ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Wrong textures on import
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure I didn't exceed that many vertices in any room, And does using the Stan converter fix bad clipping? Because I did that to all my rooms, and re-did clipping connections. Could a texture cause it to crash? Because the one time the textures worked before it got b0rked Project64 also crashed.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If it's over 64 x 32 or 32 x 64 or an odd size. I usually make one clipping tile and put start point, see if it loads. if that doesn't means issue with bgfile, too many vertices.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It crashed with only one clipping tile and a start point. Is too many vertices the only issue that could be causing a crash? I'm almost positive i don't have that many vertices seeing as I split up my rooms pretty small and they are simple in design.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's usually the culprit. How big are RoomVertices.bin (bigger than 65kb? Also more than 0x95 rooms can do it too, or bad image size (or bad image #)

Also did you make sure all portals deleted? Or updated portals.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If the game is trying to load a non-existent texture, like one that is supposed to be added onto the end of the ROM but is missing, the level will likely crash during loading. I'm not sure if you're using textures straight from GoldenEye, or are appending new ones to the end of the image list, though.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

so a texture that is sized 64x64 is too big?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes it will not work

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok. So i'll have to resize it to 32x32? How would I get the texture to look the same in the game after resizing?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

32 x 64 and 64 x 32 are also fine. If you resize 32 x 32 no need to fix u,vs originals will still work.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Only thing is, if you textured a wall using a 64x64 image, replacing it with a 32x32 one will make everything appear to be doubled. Like if there are four tiles up and five tiles across, it'll end up being eight tiles up and ten across (I think...). That's what happened with BillyGlenn's original test map, only the other way around. You'd have to edit the raw map first, or else that'll occur.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you reconvert the .obj shouldn't it be fine? I thought that was the point so that 1.0, 1.0 always mapped texture to full, regardless of size? Once in GE though it's too late, since it's relative to texture size.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Resized textures and it still crashed. I won't be able to look at it again for a couple days because i'm out of town.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Re-did everything again and it worked.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's good to hear.
Were you able to determine what the problem was?

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No I wasn't as I just re-did everything completely. I think it was texture related though. Are there different texture types? Like different object types, but textures? I re-textured rooms that utilized 64x64 textures and replaced this one texture that i thought might cause a problem and it worked after that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: