ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 106, 107, 108  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried clearing EEPROM save?

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In Perfect Dark is it possible to set the editor camera to one of the positions along a camera path? I'd like to get static camera locations into the engine somehow for a clipscene I'm working on.

Cheers!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
In Perfect Dark is it possible to set the editor camera to one of the positions along a camera path? I'd like to get static camera locations into the engine somehow for a clipscene I'm working on.

Cheers!

What? A 2E camera from a prerecorded fx route? I don't think there was ever any features like that.

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I'd be the only person in the world to use it actually. I'm trying to get some precise camera locations for an ending animation for the mod I'm working on in PD. I guess the other thing I could do is as what the conversion from obj space/rotation into PD space is and if there's a tool for that inside the editor somewhere (again, very very edge case, so I'd also accept an explanation Smile )

elfor
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Have you tried clearing EEPROM save?

Never mind, i figured it out! And made a patch from it:

GoldenEye Unlock Everything
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5541/

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Object editor for drone guns have a invalid preset entry titled 'FFFF 360 Degrees'. This should be placed at the bottom of the target preset combo box instead of the object's parent preset combo box.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Object editor for drone guns have a invalid preset entry titled 'FFFF 360 Degrees'. This should be placed at the bottom of the target preset combo box instead of the object's parent preset combo box.

I can remove from preset. The Preset Centered on already has FFFFFFFF, does that work?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
I think I'd be the only person in the world to use it actually. I'm trying to get some precise camera locations for an ending animation for the mod I'm working on in PD. I guess the other thing I could do is as what the conversion from obj space/rotation into PD space is and if there's a tool for that inside the editor somewhere (again, very very edge case, so I'd also accept an explanation Smile )

The math is probably non-trivial so not sure I'm even able to do this, but I don't really understand the use. The pre-recorded fx can do this - just have your end scene have the camera stay in the same spot through many frames.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Carnivorous wrote:

I can remove from preset. The Preset Centered on already has FFFFFFFF, does that work?

Can you replace target preset FFFFFFFF with 'FFFF 360 Degrees' instead? I believe I put that manual preset in the wrong combobox last year.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK that's changed.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you.

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

More stupid questions! So I'm working on a clip-scene for the mod I'm doing at the moment and struck upon the bright idea to save animation time with sequenced 2E camera object switches using the 00DF command. Thing is they don't have the "clip scene edging" on the top and bottom.

I'm guessing there's no way around this and the only solution is to have one giant camera action?

Cheers!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
More stupid questions! So I'm working on a clip-scene for the mod I'm doing at the moment and struck upon the bright idea to save animation time with sequenced 2E camera object switches using the 00DF command. Thing is they don't have the "clip scene edging" on the top and bottom.

I'm guessing there's no way around this and the only solution is to have one giant camera action?

Cheers!

2E cameras in PD were just for promo shots. Pre-recorded fx is the correct way to go, unless trying to reproduce GoldenEye's method.

MRKane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bummer. I hope there's enough room in the rom for some of these shots.

One last question: Do you know if cutting an animated camera short by another animate camera command will work? I'm trying to think of other ways to fix this and using the same angle over again would be one such way Smile

I guess what I'm worried about is running out of room for new Animations. I know Carn shifted everything but can't help but feel that I'll hit my head on the ceiling (as my plans are too ambitious!)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can still delete a ton of Skedar too if not using them. Also, the animations are fairly efficient. They are per keyframe but only the amount of bits absolutely necessary. We can revisit if you hit the limit?

You have to test prerecorded fx, but I think Rare does switch them at times, but you will notice the "cut".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
Page 83 of 108

Jump to: