ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i recently have problems with the editor, i can't use the model editor and the editor in general, i need know if somebody did get this message before, and btw, i didn't use the editor since November 16th or 18th, i didn't modified nothing outside of the editor, so here's the pic of the message i get

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So I've figured out the issue that I had earlier with surfaces going back: It's because the transparent flag is set on the materials inside Blender before exporting with the FBX exporter.

I'd imagine that this is handled with thee standard FBX plugin on the editors side so the only real solution for me will be to make sure that I've got no transparent materials in the project.

Or to modify the geobj exporter to handle vertex alpha, that's also an option.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've noticed this for a little while now, but haven't gotten around to mentioning it. Whenever I try to import an image as a 4609/460A type, it seems to always end up as 4009/400A instead (at least in GE mode). This is not an issue on an older build on my other PC, and I often need to do it there, export the image after as raw, and import that using a newer build. Any idea why that is happening?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I've noticed this for a little while now, but haven't gotten around to mentioning it. Whenever I try to import an image as a 4609/460A type, it seems to always end up as 4009/400A instead (at least in GE mode). This is not an issue on an older build on my other PC, and I often need to do it there, export the image after as raw, and import that using a newer build. Any idea why that is happening?

This looks related to Carnivorous attempting to set this properly in CalculateMipmapsLevel (ie. only allow mipmaps to the level that will fit into TMEM), but there must be a bug, as it doesn't appear to be setting the right spot as max. Like 0x20 x 0x20 should fit, but it's saying Level 1. 0x10 x 0x10 it's saying Level 0.

Carnivorous can you email me how to fix this?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I've responded

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This should be fixed now; it ended up being a deeper issue. The automatic calculation for Mipmaps had some issues but should hopefully be fixed now. Add it now will in the replace 0x46, etc, just force that type, instead of the real calculated allowed mipmap value.

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a possibility for the editor to import more gradual transparency? Right now, when I want to have alpha values between 0 and 255, I have to mess around with palettes and set the values manually, and the editor can only import binary transparency (on or off).

Is it possible that when an image has alpha values, the editor imports those values and sets their corresponding alpha values (from 0 to 255) in the GE/PD texture itself?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uufje wrote:
Is there a possibility for the editor to import more gradual transparency? Right now, when I want to have alpha values between 0 and 255, I have to mess around with palettes and set the values manually, and the editor can only import binary transparency (on or off).

Is it possible that when an image has alpha values, the editor imports those values and sets their corresponding alpha values (from 0 to 255) in the GE/PD texture itself?

Only certain image types support that, and then you would import a 32-bit image. Really just the 4/4 types of greyscale, or the RGBA 32-bit, which I don't think works very well in levels.

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That worked, thanks Very Happy

I was probably messing around with the wrong file types.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PD breaks with the low quality MP3 reencode flag, please use these settings instead thank you.
Code:
tempStr.Format("lame.exe -V 9.4 -F -q 0 -m m -o -t --noreplaygain --strictly-enforce-ISO --resample 22.05 \"%s\" \"%s\"", inputFile, outputFile); // closest to original PD encoding

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK that's updated

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've encountered an annoying issue. I have a large trash bin with two transparent primary decals sorted to last. It works when I edit it as a prop, but when I rigged it to be a guard (for animating in a cutscene) it'll import without the two cycle settings I set up previously. To get around this I had to manually export the rooms and hex edit it with the updated matrix value.

This is the character file in it's working form, try to edit in visual and import, it will break in-game after that.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
I've encountered an annoying issue. I have a large trash bin with two transparent primary decals sorted to last. It works when I edit it as a prop, but when I rigged it to be a guard (for animating in a cutscene) it'll import without the two cycle settings I set up previously. To get around this I had to manually export the rooms and hex edit it with the updated matrix value.

This is the character file in it's working form, try to edit in visual and import, it will break in-game after that.

OK so the issue is not 2-cycle. All guard stuff defaults to 2-cycle and will fix if anything is 1.

I believe guard commands auto-remove B9/FC commands because they override the blood settings. It's removing the B900031DC4104DD8. If you put it back manually in the new list, it works ok.

I can add a checkbox I guess to skip this special guard processing. Or is losing blood a problem, and didn't realize? Or are you not really making a guard, just for an animation in a scene?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's for a cutscene that I am animating. On round trip the text decals will not be visible - I mentioned cycle 2 because the advance render mode settings are removed on import, my mistake.

I'm not sure what the correct solution is, likely the editor is trying to prevent invalid settings and what I'm doing is more of the exception. Perhaps adding a checkbox like this for characters only https://a.uguu.se/VkpVagCp.png

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I added the checkbox - it fixes this situation at least if checked. [/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 84 of 107

Jump to: