ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Just Got Darker...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: GoldenEye Just Got Darker... Reply with quote Back to top

Daniel Carrington and the Maian's have done it. They've shared their wealth of knowledge and discovered the secrets of time itself. Upon building their time machine, agent Joanna Dark was dispatched to the year 1997. There she would finally know just how truly remarkable her predecessor was. How will she interact with the characters and environments in GoldenEye 007? That will one day be up to you!

Okay, story time is over. I've managed to port the "Cheaddark_combatZ" head model over to GE. She actually has three different models comprising her file...

The first, is a low-poly version of Jo. It is very box-like and amusing.

The second, the normal Jo head that we're all used to seeing. She comes complete with her messy hair and earring.

The final, is actually her HUD (Heads-Up Display). This eye-piece goes around the left-side of her head and allows her to view important mission data. I'm guessing that this is an optional item, toggled on in the same fashion as sunglasses and Night Vision Goggles on other characters.

As of right now, all three are separate ports. I'll have to stick them together and test it out at some point. It still isn't perfect, as the Unique / Duplicate Points tables need proper data. I just stuck in filler for the time being, which only seems to effect the blood stains that appear from gunshots. Other than that, she's pretty much done.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That hi res one looks fantastic!

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: GoldenEye Just Got Darker... Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
The first, is a low-poly version of Jo. It is very box-like and amusing.

And people complained about GE's guards having boxy heads...

Wreck wrote:
The final, is actually her HUD (Heads-Up Display). This eye-piece goes around the left-side of her head and allows her to view important mission data. I'm guessing that this is an optional item, toggled on in the same fashion as sunglasses and Night Vision Goggles on other characters.

I'll have to look into that. I know Velvet has sunglasses, but she should use the HUD model after completing the G5 Building in Co-op as well (is it actually used anywhere else?). It's possible that they're toggled on with different bits. I never did figure out where Extraction turns the goggles/glasses on, though.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I still want to find that action block too. Doesn't she have that on in air base? She has the other head though with the hat.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think so; she does use the horizon scanner as prop though (holds it up to her eyes).

Looking into the G5 Building ending right now. There are only a few flags set on guard F2, which seems to be Joanna in the ending (all of these IDs...might be related to the fact that it could be either player's character in co-op.). It shouldn't take too long to track down which one does it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're right about Velvet having sunglasses. I just looked into her file and found the textures for them. However, she doesn't seem to wear the HUD accessory during the G5 Building outro, nor does she contain the images for them. The only other place I know of where Joanna has the HUD is for a brief moment during the Defection intro. You can just get a glimpse of it as she repels from the dropship. I couldn't really see it on console, but it looked like it was there on Mupen. Weird.

Last edited by Wreck on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting. I haven't figured out what turns it on in the G5 Outro, but I did figure out what turns Joanna on (wait, that doesn't sound right...): 00A7F200800000. I changed the 80 to 00 and she was completely invisible in the cutscene. I've got one more flag to test, which I doubt it is, and then I'm going to look into the action that sets her weapon. It's using FF, which is way beyond the valid weapon digits.

Edit: No luck with the hud. I set the first byte to 02 in each action, since that's the normal silenced Falcon 2 digit, but all I managed to do was make her left-handed...maybe the second byte really is handedness? I'll test that in a second.

Edit 2: Yeah, second byte definitely has something to do with appearance. It was set to 03 by default, and changing it to 00 made it disappear entirely. That's the Falcon, not the hud, which is still there.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do you view, figure out, and edit these codes? I know that gamesharks edit hex values but that's as far as my knowledge goes. I'm taking a programming class at school so I am becoming more interested in technical side of things.

And a good job to you, Wreck Razz

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Camaro wrote:
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do you view, figure out, and edit these codes? I know that gamesharks edit hex values but that's as far as my knowledge goes. I'm taking a programming class at school so I am becoming more interested in technical side of things.

And a good job to you, Wreck Razz

We are using the GoldenEye Setup Editor in Perfect Dark mode, which does all the work for you. But as for code behind it, it's wholly coded by myself (and some external libraries), but the work parsing and hacking GE is done by many authors, primarily Zoinkity and Wreck, but many others, using gameshark codes, hex editors, breakpointing, etc. If you need to learn more please start a new post on that.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Noticed another place where Joanna has the HUD accessory. At the end of Area 51 - Infiltration, she's wearing it during her rendezvous with Jonathan. It isn't present in the Area 51 - Rescue intro, however. That gives us at least two definite cinematics in which the HUD is visible.

Edit: She also has the HUD during the Air Force One - Antiterrorism outro, as she's asking Elvis to dislodge the Skedar craft from the ship. That's three...

Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any updates to this yet? Laughing

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guess I never did release any of the PD character ports yet. I had four characters in and functioning (if I remember right), but the blood was not setup for them. You need to make different points tables in GE models, and there is some other value that ties connected parts together, which allows the red colouration to bleed over (instead of stopping at joints).

I have everything still on my computer at home, so I can try to finish it up in the next while (maybe early to mid June).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a button in the editor to do those connections automatically now in Edit Model.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well then, that should help speed things up some. Smile

Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can't wait to see them! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: