ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye Difficulty Challenge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Goldeneye Difficulty Challenge Reply with quote Back to top

On 007 mode there are four things you can adjust: Enemy accuracy, health, damage, and reaction speed. Accuracy and reaction speed can go up to 100 and health and damage to 1000. I'd like to see how difficult everyone can go on each level. It will be scaled 0-100 with 100 being the hardest. For example, if you have accuracy/reaction speed set to 50 and health/damage to 500, then the difficulty would be 50. Make sure you keep all four proportional and don't mix it up.

So far, I've tried Surface 1 on 25 and couldn't do it. It's awkward having to make 3 headshots with a sniper just to make one kill. Shocked May go down to 20, or try Dam.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if you have heard of Dark License to Kill, but that 's where every setting in 007 mode is maxed, and some people have actually beaten most of the levels doing this. Some people even do speed runs on this difficulty haha.

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Which levels, Camaro? I know that Facility, Frigate, Bunker 2 and Archives are possible to beat, but what others?

Speedrunning on DLTK? That's insane; even on its own it makes me paranoid! Razz

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Every level has been beaten except for Silo, Streets, Train, and Cradle. You can check out the world record times over at http://www.the-elite.net. It's crazy some of the times they get.

Last edited by Camaro on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can also check some scores on YouTube :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odDOrYOqSAk -- Bunker 1 DLTK 2:21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQYdK44BR6Q -- TAS Silo DLTK

Those are some of the most impressive!
And well, when it comes to 007 difficulty changing well.. I like to experiement with guards aiming and damage. Smile Health makes sometimes fighting random..

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow i need to do this wen i have a chants guys i wus doing the dam level ones on 007 mode on 1000 but helth on 1 so all the guys and me died in one hit i got to the last part and died with sucks maybe somone here can beat it. Smile

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm tempted to post here and offer some money. Maybe $100/level beat out of those four that haven't been? I don't want to spend a bunch of money but at least I can be pretty sure they won't all be beat one right after the other. I may offer half if someone is willing to match or something.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
speedruntrainer
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've completed 6 levels on DLTK.

Facility, Bunker 1, Frigate, Surface 2, Bunker 2 and Archives.

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/speedruntrainer

My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/speedruntrainer/

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/speedruntrainer

Lovins
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I beat Cradle a little over a month ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxnMZshffic

...and Streets and Train have been completed as well now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0b_QVRNCUQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy85PlckrW0

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh my god you must be the best goldeneye player i ever seen how did you do it?

Lovins
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually I'm only ranked 11th. Wink

You guys should really check out the-elite.net. It seems most of the players on here are really oblivious to what's been accomplished in GE.

For Cradle, look up the "suicide strat". Basically there are 2 spots in the level where Trevelyan can see you through walls, and will throw a grenade at you which then just bounces back at his feet. Since he doesn't move, the explosions hit him several times. That's how I got Trev to kill himself. And at the beginning, I use Trevelyan as a shield for the 1st guard's bullets to make it to the top, though you only make it past him about 1/15 runs or so.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow i have to check out the elite.net thanks for the site. Oh and it is so cool that you are 11th plase i wondering is 1

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice to have you here, Lovins. That Cradle run was incredibly impressive, I must say. It can be hard enough for some on 00 Agent mode, never mind with the DLTK settings. I'm still blown away by what people can do. It's wonderful to see that players are still plugging away at GoldenEye in an attempt to set new records.

Lovins wrote:
It seems most of the players on here are really oblivious to what's been accomplished in GE.

We could say the same thing about some of the people at the Elite. Razz
(we, being a hacking and modding community)

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had no idea that you could actually leave the train without triggering Natalya to come running out with you. Waiting outside for her to finish up is a nice trick. I'd be pretty nervous looking at the countdown clock, though. The time wasn't even up when the mission was completed in one of the videos I watched. You must really have an excellent sense of timing in order to pull that off.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: