

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Apples to oranges? I disagree. Besides, these programs, regardless of classification, are being used for the same purpose (ie. GE map creation).

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ah you are a GoldenEye: Source Game Artist and an official GoldenEye: Source Mapper ? Can you say what´s about the ge_silo , ge_bunker and the ge_depot ? Those are finished map i saw a big viedeo, but why they do not wan´t to reales it ?

TimEh
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Apples to oranges.. yes if the title remains best 3d editor. But best 3d editor 'for goldeneye', i think thats fair game, since all can aid in level development, but every editor will be a pain in the ass is some way.

This question kinda sparked an idea though. There really should be only one answer to this question. ill see what i can do the next couple weeks, minus the next 12 days of work in a row. its 10 to 5am here, gonna get a couple hours shuteye, but i think im on to something.

Slimulation X
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DF Ank1 wrote:
ah you are a GoldenEye: Source Game Artist and an official GoldenEye: Source Mapper ? Can you say what´s about the ge_silo , ge_bunker and the ge_depot ? Those are finished map i saw a big viedeo, but why they do not wan´t to reales it ?

I'm not at liberty to speak about unreleased or unfinished maps. Sorry.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Crying or Very sad Bad... Can you say me then when the next version of GE:S will be reales and what this version contains?

Slimulation X
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Visit the goldeneye source forums, the info is all there.

No release date is set, but we expect it to be around or before Christmas.

The features i'm aware of mainly include new maps, and a bullet penetration system for shooting through certain walls with high-powered weapons, such as the KF7, AR33, RCP90, Golden Gun, ect. Its all based on the wall thickness parameters and the VMT material settings.

Also, rolling explosions. New sprite and sounds for explosions, and the heat damage is programmed to roll away from the source.

I'm not sure what else will be in until it gets imported into the developer copy, thats all i know of for now.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: