ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Default door size/ratio?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Default door size/ratio? Reply with quote Back to top

When adding a door to a level its height and width look like they are the same ratio for every door you put in every level. Does anyone know the ratio? Like for a doorway that is 128 units tall how wide would it have to be to have a standard door fit.

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's 64, I ain't sure tho. :3

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, doors should be about half as wide as their height. About, because some stages (Facility) have their doors slightly taller than double their width.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried 128x64 and I had to make all my doors 27 objects to re-adjust their size. 27 objects take up more memory than 00 objects right? Is it enough to where all my doors being 27 objects would not let me use a lot of 00 objects?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, doors need to be 27 objects anyway, so it really doesn't matter.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Really? So when you insert a door it is automatically made a 27 object?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, but if it's 00 it won't open.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All doors use Advanced Pads (2710 Presets) in order for them to fit properly within the door frame. It takes a little bit of work to size them into place, but once you're used of the process, it gets easier.

Advanced Pads may take up a little more memory than Basic ones, but in this situation, you really can't help it. I think it's 0x2C vs. 0x44 in size?

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup You Need To Use 27 Preset To Open a Door
But i Did Not no That if You Use 27 Preset it Use More memory

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On the subject of advanced pads, I made a strange discovery that I don't think I ever mentioned in public, since Wreck and I were trying to work out what was causing it. Basically, I had an old version of my Complex setup, where if I added another basic (00) object, it would crash. If I added another advanced object, however, it would not crash, and I could add a lot more basic objects from that point on. Now, as I said I don't know what caused it, but if you ever start having crashes from too many objects, try converting one to 27 and see what happens.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank You i Ben Having To Many crashes on My Cradle Level Wen i Put
in a New object at Times And i Have a Lot of Stuff in my Level

monkeyface

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is what I'm working with:

Hope you find it useful. If you think it's wrong somehow, don't hesitate in telling me about it.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are those units in DeleD, or just units in general? I'm working with Hammer. I can approximate though.

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I use i use a grid of 16 x 16 when working in hammer, and make my doors either 5 or 6 of those units wide (8 - 10 tall).

so, it would be around 80-96 x 128-160 hammer units (Enigma-Systems HQ uses doors 64 units wide for the catwalks, though)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: