ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Need help with my video card.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Need help with my video card. Reply with quote Back to top

My computer has an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 GPU and it crashes when I use the correct driver for it. I'm forced to use the default monitor (VGA) driver and keep the video controller unintalled because the driver called "NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 420 (Microsoft Corporation)" seems to crash at the welcome screen.

I know that my video card is probably physically/microscopically damaged or it's probably the RAM chips. It could also be the CPU which is an Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80ghz (2 CPU's) because the error message is "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". IRQ's are interrupt requests which is what the CPU handles.

I've gotten several different blue screens of death and every bug report points to either video card, RAM, or CPU. I've investigated the bug reports and found that the video card is attempting to access memory that it isn't allowed to access. So video card and memory are two possibilities, but the term "IRQ" relates the CPU.

I can't play online GoldenEye because I need the proper graphics controller to even have an emulator. I can't even play Halo: Combat Evolved because the system is using the genereic video driver and the proper video driver crashes the computer. Is there some way to use an alternative driver for the GeForce4 MX 420? I mean an offbrand driver developed by someone else. I can't use NVIDIA's normal driver for this card. It seems to be a *HUGE* problem. Shocked Mad Sad Confused Crying or Very sad Question

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I Thank You Need To Go Back To Your oud Graffet Card This Graffet
Card May Be Dameg. War Did You Get The Graffet Card From?

00Dark

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's my brothers computer that was assembled and sold to him by one of his friends. There isn't an old graphics card, but rather the one installed is the only one I got. I know I either need a new graphics card or I need a new driver. Can you help?

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can You Get The pics of Your Computer And The inside Of Your Computer And The Graffet Card? This Can Help.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you got Pics Yet?

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Blue screens can be caused by 2 DirectX apps running at once.

You need to update your drivers, as mines said Microsoft Corp one time. Outdated GFX drivers.

If it is damaged, then you need a new card. I heard RAM chips are cheap, so replacing them will be easy.

Sounds like your CPU is damaged in some way? I dunno. Never had IRQ.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I bought another GF4MX420 video card on Ebay. It looks identical to the one I have. I'll let you know if it works when I receive it in the mail. Smile

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool i hope it work for you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: