ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Wrong textures on import
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Wrong textures on import Reply with quote Back to top

I imported a custom level and when it loads it has different textures than I had designed it with. It had one texture that I didn't use and one that I did use but it had replaced the textures on other walls. I didn't do anything different from when I get a successful import so what could be going on?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did project tie to right ROM?

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. Then i deleted everything and re-did everything with a fresh ROM to the same results. I'm not doing anything different from what I usually do.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You opened project after saving it right? Textures are wrong first go until reopen.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, after saving and re-opening the textures were still wrong. And after injecting into the rom they were wrong while being emulated. This level was just a mess around creation when I was bored so it doesn't really matter too much to me but I would like to know what is causing it in case it happens to a actual project I'm working on.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm confused, it sounds like a mismatch though. Like textures file doesn't correspond with bgfile/rooms. If you privately send me them I can take a look.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I looked at the images in the rom and one of the textures being displayed incorrectly was at the end of the rom near the ones I had imported for use. I tried replacing it and it still used the same one as before. Not sure if that would have been the right way to do it anyways. I'll try to send you the files when I can. Can you PM me an email to send the files to? Don't feel like uploading to a file hosting site.

monkeyface

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a possibility that the .mtl-file is pointing towards the wrong textures. Check out the .obj-file in a proper viewer, and see if the textures are correct there. If not, open the .mtl-file and do some changes, manually.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well obviously I'm doing something wrong. When I select convert textures already added I should click the textures.txtmultiaddnumbers text file right?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah that's right, but first time needs to be correct

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Re-did everything and meticulously checked each step and it imported fine. Don't know what I was doing wrong before though. Anyways, I have a new problem.

I went from wrong to messed up textures.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think TimEh said this happens when your u,vs go above a certain size (ie too much repeating). Said if you shrink amount of repeats it gets better. I think?

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol, looks like we switched issues.

Anyway, you can't fix it unless you use XSI and manually center the U/V coords. I have an explanation on how to so in the enigma systems HQ topic.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another problem Confused . When the textures were wrong it would load fine when emulated, it just had wrong textures. Now Project64 crashes whenever I try to load my level.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This could happen if you exceeded 65535 vertices per room or bad clipping or setup on bad tile.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: