ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You could export the level as a model then check the texture filenames

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, that Image Editor option to filter all textures loaded into Visual should work just fine. I can easily make a list of the images from that. Thanks!

I am going to need to import the textures into another ROM, so the ones inside the BG file and associated props will no longer be the same. Having a complete list of images will allow me to easily update them through the Editor with the texture replacement option when exporting the BG.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ran into something bizarre. It seems when I make an edit in the "Ammo" page of GE Game Configuration, to a Max Magazine Size, it is affecting the sound effects used by explosions, in particular 00 or 01. Instead of using sound 000, it ends up changing one to 001. I noticed that breaking a padlock or hatch bolt in train would trigger a rocket launcher sound effect, and looked to see what might have caused it. Even if I change it back to 000, it will reset to 001 if I switch to another one and back again. Exporting the ROM after setting to 000 also does not keep it.

Hmm, it actually seems to be adding +01 to any of the explosion type sound effects you change, as well. Like setting one that was 0AD to 0AA, will end up putting it at 0AB. Could this be some leftover thing that wasn't supported when some of the sound effect ID handling was updated before?

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finally got the chance to give the new Beta a spin and I've got to say that having the editor say which room has no verts is a massive time-saver, especially with the big maps where typos are common!

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While in room position mode, selecting a triangle will highlight the room if in single room display mode https://files.catbox.moe/32dngz.mp4

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
While in room position mode, selecting a triangle will highlight the room if in single room display mode https://files.catbox.moe/32dngz.mp4

I can't seem to recreate this. What special need to do, does it happen on a stock level?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Ran into something bizarre. It seems when I make an edit in the "Ammo" page of GE Game Configuration, to a Max Magazine Size, it is affecting the sound effects used by explosions, in particular 00 or 01. Instead of using sound 000, it ends up changing one to 001. I noticed that breaking a padlock or hatch bolt in train would trigger a rocket launcher sound effect, and looked to see what might have caused it. Even if I change it back to 000, it will reset to 001 if I switch to another one and back again. Exporting the ROM after setting to 000 also does not keep it.

Hmm, it actually seems to be adding +01 to any of the explosion type sound effects you change, as well. Like setting one that was 0AD to 0AA, will end up putting it at 0AB. Could this be some leftover thing that wasn't supported when some of the sound effect ID handling was updated before?

This should be fixed to not be +1 now.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I can't seem to recreate this. What special need to do, does it happen on a stock level?

This is the level, select a triangle [any] and it will show the highlighted effect like when room toggle is enabled

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK thanks, fixed now.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have some requests and a question about the Animation Editor.

Can there be other options, such as in Visual, to affect the display style of the models? Such as no textures, wireframe, etc?

The default background is a grey tone. Could chroma key green / blue tones be added as options? That way, people could easily replace the backgrounds with something else.

Also, when I choose Render to Movie, as either Avi or Webm, I am getting a lot of noise and artifacts around the character. Is there any way to improve the quality of the output video, or is this just something on my end?

Thanks.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure about the quality, it saves to jpgs, then combines into a movie. The avi is uncompressed I thought mostly, so it may just be the way direct x saves jpgs.

Is there any reason all this is desired for animation viewer? That is really just supposed to be a preview before testing ingame.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll send you an e-mail with more info.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This isn't a bug report but I just want to thank SubDrag for the big UI improvement, it feels like night and day
EDIT: I did find a bug, when replacing a texture in model editor, the replace with will always select the texture before the texture you're replacing

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the new layout of things is looking really nice and clean. Might take a short bit to get used to, but it will be worth it. Smile

Now that I see we have some more room inside the Weapon Stats page, I had wanted to ask that the following three things be added....

Statistics
0x00: Muzzle Flash Extension (Float)

What this does is affects the distance of the muzzle flashes from each other, most noticeably with the ZMG, as it has three different ones that chain together infront of the weapon. If you set this to 3F800000, they will all remain in one cluster.

0x28: Ejected Casings (RAM address)

Just as it sounds. There are multiple RAM addresses used here, mainly for choosing which (if any) empty casings model will fly out from the gun when fired. If set to zero, nothing will appear.

Examples...
00000000 None
8003CB60 Pistol Casing
8003CB80 Rifle Casing
8003CBA0 Rifle Casing Alt
8003CBC0 Shotgun Shell

I believe some others are used, but I did not investigate.

0x68: Force of Impact (Float)

This value determines how far an enemy will be pushed back by the shot. Weapons such as the Magnum and Shotgun should have higher values than most other guns. Not all death animations will utilize this, though. If you set it to even 50.0 or higher, they will fly across the Runway level.

Oh, I had also wanted to possibly request the renaming of the Loudness to Guards settings. Could we maybe instead use...

Volume to AI, Min
Volume to AI, Max

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Object editor appears broken, for example check the weapon category of Silo.

Confused about the sound editor, the volume/pan/priority below the sound combo box is not what is used for the current sound effect, but rather what is used for that instrument bank [which is ignored]. The true settings that are used is placed within the (second) looping dialog - is this a typo or should it be moved over to the ADSR area?

Model editor's tree view is smaller than the old UI's dialog, this makes editing models more difficult. The preview render window is also refreshing at 20fps instead of the uncapped fps with the older UI.

The grid in the animation editor's preview window is now broken, lines do not show up like it used to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 72 of 107

Jump to: