ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

PD MP3s are PURE mp3!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Winkybunion is a bigger threat to the president!

Something must still be off with these new sound files, though. All character dialogue following your replacement is muted. Maybe there needs to be something to tell the game the file has ended?

I believe there's a shutoff in action blocks since my mp3 file I injected didn't go past the transition to her with night vision. At least in-game the guards make sounds, so it must be intro only. Bizarre. hmm

Is it also possible you're not supposed to exceed original length or it screws it up?

Last edited by SubDrag on Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a boppin beat air base.
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/priv/subdrag/perfectdarkkalimateairbasebeginning.xdelta

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, after patching the ROM with that XDelta file, my exported ROM ends up being completely empty...?

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I apologize, it didn't finish generating patch when I uploaded, grab it again!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Added a tutorial:
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=194

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, there she goes...
It's still strange that the rest of the audio is being muted. The captions all come up fine (unlike a few of my earlier tests), but no voices can be heard. I wonder if it's Action Block related, or if the MP3 files need tweaking. I noticed that PD's audio files all seem to start and end in the same fashion.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got one to work...
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/pd/patches/pd_airbase_intro_audio_replace1.xdelta
(taken from a South Park website)

Same process: choose Air Base from the mission select menu, or you can view the High Altitude intro in the Cinema menu.

Interestingly, since I replaced the first two lines of dialogue with this MP3, both of them will play properly. It's only when the third line is supposed to play that the audio fails.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm wondering if it's because my sounds were too long and somehow running into the next one without ending it caused problems.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used the same file twice in a row. The first one got cut short, but the second one came in fine and played through its entirety. The original first was shorter, while the original second was slightly longer. The third one on were all muted.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you post the 3 files? We'll take a look with mp3 analyzers see if any differences.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried the longest PD sound (something about carroll), and it works fine in air base. Just switches mp3s when time in cut-scene was right. All of Rares seem to work fine so there must be something slightly different in mp3 format.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm actually able to transition between a new MP3 (modified in HexEdit) and one of Rare's without muting. It's worked in Air Base intro, Defection intro, and Investigation outro. However, my original sound clip was sped up much faster than it should've been. The pitch seemed to remain pretty similar, though. I'll play around with it some more.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While I don't know what each part of the audio file represents, I think I've figured out why our custom audio isn't mixing with the PD audio...

Here's something for you to test: replace the first line of dialogue in Air Base with something new. Then, replace any other line after the second with the same file. When you watch the cinema, you'll hear your custom sound play fine. However, the next one can't be heard. You won't hear any of the other voice overs, not until the next one you replaced. The audio should, once again, be heard. Only that custom sound will play.

The reason? Something in the file. In PD, the header always seems to be: FF F3 30 C0. This value appears a lot throughout the file, in a sort of pattern. You'll even find it at the end. Our custom audio files have a slightly different value: FF F3 30 C4. This also appears throughout the file. If you change that value to: FF F3 30 C0, the audio will be able to mix with the rest of Rare's sounds. The downfall... it plays faster than normal, but maintains the proper pitch (seemingly). So perhaps one of the settings we're using is just slightly off?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's brilliant work Wreck (seriously). Here's the mp3 header:
http://www.mp3-tech.org/programmer/frame_header.html

AAAAAAAA AAABBCCD EEEEFFGH IIJJKLMM

L

Original
0 - Copy of original media
1 - Original media

The original bit indicates, if it is set, that the frame is located on its original media. I guess we're not on original media here.

That is quite odd that changing to a 1 fixes it, but great news. So how does it sound different?

Last edited by SubDrag on Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The first time I tried it, it was super fast.

Oddly second time, it worked: (this was using Radorn's test sound)
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/priv/subdrag/perfectdarktestsampleairbase.xdelta

Is it possible sometimes accidentally replaced good data? I am looking into how to not having audacity or tools set flag.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: