ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

I got windows 7 for the XP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: I got windows 7 for the XP Reply with quote Back to top

It is So Cool!!!!!!!!! it is The Best Windows Ever

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got it as well. It's pretty good. A couple things that used to work stopped working but overall I like the new feel.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Don't get me wrong, I really like it, and a few of the new features are great. The thing is, the vast majority of its features were already in Vista. I've seen no real performance increase over Vista, aesthetically I think it's slightly inferior (Vista's menus and toolbars looked nicer), no increased compatibility with things that didn't work before...it seems like everyone just decided Vista sucked without trying it, and now they love its features under the Windows 7 banner. Maybe it's better on 64-bit, but I notice no changes on 32-bit.

That said, Libraries are easily its best features, and the main reason I plan on buying a full version instead of reverting to Vista. They're such a simple concept, but incredibly useful. I suppose you could simulate it on earlier versions by just having a folder full of shortcuts to your other folders, but then you've still got to go to those folders to access your files, rather than having them all in the one place (the whole point of libraries). I also like the ability to dock two windows side-by-side easily, but I've noticed this usually only works well with smaller windows. I'm still not sold on the new taskbar, but I've stuck with it for now. I do like pinning programs I use frequently down there, but quick launch already handled that.

I wish they cleaned up file virtualization a bit. I like the idea, it's very useful if you have a family PC or whatever, but it's presented in a fairly clunky way. Personally, I think all non-user folders should be virtualized by default, with an option to turn it off on a per-folder basis. The virtual files should be displayed alongside the normal files, and any duplicates of those files in the non-virtual folder should be displayed in another color. I have a feeling people would stop complaining about virtualization if that was done, and acknowledge its benefits.

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

64-bit it always better than its baby 32-bit

Also welcome me to the family of Win7.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I kinda disagree with the 64-bit is better than 32-bit ATM.
I have quite powerful computer, playing newer games and emulating all stuff.
32bit always gives me more frames and better gameplay over 64bit.

I have both, but as comes playing new games, 32bit is still ahead.

This might change in few years, but until then I'm not anticipating the total chance to world of 64bit OS from my part.

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I got it as well. It's pretty good. A couple things that used to work stopped working but overall I like the new feel.

If its the start menu, create a new user with Admin priveliges. I got that problem.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well its Looks Way Beeter Then Windows XP Windows 7 Is More Slim And
Cool

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know that SOMEDAY my Windows 2000 will need an upgrade, and when that day comes (which it hasn't yet), I may go with 7.

But my question is this - just how close to the classic look of 2k can you get 7 to look like? Can you get the old-school grey task bar, start button, and window styles?

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You Can Put it Back To The Windows 2000 It looks Just like it

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Windows Classic is a built-in theme that mimics the 2000 look (it was there in XP and Vista as well). It retains the Windows 7 layouts by default, but several things can be customized to have a layout closer to 2000.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup Wat DB sed but it is way beter to
use Window 7 then 2000 and if you want to you can even put Windows XP on your computer to But its up to
you if you want to BMW. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: