ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
SubDrag wrote:
That's so weird. Does popping the 4.3 exe in the 4.2 folder, along with the couple files specified on github also have the same issue?

"The program can't start because ChartPro1730vc142x64.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

The couple files SubDrag mentions are "SkinFramework1640vc142x64.dll" and "ChartPro1730vc142x64.dll" on the Releases page. I didn't notice those my first time installing SubDrag's continuation.

https://github.com/carnivoroussociety/GoldEditor/releases

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Visual window will still capture mouse click when UV editor is open [video]

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you explain what's happening in video? I don't understand, there was no dragging. When you click select all in UV, it really selects also in Visual Editor? I am not seeing that happen. Is it only streets or all levels? Could it just be selecting the wrong triangle? Is there a reliable way to recreate, it's not happening for me.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Switch to room position mode
Right click triangle to modify UVs
Open UV editor
Click select all

There should be a room triangle behind the select all button for this glitch to work - and it only happens once after the UV dialog has opened

Yes, this occurs on all levels

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is weird, but I cannot recreate. It shouldn't be passing that mouse event to visual window, it's on the dialog.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha wow, it doesn't happen with my final 4.2 build.

lol disabling skinframeworks will fix this bug - great

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I don't have skinning on - if skinning is off it doesn't happen...if it's on it does??

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, the skin frameworks is causing this bug. It doesn't happen with my skin frameworks version. If you still have version v18.5.0 you could try comparing the changes

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's so weird, I can recreate. It does not fire the button handlers on UV editor with skinning and instead hits Visual Editor lbuttondown...skinning only somehow.

I don't have that version I think.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you temp pastebin XTPFrameShadow.cpp:OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's not even in my version apparently. It changed a pretty lot.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll email you with more info

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This problem was fixed in beta.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for the long delay in following this problem up. Anyway, I thought it best to start again, as I wasn't sure exactly what I'd done to 'solve' the proble, so far.

My PC is a Windows 7 64 bit CPU, 8GB RAM. Various x86 and x64 versions of the official MS C+++ distributable have been installed, and I've started afresh with new installations of the GE/PD Editor:

1. I have the two files:

size: name: exe file version

113,206,736 - gesetupeditor4.2.7z (4.2.0.69)

213,026,894 - Goldeneye Setup Editor v4.3.0 (30-July-2020).7z (4.3.00)

and I unarchived them into the following folders:

c:\GE42

c:\GE430

2. When I try to run the relevent 'PerfectGold.exe', then v4.3 does not start. Instead the same problem as before occurs; the program doesn't start, or give any error message, or do anything at all. And the program has started, because if I go to Windows Task Managr > Processes > then it shows:

PerfectGold.exe CPU = 00 Memory = 4,064K

And if I then double click on PerfectGold.exe again, then I get two listed in the Task Manager. If I start the program five times then five instances show up in the Task Manager.

When I start v4.2 of the Editor (via it's PerfectGold.exe file) then it starts normally.

3. I copied the folder c:\GE42 to c:\GE42copy so I can try SubDrag's suggestion of:

"That's so weird. Does popping the 4.3 exe in the 4.2 folder, along with the couple files specified on github also have the same issue?"

I do that, copying the four files from the page https://github.com/carnivoroussociety/GoldEditor/releases into the c:\GE42copy folder, and also copying the PerfectGold.exe into c:\GE42copy

When I then run the v4.3 PerfectGold.exe then I get the usual v4.3 result, i.e. PerfectGold.exe appears in the Task Manager, but otherwise there is no observable result, the editor doesn't start. If I copy the v42 exe into the copy folder, then v4.2 does start up.

4. In the GE430new folder, I try the suggestion

"Try disabling styles, it is a different styles version, in geeditor.ini, under [Initialization]
useStylesGOLDENEYE=0
useStylesKIRBY=0
useStylesPD=0
useStylesSNAP=0
useStylesSSB=0
useStylesMICKEY=0
useStylesJFG=0"

(my response is copyed and pasted from the forum web page, as it's the same result as when I did it that time)

My geeditor.ini consists of two lines:

[Initialization]

(That's the '[Initialization]' on one line, and one blank line beneath that. Anyway, I copied and pastes, so it's now:

[Initialization]
useStylesGOLDENEYE=0
useStylesKIRBY=0
useStylesPD=0
useStylesSNAP=0
useStylesSSB=0
useStylesMICKEY=0
useStylesJFG=0[/quote]

and running PerfectGold.exe still just seemingly does nothing except show

PerfectGold.exe 00 (CPU) 4,088K Memory

in the Task Manager.

5. I tried Windows compatability settings with PerfectGold.exe, with Disable Visual Themes + Disable Desktop Composition + Disable Display Scaling on High DPI Settings + Run This Program as Administrator

with the same result (nothing but an appearance in the Task Manager). I tried Compatabiity Mode for Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 (SP1), with no more success.

6. I'll try this now:

"I think I would try uninstall VS Redist 2015 and 2019 and install the latest VS2019 64-bit redistributable. My build is a lot later, maybe Microsoft changed things? (Note I'm quite confused and no one else yet has said had issue). VS had a lot of updates since 4.2."

BTW, is there a program I can run that says what C++ distributables are installed on my PC, so I could post the results and then SubDrag or anyone else can check to see if the v4.3 GE/PD editor needs other files installing?

I'll uninstall the redist files, and post the results.

BTW, here's a list of the currently installed MS C++ stuff

https://i.imgur.com/yfCDIjX.jpg

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

crazy idea, but try running betagrabbertool and then open runwaysetupeditor.exe

If that works then we know its a problem with vanilla 4.3.0

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 77 of 107

Jump to: