ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Entropy Soldier wrote:
I would also like the Ability to copy pre-existing weapons over others, including 05's and w/e else needed for flawless operation.

You have that ability, but the 05s you're seriously on your own. No good way to suddenly swap since each weapon is its own beast. The rest of requests are valid, but since no ones hacked them out that needs to be done first.

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After I selet Perfect Dark Rom for 39850moddifications, The editor crashes.
Also, I added an extra preset by accident, then deleted it, and it crashed.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Extra Preset I fixed in beta (still no clue what these are), but 39850, you must set quick ROM for PD in preferences. Otherwise shouldn't be an issue.

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It seems like the extra preset is conected to a preset. I think

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sonadow wrote:
It seems like the extra preset is conected to a preset. I think

What?How?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I improved the folder dialog in beta version, DB can you check it out, make sure it works?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unless you have already and couldn't work it out, could you look into allowing us to use the odder sized textures (32x48, 16x64, etc.) that are already available in GE/PD? I'm not too interested in importing new textures at those sizes, but it would be nice to be able to use the originals in our custom BGs. PD has a lot of these, compared to GE.

If it can't be worked out, I might create 32x64/64x32 replacements for those textures, that can be imported over the originals, for my custom stages. I'll make them freely available for anyone else who wants to use them.

---

Another one: Currently we can import primary and secondary architecture from a single obj file. I was wondering if we could add clipping in the same manner:

primary Room01
secondary Room01
clipping Room01

This way clipping could be done as a layer in our obj files, rather than a separate model. It would make updating it easier if we make a drastic change to the background.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wouldn't that require you to duplicate all geometry though? Is that easy to do? I had figured most just deleted the walls and used it, but yes as you mention if you change architecture, a pain to redo clipping

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Duplicating the geometry isn't hard at all, at least with DeleD. Edit -> Select All -> [space]. Will create a copy of everything. Cleaning it up afterward to only have what is needed for clipping is another story, but that's a problem no matter how you do it, and is why I usually just rely on the setup editor for clipping.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So would you use this new feature or no?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It'd probably be helpful for taking care of a big chunk of the clipping. You'd really just need to go in and delete what you don't need. In GE, would be ceilings and walls. In PD, would be a lot less. It'd still likely require some tweaking with the Editor's Visual, but that's a given.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you export layers separately in DeleD? If so you don't need the feature.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes and no. I you can easily delete the background geometry and leave the clipping or vice-versa, but there's no specific way to just export some parts (so if you accidentally click "yes" at the do you want to save your changes prompt, you accidentally saved without one or the other).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seems like you could just back it up, with both layers, then delete one layer, export, reopen, delete next layer, export as clip.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's how I've been doing it, so it's no problem. I just figured I'd suggest the other way, since the background and clipping could be imported at the same time rather than separately.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 2 of 107

Jump to: