ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

PD MP3s are PURE mp3!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It looks like we're incredibly close to getting this to work, and interact with PD's original sound effects, correctly. There's just something throwing it all off. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to find the fix.

Changing all instances of "FF F3 30 C0" in a PD audio file into "FF F3 30 C4" didn't seem to make any difference in the way the clip sounded. It did prevent all following sound clips from playing, though.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

fantsu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

:O

Not "Perfect Head" but "Perfect Audio" instead.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It looks like this works perfectly now. Radorn posted the parameters for LAME encoder to get this working:

I am updating tutorial and probably will add this feature to editor (to run program and spit out params)

http://www.rarewares.org/dancer/dancer.php?f=226

lame -b 24 --cbr -F -q 0 -m m -o --noasm -t --noreplaygain --strictly-enforce-ISO --resample 22.05 test.wav test_nonoriginal.mp3

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.filedropper.com/fb2kpdedition_1

This is an "adhoc" converter I have crafted by using the excelent audio player foobar2000 and the commandline LAME encoder compile from RAREWARES.org (no relation to rareware, the company, although it may seem so)

No installation needed, just download and unpack. It doesn't add anything to the registry either, nor it adds or changes anything in your system. I removed everything not needed for the intender purpose and customized the user interface for the intended purpose which is converting audio samples to mp3 files compatible with Perfect Dark following the same format used in the original samples.

All you have to do is start the program, add some audio files to the playlist, select them all, right click on them and hit "encode -> Perfect Dark MP3". The output files should appear in a folder called pd_mp3 under the folder where the source file is.

Note that MP3 is a lossy format, intended to be used to encode from ORIGINAL LOSSLESS sources ONLY. Transconding between lossy formats is not recommended and will degrade sound badly, so converting an mp3 to mp3 again is not a good idea, and at such low bitrates as 24kbps, it may even result in silence files or something.
This is meant as a warning so that if you try to transcode from mp3 to mp3 and the results are crap, you know what happened Wink

WARNING: Note that the MP3 license from patent holders THOMSON and Fraunhofer is rather against distribution of unlicensed mp3 encoders (non-for-profit players need not pay license, though), which is why the LAME project is distributed in source code form ONLY. All compiles available are considered UNOFFICIAL.
Since I live in Spain, where there are no software patents, they can kiss my royal ass, but just in case consider this an intermin thing here at shooters Wink.

related sites:
http://www.foobar2000.org/
http://rarewares.org/

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So again many thanks to Wrecks detective work, it's now working.

I have added a similar thing to the editor. I added an inject audio button which really just runs LAME with the proper encoding.

You need to install lame.exe to main program folder though of editor:
http://www.rarewares.org/dancer/dancer.php?f=226

But now mp3s work perfectly!
I also updated the tutorial to show this (and added midi):
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=194

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Following the guide for PD, but I don't have "Split Stereo to Mono" in the menu in Audacity; just "Split Stereo Track." I see you have both in your menu, though. Maybe it's just the MP3 I'm using?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now she's a working wonderfully!
I injected the unmodified MP3 I got from online using the "converted to PD MP3" option and both new and original audio mixed together without any issues. No muting or speeding up. Fantastic stuff, Sub. And a hearty thanks goes out to Radorn, as well. Very Happy

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Following the guide for PD, but I don't have "Split Stereo to Mono" in the menu in Audacity; just "Split Stereo Track." I see you have both in your menu, though. Maybe it's just the MP3 I'm using?

I'm using 1.3.10 beta of Audacity. I have a feeling the LAME encoder takes care of even if it's stereo, but either way you just want one stream, whatever gets you there. Did it work?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll try the beta. My first attempt didn't work, I did just delete one stereo channel, and the exported WAV sounded pretty good. After adding it to the ROM and trying it out, I got an infinite loop message as soon as I started PJ64. I wanted to give it another shot before I posted about it, though, to be sure I didn't mess something up.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is definitely a size limit, so don't add a gigantic mp3. I tried to put a song in and it exploded.

Also, it sounds like you are running into not updating CRC? Try rn64crc -u myrom.rom but latest beta should've fixed this if you have rn64crc.exe in main folder.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
There is definitely a size limit, so don't add a gigantic mp3. I tried to put a song in and it exploded.

It is music, but it's only 39 seconds long. I just cut out the short part I wanted.

SubDrag wrote:
Also, it sounds like you are running into not updating CRC? Try rn64crc -u myrom.rom but latest beta should've fixed this if you have rn64crc.exe in main folder.

That took care of it, and it's playing fine. I wonder why it didn't run automatically? It usually does when I inject files.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like rn64crc isn't running now if your ROM's filename has spaces in it. It used to work fine.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's my bad, when I fixed it for other locations I accidentally lost quotes around name. That's fixed now.

radorn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
http://www.filedropper.com/fb2kpdedition_1

This is an "adhoc" converter I have crafted by using the excelent audio player foobar2000 and the commandline LAME encoder compile from RAREWARES.org (no relation to rareware, the company, although it may seem so)

No installation needed, just download and unpack. It doesn't add anything to the registry either, nor it adds or changes anything in your system. I removed everything not needed for the intender purpose and customized the user interface for the intended purpose which is converting audio samples to mp3 files compatible with Perfect Dark following the same format used in the original samples.

All you have to do is start the program, add some audio files to the playlist, select them all, right click on them and hit "encode -> Perfect Dark MP3". The output files should appear in a folder called pd_mp3 under the folder where the source file is.

Note that MP3 is a lossy format, intended to be used to encode from ORIGINAL LOSSLESS sources ONLY. Transconding between lossy formats is not recommended and will degrade sound badly, so converting an mp3 to mp3 again is not a good idea, and at such low bitrates as 24kbps, it may even result in silence files or something.
This is meant as a warning so that if you try to transcode from mp3 to mp3 and the results are crap, you know what happened Wink

WARNING: Note that the MP3 license from patent holders THOMSON and Fraunhofer is rather against distribution of unlicensed mp3 encoders (non-for-profit players need not pay license, though), which is why the LAME project is distributed in source code form ONLY. All compiles available are considered UNOFFICIAL.
Since I live in Spain, where there are no software patents, they can kiss my royal ass, but just in case consider this an intermin thing here at shooters Wink.

related sites:
http://www.foobar2000.org/
http://rarewares.org/

Anyone still have that archive I posted? accidentally deleted it and would save me a lot of time to have it back. PM me or whatever, please.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the ZIP SD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: