ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Important PD output fix
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Important PD output fix Reply with quote Back to top

I figured out why a lot of levels were crashing - the guard paths offsets needed to be aligned to 8, I wasn't doing that before. Regrab beta, a lot more levels should convert now! Use inject if too big.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, sounds good.
Here's hoping someone like 00dark will begin testing this out and let us know what levels have benefitted from the update.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I want to finish Area 51 multiplayer, but I don't think the level will even load in the PD visual editor. I've also tried the XDelta patch from GoldenEye vault and couldn't even play the beta (or alpha? Confused ) because I forgot which level it replaced. I think it's Area 52, but when I tried loading the level it simply froze on a black screen with no music and the game running at 60fps like it should. I'm not sure if the one on GE Vault even works or if I'm doing it wrong because even though I made it, I had to spend a long, long time without a computer until I finally built my own.

So I can't remember certain things I did. I think the current four CS solo levels on Vault are perfectly fine for the time being. My opinion on dataDyne Central CS is that it was kind of a rough make, but I tried to do it as best as possible. There are almost no weapons on any office floor rooms except one on the 22nd floor. There's one is De Vries' office, but the layout of the map still isn't quite good, plus there's annoying elevator problems. Simulants can't ride and you have to do things a certain way just to get on and off. I'd gladly remake dD Central CS the proper way. The 21st, 22nd, and 23rd floors are sparsely populated with weapon/ammo placements. I did however make good use of a couple rooms with Hills and CTC bases on the 21st and 22nd floors. Well whatever...

I really need to know how to open Area 51 visually in PD beta. I open any multiplayer setup such as Area 52's, then open Infiltration's, Rescue's, or Escape's pads file which should just load all of Area 51 in the visual window right? Doesn't the pads file determine which visual level is loaded and aren't the pads for Perfect Dark mission 4 exactly the same on all three stages?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You pick visual level to be whatever true level is, and quick convert level is where it's being converted into.

For some reason guns don't seem to be showing up in editor right now, working on it.

Also, for most PD ROMs you need to have PJ64 settings match original PD settings, otherwise game crashes.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got guns showing up, just forgot to handle its draw command, grab beta.

Also just tested, fortress now also works in-game.
EDIT: Although every weapon is showing up as a shield.
EDIT2: Looks like pads file messes up on fortress, working on it
EDIT3: Fixed something, was using wrong output for size 0x18 pads...oops, that was important too. So it's better, but I still see differences I'm working on in pad file. I don't get why all weapons are still shields in middle ring though...that's odd...it does that with normal setup too. Guess Rare blew it on Fortress default setup?

Last edited by SubDrag on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:31 pm; edited 8 times in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been really trying to figure out how in action blocks Joanna gets to start point...intro scene start point seems to be not used for that, at least in Chicago. Another thing is try and figure out how to make a "new level" and have it work-ingame.

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great that this thing is even slowly progressing, my dream, having archives-multi from GE in PD might actually still come true someday.
Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fantsu wrote:
...archives-multi from GE in PD might actually still come true someday.

We could have already ported the background file, but it would've been far too small to actually play in. Damned stage scaling system. As-is, only the Facility and both Bunker maps would have a chance of being playable. Also, clipping is quite a bit different between games, so that'd take some time to sort out.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doh air base still doesn't load

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This all very good, though. It's becoming a process of elimination. By determining what levels are refusing to load, you can study each of them and identify their faults. Once all of the setups can be re-exported and properly load in-game, it's only a matter of creating brand new setups and testing them out. Really good progress on the PD side, Sub.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do large changes on Ump_fortressZ work or on any setup or pads file? I seem to recall that deleting tag objects in Base and Fortress, for example, crashed the game. I wondered why the setups needed those tag objects. The tagged objects were objects that I had to get rid of in order for everything to work as I had planned or to simply make the outputs not exceed the setup file size limit. I don't think that should be a problem anymore because you've implemented file injections in 39850 mods. Shouldn't I be able to change the *sensitive* multiplayer stage setups on a large scale safely and successfully? Confused

Oh and how many times are you going to upgrade the editor in a day? Do I just re-grab from Vault every time you update it? Rolling Eyes

Take care,
00dark Cool Smile Wink

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just grab this file, put in main editor folder and run instead:
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/priv/subdrag/runwaysetupeditor.exe

Yes every time I update it I put it there first, which is prob whenever I post. Make sure you grab it after this post (or full one) because I missed changing preset to 0000 in multi when adding weapon.

I don't know right now if large scale changes work such as deletions. It's supposed to be supported, but I haven't played much. Let me know, give it a shot.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, don't they just tag the lift platform objects in Combat Simulator setup files, or do they tag other props, as well (maybe certain doors, if connected to lifts)? I had thought that each elevator needed to be tagged, so that the Action Blocks can activate each one individually. I don't see a reason for any other props to be tagged in a CS setup, but there very well could be.

I'm guessing the default image for each CS weapon would be the Ceiling Mounted Autogun in PD? That's a little more exciting when compared to the beta alarm in GoldenEye.

00dark wrote:
Oh and how many times are you going to upgrade the editor in a day?

You should've seen it during early development...
I was redownloading it about ten or more times a day. Razz

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Area 51 either won't load visually or takes a very, very long time to load visually. Sad I've tried opening Area 51 in visual editor for a while and it won't work on any level (Maian SOS, Infiltration, Rescue, or Escape). The arena is huge so that is probably it, but it might not work. I'm interested in testing functionality in all sorts of different areas.

Posted at 5:40 A.M. Pacific Standard Time. Cool

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Area 51 is the largest map by far, which is probably why you're having such a hard time with it. It's also one of the reasons why we don't have a full version of it ported to GE. There's too many rooms for GoldenEye to handle. I think we only got around to making an exterior only background file. It did include a few of the interior rooms, but not many. Just enough to allow for entry into the complex, if someone were to create a mission out of it.

Either try letting it load, without hitting any keys or clicking the mouse while it does, or resave all of the level files from the 39850 Modifications menu and replace the ones in the Editor. Maybe that will help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: