ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I recommend adding a quick prompt when selecting the "clip all tris" option in Room Position mode. I just clicked it on accident while working on Silo, and it takes way too long to convert a large stage, so I had to close the editor to get back to work. A window asking if you're sure you want to use it would prevent that.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I need that to.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually prefer to clip tile-by-tile. By disallowing room movement, you can either right click on a tile and convert it to clipping, or for an even faster process, just hit "F" on the keyboard. Well, I think it is F. Clipping everything in the room at one time will generate way more tris than necessary, as you can often tweak each manually to better fill an area. Far better for optimization and control. Plus, I'm half nuts. Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Depending on the situation, I do that occasionally too. It really depends, sometimes it's faster to clip a whole room and delete what isn't needed, other times it's not. But the option to clip the entire background at once definitely needs confirmation, because it takes forever to complete.

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't done anything with the PD side of the editor, but. Wouldn't it be faster to export BG as OBJ, load in an editor, delete everything but what you want as clipping, optimize and then import? or is there no importing clipping from obj for PD?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is, but in general you want most of the tris so it may be easier to just do that in editor.

I added prompt anyways

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for adding that, and I have another clipping request. Could you add a single click menu option to convert a tri to a tile, instead of having to enter the convert submenu to do it? Would definitely speed things up in rooms where you don't want to convert the whole thing to clipping for whatever reason.

Edit: There also seems to be a bug related to clipping mode. I think it has to do with the automated backups. When you make a lot of changes (and I mean a lot, I tweaked practically every tile in one of silo's launch tubes), you'll get an "error opening output file" error every time you click something. You can't save any files after this, either, the editor needs to be restarted.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a feeling that this is not common knowledge, but in room positions mode if you click a bg tri and press 'f', it will automatically create a clipping tile for it. That is probably what you want essentially.

As for the error, is that the exact error message? That in the code seems to be when you try and backup the setup file oddly, not clipping. I will have to try and recreate, but it may very well be some sort of "takes too long to backup and overwriting while reading" sort of thing.

HackBond

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While in the PD side of the editor with Depot. I clicked the train platform and the editor crashed. Saying it was something like position FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF (All F's basically or 0 or something, lemme re-create it.)

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
As for the error, is that the exact error message?

Pretty sure. I'll try to recreate it if you need me to.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I have a feeling that this is not common knowledge, but in room positions mode if you click a bg tri and press 'f', it will automatically create a clipping tile for it. That is probably what you want essentially.

Just tried this out, works great, definitely speeds things up. Smile

Edit: I just got the error again. It's "cannot open output file." I was a bit off, sorry. You also get a "file error" if you close the visual window after the other one pops up.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, I was missing file close. Means you hit the 255 file handle limit. I believe it's fixed, thanks for error report, grab beta.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was also running into that same error problem quite often, so I kept making saves and re-opening my projects to prevent it from happening. It would pop up really fast when using the keyboard to move objects, since so many small moves taking place. Hopefully it was taken care of in your most recent update. Smile

Yeah, the "F" to convert selected room tri to clipping tile is great. I didn't end up getting to use it until the Egyptian was nearly complete, but it saved a ton of time on the pillars. Just make sure you have room changes disallowed, or else you may accidentally move the room out of position and your clipping will be slightly off.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just got a similar error while redoing Library's path network. When I inserted a pad, the main editor window popped up with a file error message. Same behavior, pops up any time you make a change, prevents you from saving.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oops, I had copied code from setup -> clipping for backups, yep, was bad here too. The new beta uploaded should fix it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 3 of 107

Jump to: