ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

My GoldenEye Project - Experts Needed!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valentin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: My GoldenEye Project - Experts Needed! Reply with quote Back to top

Hello! This is my first post in these forums. Graham and Zoinkity have been helping me out for the past 2 months or so on a project I'm working on.

Basically, I am using a Gameshark and my copy of GoldenEye to create a short "movie" that follows the film. I have voice actors and I'll be adding a different score - hopefully you get the idea, but it can be a bit confusing...

Right now, I am trying to modify the Archives so that it follows the film more closely. Zoinkity provided me a code that will make the guard that walks in on the interrogation Ourumov (kind of like the movie). What I am wondering is: can I modify it further? Some questions:

1. I saw a list of guard locations for the facility on GScentral. Is there a similar list for Archives or other levels for that matter?

2. Can I modify the starting location of Natalya so that she is in the interrogation room with me?

And of course, the biggest question:

3. Can I somehow use 2 controllers to create an interactive camera? For example: Using the debug menu on the 2nd controller, go into 3rd person (where bond is frozen) and then have someone use the 1st controller to move Bond? Is this a possibility?

I can clarify any of these questiosn if it's difficult to follow. If there is anyplace on the internet where I can find the answers, this would be it!

Thanks,
Valentin

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: My GoldenEye Project - Experts Needed! Reply with quote Back to top

Valentin wrote:
1. I saw a list of guard locations for the facility on GScentral. Is there a similar list for Archives or other levels for that matter?

I can try and modify Det Erest's Archives Map to include guards. They will be the red dots.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try this.

It should be a start. Tell me if that's good.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This sounds like a fantastic idea, Valentin.
I would definitely like to see that when it's done.
As far as needing some help with hacking, I can spot you with a few things.

1: The Facility Enemy Position modifiers were done by me quite a while back, as well as image mods and behavious, etc. I can also do the same with Archives, if you have any specific selections.

2: Natalya can be moved into the starting room, yes. Though more would need to be done, since she'll react to you immediately.

3: This is where you're getting tricky. Although this may be possible, it'd be difficult. I'm not quite sure if I'd want to get into this one or not.

I'd imagine the beginning to be easy enough, with some character and text mods. However, the part where Natalya gets captured by Ourumov and the guards may prove more difficult. If you'd like, you can e-mail me.

wreck@cogeco.ca

Valentin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the fast reply, everyone!

It sounds like Wreck is on the right track. The Archives Enemy Position Modifiers sound great. Mostly, I'd want to change one of the interrogation guards into Mishkin.

As far as Natalya, I hope it's not too complicated, but I really want her in the starting room. Don't worry about her getting captured by guards, I can probably "fake" that later.

The 3rd Person camera sounds ambitious, so I an understand not wanting to get involved with that. Specifically though, what would need to be done to achieve such a thing?

I am just getting started with this project, so I will post any other questions here!

-Valentin

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Changing one of the two guards into Mishkin would be simple, as well as placing Natalya in the interrogation room. You could probably make the guard on the right into the Defense Minister, and the guard on the left into Miss Simonova. If that's what you're looking for, I could do that.

The camera control thing sounds great, but I'm unsure of how it'd be achieved. You'd have to figure out it's controls, then use activators on the second player controller. Someone like SubDrag would have a better start on a project like that.

Valentin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to change The Guard on the right to Mishkin, but is there a way to put Natalya next to me? She would just stand still at first, but when I leave the room, she'd follow me (like normal). How hard would that be?

As for the 3rd person camera, does SubDrag visit these forums? Or how could I find him?

Thanks!

-Valentin

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last I spoke with SubDrag, he was considering retiring from the hacking scene. I can't say for certain whether or not he has, but he sounded very serious about it...

The guard on the rightside into Mishkin is easy.
I can put Natalya in the room, but I'll have to modify the preset position a little to get her next to Bond. You'll also want her to be looking towards Mishkin, correct?

What about the text?
Are you worried about that at all?
It'd normally be a discussion between Bond and two guards, so that would really throw it off. You say you're using voice actors, but are the captions at the top of the screen going to interfere with your film? The text can be changed, no problem.

You know what, e-mail me and we can discuss this even further.
I have some ideas you might want to consider.

Valentin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sent you a reply Wreck! Thanks!

johnconner18
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow this sounds very fun and intresting i cant wait to see the finish product. Keep us posted Very Happy

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This may(or may not) help you, I found an organized text collection of the briefings, objectives, dialogue and objective complete text.

Goldeneye 007 Game Script:
http://faqs.neoseeker.com/Games/N64/goldeneye_script.txtd=121169

Valentin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice! Thanks. I'll keep everyone updated as I start working on this project later this month.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you find yourself in need of any more codes, just let me know.
Did you get around to trying out the ones I sent to you before?

mrjeffguy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Be sure to post some demos of it here, I would really like to see it. Good Luck!

Valentin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I have started "shooting" on this project. I have gotten a lot of help (especially from Wreck) and things are shaping up nicely, but I still need help on other stuff. Here is my 'wish-list' - feel free to post your own codes and ideas to this thread! Thanks!

GoldenEye 007 : The Real Deal
Code Request "Wish-List"

GOLBAL (ALL LEVELS)
• Any way to make the free-moving 3rd person camera (from the debug menu) be able to use the C buttons or R to look around.
• Any way to allow Bond to be controlled by a second controller while the free-moving 3rd person camera is active

DAM
• Camera angles similar to the movie. No cross-dissolves from shot to shot

FACILITY
• The guard in stall closest to the vents should swat at flies every few seconds
• Alec should be in room to the right of stairs. No guard on the far wall.
• Can a bunch of racks (like the bookcases in archives) be added to the room to help hide Alec?
• Two guards that walk next to each other in the lab area should be transformed into Bond and Alec carrying silenced PPKs.

RUNWAY
• A few of the Guards the runway should be have biker heads.
• Ourumov needs to be one of the guards
• Add a few bikes on Runway? (They cannot be ridden like a tank can they?)

SURFACE 1
• Not Used

BUNKER 1
• Not USed

SILO
• Not Used

FRIGATE
• Xenia and Helicopter pilot need to in the rear hanger by the helicopter
• Can all of the enemies gather on the deck over-looking the helicopter?
• Enemies need to be wearing suits and ties (No weapons)

SURFACE 2
• The Helicopter on the pad needs to be the "Pirate" helicopter from the frigate
• Ourumov should be one of the guards that welcomes Bond during the ending cinema

BUNKER 2
• Can one of the guards look like Bond (So I can get footage on Bond firing his KF7 towards the camera)
• Bond and Natalya must stand on the heli-pad at the ending cinema for a while so I can view them talking

STATUE
• Natalya should appear next to Bond at the park gates and wait there
• The guards should not attack Bond, but Alec should appear anyway

ARCHIVES
• Natalya should appear next to Bond at the beginning and follow him across the rest of the mission
• Mishkin needs to be one of the guards (to Bond's right)

STREETS
• Add a bunch of tanks and APCs to the tank yard
• Can the building be less shaded? They look too dark - even when the sky is bright
• Is there anyway to have Ourumov's car drive along the street? If not, can it be placed somewhere by itself and I will move it around on the computer

DEPOT
• Like the streets, can I make it appear like daylight?

TRAIN
• No codes needed

JUNGLE
• No codes needed

CONTROL
• Boris and Alec should be in the control room on one of the center computers. They will not react to Bond. There will be a conversation scene later with Bond and Natalya there as well.
• The control room should be filled with civilians and guards at random places.
• The glass in the control room should be clear
• Valentin should be on the floor overlooking the control room

CRADLE
• No guards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: