ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

What to improve with the next update with GSE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK brush tool, finally gave in. There are two brushes, either click brush tool or hold shift and click it. To change which color it is, press and hold Alt and click brush tool (room positions mode only).

It works in clipping mode to clip from vertices (second brush removes clipping), in room positions it colors (two brushes), and in objects mode can hold down brush to select multiple things after clicking and holding mouse on one and dragging around cursor (NOTE SLOW and laggy).

Feedback? I'm thinking for quick inject, it will be you inject once, and can press some key combo to reinject with same exact info as last.

Beta: http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/priv/subdrag/runwaysetupeditor.exe

Need this png in main folder:
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/priv/subdrag/brush.png

Last edited by SubDrag on Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:17 pm; edited 3 times in total

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen it, I just wasn't sure if the grouping was done in Hammer or whatever program being used as I didn't know that groups and group names stayed throughout the compiling process

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Camaro wrote:
I've seen it, I just wasn't sure if the grouping was done in Hammer or whatever program being used as I didn't know that groups and group names stayed throughout the compiling process

That you need to figure out. TimEh kept them in his tutorial.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been really busy as school just started up again so the long hours of messing around and figuring things out are gone for now. Believe me if it was still middle of summer I would not be bothering you with such questions.

monkeyface

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing. Works exactly like I had hoped for. It's really intuitive. It'll work perfectly for the Alps map.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Here's the only suggestion I can think of right now: auto-pad. This would be accessed from portal mode. Much like auto-portal, auto-pad would allow you to instantly generate an advanced pad between rooms. This would be done via a context menu when right clicking a portal. The pad would be generated to perfectly fit that portal and close it (if the pad is used for a door). It would be extremely useful for creating doors and window glass.

You don't want auto-pad, you just want a 27 preset from portal? Hmm. A lot of the portals aren't rectangular is one issue though.

Anyways quick inject/save is in beta. You MUST save and inject first once, then press F6 in visual editor to quick inject. Hold shift F6 to quick inject/save and then open ROM too.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When i group in hammer I use VisGroup, right? and do I have to do anything special to the outputRoom.txt? because only room 01 shows up.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You need to name Room01, Room02, etc. Maybe it's not exporting groups on save to obj? You need to ask the experts in map forum

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe a way to add voices? Obviously it will need extra ram but it would be easier to hear Trev talk, or Bond go The Name's Bond, James Bond.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE uses the standard sound system by SGI included in the SDK from Nintendo.
It uses some structs called soundbanks which store audio samples and playback information. There are freely available tools that can decode these into wav files, but for encoding the only known solution is included in the original SDK that runs in SGI workstations ONLY.
Nintendo also released a SDK for Windows 95/98, but it's missing many tools from the SGI version, including the soundbank creation/manipulation tools, sadly. At the time, 3rd party sound systems and tools were available, and some dev houses even made their own, which were not based arround SGI's soundbanks, so I guess Nintendo/SGI didn't bother with porting the sounbank tools to Windows.
This means no new sound samples for GE unless someone is able (and willing) to reverse the "format", which inludes the struct and codec. No trivial task Sad

Last edited by radorn on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really, really want to add sound clips from the movie (and we have huge amounts of ROM space) but I don't know how to do it Sad

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully the imminent availability of new flascarts for the console will sparkle some life in the N64 homebrew/hacking scene somewhat and someone will finally get arround to fully reversing soundbanks.
Dreaming is so nice Smile

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How about some way of splitting unoccupied 27 presets in half?

the method I've envisioned is that when you right click on an unused 27 preset, in the drop down menu, there would be an option entitled "split".

hovering over that would yield a drop down menu that offered to split it down the X, Y, or Z axis.

This would have numerous uses in perfectly aligning double doors to fit in odd spaced doorways, where copy/pasting pre-existing doors would be impractical. There are quite a few other situations where creative applications of a tool like this would be useful. a perfectly aligned grid of evenly spaced objects, for example. (it would be helpful for something like that if you could split multiple objects simultaneously.)

Another idea i had would be to allow the creation of custom special objects. (like the bunker doors or a safe)

Basicly what would happen is, when you have multiple objects selected simultaneously, you would have the option of creating a custom special object. There would be an interface somewhere that would allow you to manage your custom objects (the order they appear on the list, delete them, etc) This would prove useful if a particular set of objects is commonly used in a level that is particularly arduous to highlight whenever you wish to add them again.

Anyway, just some miscellaneous ideas i had in my head that, in my opinion, would be convenient to have when placing objects.

EDIT:lol, i thought the sound bank conversation was over, but then radorn posted something as i was typing. XD

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I might tackle the save special objects thin. At the least you can copy paste for now, but rotation was extremely tricky with things like doors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: