ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it right that when I run "Get Latest Beta Editor" from the Windows Start menu (and making sure that I'm not currently running the editor, as of course otherwise it's files couldn't be updated whilst in use) that I get no message on screen that anything is happening, no "Updating the editor", or "The Editor has now been updated"?

I ask because the Goldeneye Editor says version 2.4 on the title page, and on the Help > About page in the editor it says version 2.5.0.0 (Build May 22 2013), whereas I'd have thought it would say "May 2017" or similar.

In Perfect Editor it says "Perfect Dark Setup Editor Version 1.13 (Build Mar. 29 2013)."

Last edited by Kerr Avon on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh you're way out of date, because you're using V2 of the editor. It should say 3.0 in there! But essentially you use the beta grabber, then run the Beta version of editor instead of normal one.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could you add the "Draw Distance" float point value for the G_Z models in the Weapon Statistics menu? You have it for objects and characters, but not weapons. Maybe under Bitflags there is enough room. It's important info for modifying weapons or setting up inventory watch models in custom missions. If the value you have is too low, issues could occur where parts or the whole model go invisible. If the user is not aware of this value, it may confuse them and make them believe it is a problem in their file, and not a simple correction elsewhere.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are a lot of cross-over values between edit model and game config and Id like to see more and also be sure that an update in edit model also updates game config.

Things like draw distance should be editable in both since it relates to model more than anything else.

that is unless people would prefer all model stuff to be moved (irrespective of whether it was a 21990 block value or not) to edit model.

Trev

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New user Garabuyo has reported an issue regarding Model Editor window working at small resolutions.

Garabuyo wrote:
SubDrag wrote:
Can you increase your desktop resolution? You can use scrollbar to go down though.

Basically edit a model, click a displaylist, and import from obj.

Hi again. In my case the scrollbar does not runs (Nothing ) and I have the maximun resolution (1366 x 768) in screen configuration and graphical options (In both places I have the same configuration).

This occurs with model editor only.

Thank you very much in advance. Very Happy

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=66913#66913

I have replicated the issue and his is right.

Model Editor window has the max size and you can't resize it, so the bottom of it goes beyonf the limits of the screen.
The scroll bar does nothing. You need to be able to make the window shorter in order for it to have any effect.
Even if a dynamic resize mode isn't possible for each individual window, maybe and option to set a size for it (like the Visual Editor window) in the options menu will be fine.

Anyway, if you move the Windows task bar to one of the sides instead of the bottom of the screen, you can still hit the 'Inject into ROM and Update' button (sadly not the ones bellow it). So you can still work with Model Editor at 768p.
Although probably not at 720p.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Could you add the "Draw Distance" float point value for the G_Z models in the Weapon Statistics menu? You have it for objects and characters, but not weapons. Maybe under Bitflags there is enough room. It's important info for modifying weapons or setting up inventory watch models in custom missions. If the value you have is too low, issues could occur where parts or the whole model go invisible. If the user is not aware of this value, it may confuse them and make them believe it is a problem in their file, and not a simple correction elsewhere.

Can you tell me what bytes it is in the weapon chunk? I don't have it there because I didn't realize it has this.

Also, I do need to eventually redo the Edit Model, but there is a workaround, to move taskbar to the side instead of bottom, and it is enough view to click Inject/Export.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i am using a 1920x1080 display and the model editor just enlarges 2x. i use windows 10 and have also turned off themes. this also occurs with dpi off

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could you please add an easy way to reorder multiplayer characters under the multiplayer tab in 21990 mods GE, like how you added up and down arrows in PD editor to reorder muliplayer stages. It would make it so much easier to add a character to the beginning of the list by just moving the last character to the beginning rather than having to change Bond and then having to edit all the other characters so they are back in order, in fact if you could do the same for multiplayer stages and weapon sets too that would be cool.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good request. I have had to do that manually before by exporting the 21990 file and updating it in a Hex editing program. Being able to shift up/down inside the menu would be quite helpful.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00action wrote:
Could you please add an easy way to reorder multiplayer characters under the multiplayer tab in 21990 mods GE, like how you added up and down arrows in PD editor to reorder muliplayer stages. It would make it so much easier to add a character to the beginning of the list by just moving the last character to the beginning rather than having to change Bond and then having to edit all the other characters so they are back in order, in fact if you could do the same for multiplayer stages and weapon sets too that would be cool.

I'll try and get to this sooner than later, added to my todo list. I have had the same problem myself!

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not really a request for the editor but still something that could be very usefull for modders.
Is there a convenient list of content for Perfect that aren't used and the place they use.

I know they did so for Zelda, there's a page somewhere, with each animation showed as a gif, and some data that are useful to know for modders.
For example, if we had a full list of animations, with the number of frame, which are used, which aren't, it would be easy to know what you can replace/add.

Same for props/objects. It would be more convenient to have a table, easy to read, where we could see how many polys have each objects, if they are unused/beta or not etc...

If I understood well, going for a higher poly model than the one you replace is possible but can lead to a corruption, right ?
Everytime I model a door...I go a bit further than the original door...but it still work since some in GE/GEX have more polygons than those of PD.

Does such lists already exist ? I may do it myself someday, because I waste lots of time, checking things like that...and I never worte serious notes of those datas. Shame on me :p

It would be so awesome if in the futur, we could have a 64 mo rom, where those limits wouldn't exist, like if we could add new entries for objects, after the original and don't fight with all those replacement problems :p
Yeah I know, easy to say !

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I added 00action's request to the beta editor, you should be able to up/down the couple combo boxes in the multiplayer tab of Tools->Game Configuration for GoldenEye.

I think right now, stuff is just named, there's not comprehensive lists like you mention (but feel free to make them). Also, it's really just Perfect Dark that has limitations. GoldenEye you can add textures, characters, etc without losing original content.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay thanks for the answer. Since I'm a lot more into PD because of all the things it added, I'll probably try to make my first map work on it first and switch to GE only if I cannot make it work.

Better ask if such a list existed already because modding those games require so much time, It would be bad to work on things that already exist.
Seem I'll better do it for myself, then it may eventually be useful for the others.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another oddity about PD is that all rooms of the map will be loaded in memory all the time. So, even through GE has a lower room limit (unless you relocate and extend the management tables) you could potentially fit a larger (well, more intricate) map in it than PD due to dynamic room management.

The two made different choices, and the end result is that GE is more dynamic and by extension modable, but by constraining that PD has the better performance.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Really wonder if someone will make use of this feature in any map, maybe you'll do in Golfinger. But there's something impossible to do in GE, and it is elevators, which IMHO makes Perfect Dark way more interesting.

And actually, I just realised that the concept I'm working on is impossible to do in GE, since there's an elevator that lead you to about 47 floors above inside the Rockfeller Center GE Building in NYC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 15 of 107

Jump to: