ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the "PD Import Raw to GE" is broken in latest beta. I exported the Mauler prop as raw binary, but when trying to import it to GE, the editor always closes itself when it should be injecting the converted file. I know it's a bug because an old version of the editor from 2018 can import it just fine.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd have to look at that. I've only used the PD <-> GE conversion option a few times. I do think you need to put in the correct data for it, for images, 05s, etc. If that doesn't match up, it may fail.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're right, was broken. Probably for years. Seems related to when updated tagging to be a bit better. Should be fixed in latest beta.

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for the repost but it's been several weeks now & I never got a response. I feel like I might've worded my questions poorly so I'm going to try again to hopefully be more clear.

1. Do you (or anyone else) still have the "guardnamesfile.txt" & "objectnamesfile.txt" text files for the Chunk Extension features?
The only download links I could find are broken, so if yes can they please be reuploaded?

2. Does the Editor have the ability to Extend the Gun Chunk? Located with the Guard, Hat & Object Chunk Extension sections is a "Move Gun Chunk Extension" section but there's only the option to Rename the files.
If yes, then they're not showing up.
If no, then I suggest changing the "Move Gun Chunk Extension" name to something else to avoid confusion.

3. Can an option be added to edit the POV Height for Single Player?
It is located at HEX Address 3456C inside the 21990 file (RAM Address: 800552FC)
It is a Float Value with the Default being 0.0699999928 (3D8F5C28 in HEX)
Turbo Mode & the Multiplayer POV Heights are multipliers of this height, meaning that editing this will also edit those POV Heights.
The Single Player POV Height also affects the Player's Speed, so setting it to a bigger value makes the Player move faster, a smaller value makes the Player move slower.
After extensive testing, the only "issues" I've run into was setting the POV so small that the Player barely moved, and setting it so big that the Player only saw the Sky because the Player's head was far above the current room's ceiling. Game still worked fine, these are just side effects of using extremely big/small values.

Hopefully I've phrased this better than last time.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have the guard one. If you can find me on Discord, I can message it to you. Been meaning to add a proper tutorial to Vault for these extensions.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I added POV to model details page under Cuffs.

There is no extend guns, it was never done, or seemed necessary since there were so many leftover slots, and there were other concerns with them. Didn't rename it for now, maybe could, but it's just showing an expert mode thing of all the different changes can make to types.

Here are links to samples - you basically just extend to as far as you ever think you'll want (within limits, guards can only go up to 7D I think, and objects hit a breaking point too maybe). These aren't that far extended - you basically just add to the end a copy of last entry.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3gmnvm0ouuk0kv3/guardnamesfile.txt/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ihvmzbzjwfgwv1z/objectnamesfile.txt/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/80qcn0zja5dare7/guntest.txt/file

These were steps I found in an email, also steps here:
http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=71272#71272

"So first, apply the 7 meg Zoinkity patch. Now in a hex editor, manually extend the ROM with FFs to 0x1000000 (from 0xC00000), since it's by default placing the objects at B0FFXXXX. You could probably do B0BFXXXX, but it's better to extend, since need anyways for more files. So load that ROM in Game Configuration. Click Delete debug data. You have to go in order then. Use a guardnamesfile.txt in a valid location, then click Move Guard Data (Do First) button and write ROM. Then last click Move Head/Hat Data and Write ROM. Then last click Move Objects, but you also need a spot with objectnamesfile.txt for that. I attached one for each that extends it slightly. You're good from then on. So basically just make sure you use 7 meg ROM extended to 16 meg, then go in order of Move Guards, Move Head/Hat, then Move Objects. It does work to extend, but it's a pretty radical change, and uses a lot of your 807XXXXX RAM, and copies to there via some ASM on boot. I'm not sure we'll ever see any use of it (other than Goldfinger 64 madness). I had previously hid the buttons but there was interest in extensions, so I unhid it in case. You can also rename, once it's extended, which should just rename using the txt file reference. I'm not sure about extending after the fact...I doubt that works. Just extend it once, with as big as it could possibly get (the defaults are rather large for the amount of extensions), but can rename after later. It doesn't actually rename files, just the tables of names by model/guard number. I attached the patch of what it did after I did all those buttons in a row with those two text files. Sometimes it's easier to just rename it manually at end of ROM, but then you are size limited since it doesn't rewrite the table that way (I think for GF64 I used a longer placeholder name...so I could do it manually at end of ROM instead of using rename button). And of course, the new files you put...if you don't actually add a file with new names matching, it won't load in editor (when edit say file not found), and crash ingame if using that prop/guard #. The editor should fully support this extension in every spot."

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you so much!

While there are a ton of unused Weapon slots, most of them are lacking features such as "Bullet Type Table" or "Multi Pickup" with Guns 3E - 58 missing a ton of features and can't be turned into normal weapons.

I think it's like how the Head/Hat Data is limited to Guards 2A - 45 and has to be extended separately to allow for all Guard slots to use it.
Maybe a similar thing can be done for the various Tables/Data that Weapons use as that would be close enough to a Gun Chunk Extension thanks to how many unused Weapons slots there are.

If not, it's still awesome that we can even increase the number of Guards & Objects.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good to get those other files. Definitely follow the step-by-step instructions I posted on the second page of that linked thread, as they fill in the full process (at least for characters, which is the bigger concern for extension, as GE has over 90 unused objects normally, but I did list that step), and factors in Footsteps patches.

Guns would need even more done for them, because of so many things involved in them. Items and gadgets could be easier to support. But weapons have different tables and ID hardcodes.

Just remember that there is a maximum number of files you can have total. I can't remember what it is off the top of my head.

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've a feature request: When exporting an animation out of Perfect Dark (or even Goldeneye) have the option to make the first frame as the rest position.

How is this helpful? So the Better FBX Importer/Exporter does a fine job importing FBX files exported out of the editor, but the "rest position" for the imported armature (or "rig" if you're a Maya/Max user) is scrubbed in the process. Having this rest position allows the modeller to better assess the base position of characters or weapons, and in the case of Perfect Dark it greatly helps with the animation process.

So the "rest position" as the first frame that I'm asking for is the resting position as seen in the model editor, as opposed to the animated positions seen in the animation editor. For characters it's the "H pose", and for weapons/first person Perfect Dark props it's the "gun in front, hands on the table" pose they all seem to have.

Of course if this is doable then I'll be kicking myself that I didn't request it sooner, as I've just burnt over a month of everyones time moving the entire Dark Noon mod into Goldeneye when this feature would have fixed the core problem I couldn't overcome with the asset creation pipeline of Blender to Perfect Dark.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
I've a feature request: When exporting an animation out of Perfect Dark (or even Goldeneye) have the option to make the first frame as the rest position.

Are you saying you want the editor to export an extra frame in front of the animation that poses the model into its expected default pose? I am asking to help clarify since it took me awhile to reach that conclusion.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm also pretty confused. This seems just like a messed up plug in. Adding an extra frame at beginning seems odd since not part of animation.

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lazlo52 wrote:
MRKane wrote:

Are you saying you want the editor to export an extra frame in front of the animation that poses the model into its expected default pose? I am asking to help clarify since it took me awhile to reach that conclusion.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm asking. Sorry for seeming scattered - my mental acuity isn't good at the best of times and I'm taking a hammering at the moment.

I know it seems odd, but it's because pose information is scrubbed in the import/export process. Simply put: if you're using Blender then animations are exceedingly difficult as even paid solutions don't follow the FBX format as explicitly as they need to in order to import things correctly and I'm essentially trying to find a workaround here.

Possibly more damming is that the artists I work with had difficulty importing the exported FBX correctly into Maya 2022 leading me to wonder if Autodesk themselves had changed things again.

The pose information is handy when trying to use hand models as part of the weapon animation as trying to "guess" where things are is borderline impossible as a workflow.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just such a weird thing - is there any way to just import separately the rig and apply to pose?

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Just such a weird thing - is there any way to just import separately the rig and apply to pose?

Short answer: No. This, however, does beg explanation Smile

The FBX exported out of the editor does everything exactingly to the FBX standard, but most importers/exporters do things the lazy way. In the case of importing things into Blender the only plugin that gets this vaguely correct is the "Better FBX Importer/Exporter", and I had to bug the guy who wrote it to add support for "bone pose offsets" which at least baked information down into something that let me get animations into Blender - but it can't do base poses. I got a little setting to toggle and considered myself lucky as the programmer was unwilling to develop it further due to it "not really being necessary".

I've tried writing a script to transfer the base pose from one armature to another but for whatever reason it keeps screwing things up due to how things seem to be arranged in Blender. In short: Blender is the problem here because I'm unwilling to sell my left kidney for a Maya license Wink

So in short this is a crutch, specifically for me to pull out the last splinter of hope for resuming my development of Dark Noon in Perfect Dark. Of course if you say "it's not possible" then it's a double edged sword for me as I won't go back to the hell that is Perfect Dark development lol

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Its surely achievable but highly specific and weird. What do you mean by base psoe? Just literally setting all srt to 0 for one frame?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 97 of 107

Jump to: