ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark hats still functional...kinda
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
I think the nightvision is embedded in the head model, like GE's sunglasses...

Now that is quite interesting. Did you happen to take a look at their bitflags to see if something activates the goggles? If you disable it, perhaps their Nightvision will not show. I'll have to load up some of the female head models in HexEdit and see if the textures used for the goggles are present. If they are, than your hunch would appear to be correct. Very good find, DB.

Edit: I took a look at, what I think to be, all of the female head models. There are only five that share a texture with the Nightvision Goggles (as well as X-Ray Glasses). This is the list...

0594, 0595, *0596*

1A8: Cheadfem_guardZ
1C5: Cheadfem_guard2Z
7C1: CheadalexZ
7C2: CheadjulianneZ
7C3: CheadlauraZ
*1D0: CheadbiotechZ (protective eye equipment)

The "fem_guards" have the textures listed first, and the other three ladies have them listed last. I doubt that it makes any difference. They aren't always set by either numerical order or importance.

So, if any head other than one of those five is loaded and is wearing the goggles, than it would seem to be something else forcing them on. Are those bodyguards all using random heads, or is there an exception to them?

The running down to the foyer level before ever attacking the player, sort of reminds me of the "guards rush the bathroom" hack in GoldenEye. However, I don't know if they won't attack you if they find you in a hallway, since you normally just stay inside the restroom and kill everybody there. I could almost picture it as part of a cinematic, where the bodyguards are on high alert at the beginning of the mission. They're sent down to the ground floor to eliminate the intruder. Eh, who knows.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The bodyguards are set to use random heads, but I think it's likely that those five you listed are the only heads used. I couldn't find where the sunglasses bit is set, but I'm sure it's there somewhere.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It also looks as though PD has low-poly versions of each head inside the files, probably for longer distance viewing. I'm trying to learn more about how they work, in the hopes of porting something between games. It's kind of tricky, though. When you factor in the glasses, long range versions, and other bits and pieces, it can become confusing. Especially when a format you think is always used, isn't by something else. Confused

Edit: Zoinkity had found the random head lists for both male and female characters in GoldenEye, so it's likely that there are similar lists in Perfect Dark. If we can find those, we'll know what heads are available from the random female assortment. Whether those would be stored inside the 39850 Index or not, I'm not sure.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The range setting is built directly into the microcode. In other words, this isn't something specific to PD or GE; any and all N64 games can use the same ability--assuming they set up the microcode to do so, of course.

I'd say the second compressed file over the first. They stow most of the settings there. Basically, break on the random head handler. I could try ot find it when I have time.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Amusingly, I was just looking through some older threads, and it looks like Sub already knew about functional hats over a year ago:

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=2643

(Third post)

Unless that KF7 was stuck in his neck some other way. The rest of that thread is great, too. I guess those are from when PD support was first added to the 2.X GE editor.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha I forgot about that, that was a great thread.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

not to go off topic but in the link I saw a pic with a beta skedar drone gun. Is there a way you can replace the normal drone guns with that one?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You want them in Crash Site, I'm guessing? That setup works well, it's been my playground in testing action blocks, and I've never managed to break it. Open the uncompressed setup, open the object editor, change the object id to drone gun/windmill, and change the image for each one to 179. Also change the size to 1000% (or more; these things are tiny!). Go back to the main editor window, and save the setup uncompressed (call it something different than normal, like Usetupcrashsite-dronegunsZ.bin); don't worry about renaming the pads since you didn't change them, just save the existing file.

Now, go to Tools -> 21990 modification. Click the delete debug data button at the bottom of the window. Now select UsetupaztZ from the pulldown menu. Inject your edited setup here, and save a new ROM. If you're using Project64, you'll need to change the game settings to match a normal PD ROM, otherwise it'll crash. Now just load up the stage and check them out. Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure I found the random head lists, but I won't be able to check into them until I'm back at home. There are some duplicate lists, which I'm not sure why they've put in. Maybe for high and lo-res modes? The female heads are identical, but the second male assortment is only half of the first one. It could even be for when you're playing Co-Op or Counter-Op modes. Will require some testing.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's strange. It seems as though there are three sets of random heads for female bodies, but only one seems to be used. The first two sets, which are identical, has four heads. The other one has only three; the three heads that contain Nightvision Goggles. By changing the head values, every bodyguard in both Extraction and Mr. Blonde's Revenge now featured a man's head. The guys upstairs wore their sunglasses, since they're toggled on somewhere. It's odd that the other two sets aren't used, but it could be something to do with the chosen body. I may need to switch them out with other costumes.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

TRANSVESTITE!

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LMFAO...
That had me laughing for a bit, Spyster. Razz

I swapped out the bodies used for the bodyguards at the end of the Extraction mission and I believe I've determined which random head sets belong to each female body...

First Female Set @ 0x008C78
56: Jo Combat
61: Jo Party Frock
62: Jo Trench Coat
65: Secretary
66: Cassandra de Vries
6D: Jo Party Frock (ripped)
78: Stewardess
7A: Head Stewardess
86: Jo Stewardess
87: Jo Wetsuit
88: Jo Aqualung
89: Jo Arctic
8A: Female Lab Technician
8B: Jo Lab Technician
8F: CI Female Lab Technician
95: Jo Leather
96: Jo Negotiator

Second Female Set (Team Heads Only Cheat) @ 0x008C8C
56: Jo Combat
61: Jo Party Frock
62: Jo Trench Coat
65: Secretary
66: Cassandra de Vries
6D: Jo Party Frock (ripped)
78: Stewardess
7A: Head Stewardess
86: Jo Stewardess
87: Jo Wetsuit
88: Jo Aqualung
89: Jo Arctic
8A: Female Lab Technician
8B: Jo Lab Technician
8F: CI Female Lab Technician
95: Jo Leather
96: Jo Negotiator

Third Female Set @ 0x008CAC
68: dataDyne Female Bodyguards

I didn't see the second set (all changed to the President's head) appear on any of the female bodies I tested. Unless I missed any, it looks as though that set is never even used. Here's the male set locations, for completion...

First Male Set @ 0x008B88
Second Male Set @ 0x008C34

Edit: Added in the second female set, which is used by the Team Heads Only cheat. Oddly, it's the same as the first set. Maybe they just needed to include this, since the male sets are different and Team Heads must have an independent list.

Last edited by Wreck on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:38 am; edited 2 times in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How did you swap which set was actually pointed to? Those offets in 39850 file right?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe the second set has something to do with the "team heads only" cheat?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I only modified the head values within each set. That way, I'd immediately know which set was being used by which body. It has something to do with the assigned "gender values" that Krijy has listed in his FAQ. Not entirely sure how that works, but I did manage to round up some good info.

Yes, the random head sets are stored within the v1.1 39850 Index (NTSC).

Team Heads, eh? That might not be a bad idea. I'll give that a shot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: