ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The Complex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thenoisydrum
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: The Complex Reply with quote Back to top

I've noticed something strange a couple of times now whilst playing against simulants in the Complex.
The sims seem to be able to get out of that little underground room without going out up the tunnel, if you know what I mean. How the hell do they do that?

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There might be somekind of clipping error?
Never seen that myself thou.

thenoisydrum
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see

Captin.Frosty
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thenoisydrum wrote:
I see

Where "EXACTLY" is the location of the clipping error in the level?

I might be able to get a video shot of it if possible.

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

probably something like Goldeneye's Aztec level. Where Jaws can get up from the pit in the beginning.

Captin.Frosty
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fantsu wrote:
probably something like Goldeneye's Aztec level. Where Jaws can get up from the pit in the beginning.

Wait.. what now? Confused

I just went from intrigued to confused

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You remember that dark pit where you can fall in Aztec level? In quite beginning of the level? If you can get Jaws down there, he can actually "jump" up.

Captin.Frosty
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fantsu wrote:
You remember that dark pit where you can fall in Aztec level? In quite beginning of the level? If you can get Jaws down there, he can actually "jump" up.

OH! That dark pit, I was like "Wait.. when the hell was there a dark pit where you fight Jaws?" :P

thenoisydrum
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The room has an open ceiling with two run ways going across the top. You can drop down into it or go down the tunnel which is at the top of the catwalk.

For some reason this is really difficult to explain!

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, I know the place you mean, there is one weapon, an spawnpoint and hill. I call it "bunker".
Laughing

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's highly possible that the simulants are climbing up the wall, rather than running back up the ramp. They would probably be more likely to do this when they aren't within visible range. If you're a few rooms over and the portals between you and them aren't all activated, it may occur. I guess you could kind of compare it to how the guards somehow manage to get through locked doors - which normally block them - once you're far enough away. It's those tricky, cheating buggers at their finest! Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, GE's guards (not sure about PD) can "teleport" past obstacles. Not just locked doors, though - they can get past stacks of objects blocking them, and even doors flagged that they can't be opened by guards. If I had to guess why it happens, maybe once the room they're in is no longer loaded, they stop doing object to object collision checks, and just go the fastest route to get to Bond? PD's sims could be the same way, maybe they don't bother with the height check when no one is around to see them? I've certainly never seen one climbing out of that room.

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In saying that I've seen the DarkSims virtually flying around maps. Plus the aveage sims become lethal with a couple of the assult rifles while still being useless with everything else.

Having worked with game AI, there are many places when the AI can override the character movement for the sake of making things work - perhaps they can see the next path node, and so the AI says the character can go there. Just a guess.

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Yeah, GE's guards (not sure about PD) can "teleport" past obstacles. Not just locked doors, though - they can get past stacks of objects blocking them, and even doors flagged that they can't be opened by guards. If I had to guess why it happens, maybe once the room they're in is no longer loaded, they stop doing object to object collision checks, and just go the fastest route to get to Bond? PD's sims could be the same way, maybe they don't bother with the height check when no one is around to see them? I've certainly never seen one climbing out of that room.

Just as in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT94O2NGDHI
See how quards mange to pass through doors without opening them. Razz

Maxout

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've noticed all of this too. I try not to take too much advantage of it.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: