ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

What to improve with the next update with GSE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: What to improve with the next update with GSE Reply with quote Back to top

Since some upgrades, I noticed there are some lacks like some options are removed. Here is an example: http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=3997

I purpose to readd in Tools -> PD Tools -> Switch Mode, from the beta version to be able to work in PD and GE, then be able to open uncompressed PD files.

I invite you to send your feedback and suggestions to fix and improve Goldeneye Setup Editor

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose that is not in it because it's not remotely finished and it's not supported. You're just lucky we've been lazy in posting location of beta Wink

Still a lot of save issues with PD and visual editor is nowhere. No one has figured out why some levels don't load once saved.

But I always do appreciate suggestions for editor!

monkeyface

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Brush tool, I'll keep crying it 'til kingdom come!

A way to modify animations and *all* models.

This would, in my eyes make the editor 3.0. And other than tweaking already existing features (which you can do for a lifetime), I can't come up with anything else. I realize that these are not easy things and small fixes, but isn't that a testimonial to the capabilities of the editor in its current state?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you refresh my memory on brush tool? Maybe I'll do it tomorrow or soon. Guess copy/paste didn't do it!

As for animations, yeah that's a 3.0...no clue how they work. Even importing models is a 3.0 and prob never thing. They're just so complicated.

We don't even have objects destroying properly yet, goes to a mass of vertices, and Zoinkity is stymied on how to do it.

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There should be a way to select multiple tris at once in Room Positions Mode. It is really time-consuming to do things like clip stairs or manually change vertex colours when you do it one tri at a time.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think navigating through the visual editor should be improved, its too herky jerky and i find it slightly bothersome.

And an easier way to import multi-room maps, unless there is already a different way than importing one room at a time. Of course these changes would be for say 2.x.x or whatever, not 3.0

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Regarding custom objects: It really all depends on the type of object you're creating. Anything that is designed to be either hand-held or indestructible is definitely possible at this time. Prop weapons, hats, doors, glass, etc. However, anything that you specifically want to be destroyed, such as a crate or a chair, is still missing something. I thought I'd figured out the issue with my test object, but it refused to take a decent form once broken. It's gotta be some little thing holding us back. You can still make your object, but it'll remain the same at all times - even once fully destroyed. By toggling the bitflag "remove when destroyed", you can avoid that. That's what we've got at this point in time...

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck - maybe you and I should spend a good chunk trying to figure out how the borg cube destroys properly? We really need that feature for goldfinger.

The multi room import is Convert to GE Level which uses object groups name RoomXX, etc.

I will try and add a brush tool. I see what you mean about clipping stairs. I need to think about a better way to do it. I think multi-room select screws up my system.

What if it were like brush tool and any unclipped tri turns into a clipping tile while holding down mouse or something?

monkeyface

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, even better. That would be perfect with slopes or ground at an angle. Still remember the slanted paths in the dust2 map. So much time spent doing the clipping. But, wouldn't there be a risk you painted walls and things that shouldn't be clipped?

The reason I'm so stubborn about the brush tool is because of more complex lighting. Certain light sources and surfaces can be rather different, and sometimes you want to spice up a scene real quick to see how it looks like. That's why a brush tool would be nice, you'd quickly get a feel for it. While copy/paste may work for some places, not everything will look like that.

Here's an old mock-up screen I created. Added brush size, it was easy. All I had to do was a couple of brush strokes.

As always, I don't know what of these things are unrealistic and easy, just saying that's this is how I pictured the brush tool.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the only suggestion I can think of right now: auto-pad. This would be accessed from portal mode. Much like auto-portal, auto-pad would allow you to instantly generate an advanced pad between rooms. This would be done via a context menu when right clicking a portal. The pad would be generated to perfectly fit that portal and close it (if the pad is used for a door). It would be extremely useful for creating doors and window glass.

Last edited by Dragonsbrethren on Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quick inject

Have a toggle between quick convert and quick inject in the settings menu, so maps that use original geometry do not need to update the tables.

Custom stages are getting quite large now, so normal injecting often takes a large amount of time (and frequently crashes the editor for me). A quick inject feature would allow for more efficiency when testing/creating custom levels.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag, so I group the rooms in Hammer for example, and name them accordingly and then compile and I can import it all at once?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Camaro wrote:
SubDrag, so I group the rooms in Hammer for example, and name them accordingly and then compile and I can import it all at once?

yes Room01, Room02, etc.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

and this is the same process for importing clipping .obj's that are properly assigned to rooms, right? This will speed up my current map making process considerably.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes see new clipping tutorial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: