ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Importing Counter Strike Maps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Importing Counter Strike Maps? Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering if any Counter Strike or Half Life map can be imported because there are sites with thousands of USER CREATED maps? How difficult is it to do? I am sure there would be some incredible maps.

radorn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well... http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=128 xDDD

It's as difficult as with any other type of level, same rules apply.
You have to get the geometry of the level you want into OBJ format and follow the normal procedures that apply for any other level to be usable in GE.

Captin.Frosty
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Importing Counter Strike Maps? Reply with quote Back to top

Gamma wrote:
I was wondering if any Counter Strike or Half Life map can be imported because there are sites with thousands of USER CREATED maps? How difficult is it to do? I am sure there would be some incredible maps.

Counter Strike,as shown by radorn, yes can be done.

Half Life however, no. The maps are way to big and complex to even begin to try import into GoldenEye, sorry :/

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if some Half-Life maps worked better. HL1 runs on a (heavily) modified Quake engine, and that engine had just as hard of time rendering large areas as GE does, maybe even worse. If you pay attention to how the stock HL1 maps are constructed, you'll see they use a lot of twists and turns to prevent you from seeing too much of the map from one place. Even the outdoor areas used this same concept, which is why you're never outside for very long, and usually travel between tunnels and such to get to the next area. Not only that, most maps are actually pretty small, but designed in such a way that they seamlessly blend into one another. Every time the loading prompt comes up, you're actually moving into a new map. Counter-Strike maps, on the other hand, are more open and constructed as a single map.

The maps will still need a ton of optimization, since their polycount will be much higher than it needs to be for GE, but other than that, I don't see any reason why you couldn't import them.

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: can ut work Reply with quote Back to top

can unreal tournament 99 maps work 2?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you've got some way of exporting them to obj format, then yes, it should be possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: