ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark hats still functional...kinda
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Perfect Dark hats still functional...kinda Reply with quote Back to top

We all saw that beta screenshot with hats in G5.

Well they still load in-game, just it appears the position is not properly incorporated into the model (or it's using the head position).

So using setup editor to assign hat to guard:

Last edited by SubDrag on Fri May 04, 2012 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hah, that poor guard bite more than he could swallow xD

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unless maybe size position is different, I can't enlarge "hat"

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was this done by using the "11 Headgear" object type, which is never used in any PD setup file, or was this a standard object type with a certain bitflag set?

Also, is the metal crate the only prop object you've tried as a hat so far? I would think that perhaps a weapon might work a little better. In GoldenEye, a weapon will usually be a long eye-level, or close to it. Most models (other than hats and handhelds) will crash the game, if I remember correctly (though PD seems to handle this alright, especially considering you can swap the HoverBike model and it'll still function). It's to do with how they're formatted within the model file. Maybe the positioning coordinates are just off, which is why the crate is at neck height, rather than head.

I don't think you can scale hats, for some reason. I couldn't get it to work in GE, atleast. The model has to be built to fit a generic head. It cannot be shrunken down or enlarged, either by the object block or model details scale in the 39850 Index.

Great to see that they still seem to work. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a gun. Yep it was the 11 headgear object attached to guard (that's how you do it in GE)!

We should port the hat to PD, shouldn't be too difficult, and try things with it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What's funny about the "hat" is you can't shoot it off, but you can shoot it as many times as you want, and it bleeds (but does no damage to guard)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm betting it's because of the value assigned to it in the model file. You can make hats cause damage to characters wearing them in GE, if you modify the appropriate value. I even once made it so a guard would grab at his left foot when his hat was shot, hehe. Let me see if I have any of the files detailing that stuff on this PC...

Yes, I noted them down as "Reaction Types", since it changes the way in which a character reacts when the attached item is shot. I think it comes before the XYZ positioning data, though it could be the Min/Max dimensions. You'll be able to tell when you look at it.

*Reaction Types*
0001: Standard Object
0064: Handheld Object
006E: Headgear

Maybe you could load up the model file in Hex Edit, modify the reaction value to "6E", and replace it in-game. Hopefully, if it remained the same between GE and PD, the prop should fly off their head - provided no bitflags say otherwise.

Oh, what is the size of the object block for the hat, by the way?
Is it the standard 0x5C block size that also works for the beta alarm?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, it's 0x5C.

Also where is it located exactly? Having trouble finding it. Oh you meant in-game, can't do anything in setup editor I guess about it?

I've uploaded newest beta editor, delete still isn't great, but adding seems ok for now. Can try the hat thing there?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The value is setup in the Min/Max Dimensions block, just prior to the floats. Most models will probably use "0001", but handhelds should all be "0064", atleast in GoldenEye.

Metal Crate...
005D: Pa51_crate1Z
Reaction Type: 0x0094 = 00000001

Falcon 2...
0348: Pchrfalcon2Z
Reaction Type: 0x00CC = 00000064

It looks like it should follow the same formula as GE, so hopefully "006E" will make it into a real hat, allowing it to be successfully shot off of a character. Give that a whirl and see if my hunch is correct.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Worked! That shot straight off!
Wreck do you think you could try porting a hat to PD?

Also somebody needs to characterize those digits.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great, I'm glad to see that the value still works in PD. Very Happy

I might be able to port a hat, but it won't be as easy here at my brothers. I have more of those great little convertor tools you created for me at home. Well, I suppose I've done this stuff manually before. I'll see what I can do, but there's really no guarantee that they'll fit properly. With how stuff is scaled between games, it's tough to say if it'll match up.

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that "hat" would look better, if it were scarf.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, I've attempted porting one of the helmet models from GE over to PD format. It's been sent to Sub, so hopefully he'll have a chance to test it out today. Not sure if everything is a hundred percent, but it looked correct (during my double, triple, quadruple checking). Fingers crossed that we've actually got a real hat! Razz

I wonder if hats were scrapped due to the various headsizes that PD characters have. They weren't quite as generic as in GoldenEye, so maybe the hats didn't sit right on a lot of people. Well, atleast not with the same method of applying them, anyway. There's also different sized versions of the same body during missions, which could've posed problems. I guess it depends on how the hat gets positioned, and whether or not these aspects are factored in.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow that looks great!! I think on a different head it would be right! They're a little low and wrong head size but they definitely could've used hats on PD. Just very different size heads.

Last edited by SubDrag on Fri May 04, 2012 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

fantsu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hehe! that last picture is great.
unique hobo look.
Laughing Laughing

btw. you have rain on those 2 last pictures?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: