ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sure https://a.uguu.se/nhublr.mp4

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm I'm still unable to reproduce. I wonder what's going on, if another message loop problem again that's...not going to be easy. Does it happen if you right click guards/ objects etc?

The only thing I really changed was in visual editor, I added SetCapture/ReleaseCapture...on mouse up/down. I wonder if tab mode is eating that event actually...although this is after that is over, you stopped tab mode to right click.

Does either of these two versions fix it?
1) Rbutton down/up capture removed - http://www.goldeneyevault.com/priv/runwaysetupeditorrbuttoncaptureremoved.exe
2) All capture removed - http://www.goldeneyevault.com/priv/runwaysetupeditornocapture.exe

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Right click does not work for both test exes, cannot right click background\objects\anything

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How are you exiting fly mode? Is it by tab or click? I noticed click fly mode is not exiting right away, maybe, or at least not updating status. I was using tab again when trying before.

Not really reproducing though. But left click is a bit odd in that it's not exiting fly mode but cursor changes or not selecting properly, something odd going on. Don't think this was my logic.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm using tab to enter and exit fly mode - not clicking out of it.

Can you confirm that OnSetCursor() is hit when following the video?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
I'm using tab to enter and exit fly mode - not clicking out of it.

Can you confirm that OnSetCursor() is hit when following the video?

I can recreate it, if I right click, then left click and tab really fast. OnSetCursor is not called. I think fly mode is eating some messages.

I can manually call SetCursor and then it shows up, before entering fly mode. But I'm wondering if it is still going to cause a problem...does stuff work find and just cursor missing?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah actually you might be right, SendMessage(WM_SETCURSOR, 0, 0); could have been thrown away by the message pump during fly mode. I think it should be fine to call OnSetCursor()/WM_SETCURSOR at the top of FlyMode()?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Posted beta with that, should clear that up hopefully.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Works every time, thanks. I think this build should be safe to update the installer with - I haven't noticed any other problems so far.

Edit - one thing I did notice, FileVersion\ProductVersion in the RC are still using the old 4.2 version number

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm guessing the Perfect Dark aimer is not a texture? It might've been fun to make PD fly mode use the PD cursor instead, but I don't see that texture.

Ah you're right, I'll fix that version #. I'll regenerate the full installer as soon as I get a couple hours, probably Friday.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think this should work as a PD crosshair https://a.uguu.se/apfku.cur

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK cool thanks, posted beta with that.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Encountered an issue with fly mode, occasionally it will not grab window messages for a few seconds. This did not happen before the cursor icon fix.

I've recorded a video at 60fps, the capture did not drop frames - that's the editor. Appears to be more common when viewing full level with props https://a.uguu.se/dyegac.mp4

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you sure that didn't happen on 4.2 or anything recent? Highly unlikely anything I changed recently made any difference. The cursor just sendsmessage, then cursor changes, then all the rest of the logic is identical. Nothing else changed in fly mode. I can't reproduce but it's probably very PC/video card specific. Well I guess can anyone else?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're right, it does happen with 4.2. In that case, nevermind. I don't have any other problems. Thanks again for looking into my issues.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 75 of 107

Jump to: