ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 106, 107, 108  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oddly I had that flag labelled "Required for 0A objects". Maybe we just had no idea what it was but was on 0A objects. I'll add it now.

Believe added Wreck's defaults for glass cups now and drone guns/cameras not fall to ground.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Might be good to try and see what objects in GE do use that flag, which may give us a better idea of why Rare used it. Maybe certain models, or types, benefit from it. Other than in places where the clipping tiles might make it appear too dark.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Huh, I was recently wondering if clipping colour meant anything. Cool beans.

Anywho, quick preset and pad tests seem good in both GE and PD, though the "Add Pad in Beginning" button in the Pads Editor moves around the "Pad Centered On" from their correct spots, too. That button doesn't exist in the GE version, though. Is that strange?

In other reports, deleting unused pads ends up deleting pads not linked to a set, but /are/ linked to a guard's 2328 or paths. It looks like this issue only applies to PD.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The missing 2328 PD update is now fixed, thanks for finding that.

Add pad to beginning was some hack I did for Wreck a while ago. I can't remember why. It does not update any other pads, it just inserts in the beginning and keeps all the rest of the numbers the same. I changed the button to include (No update).

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Deleting unused GE presets will also remove presets that drone/cameras are set to look at.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

connery as bond wrote:
Deleting unused GE presets will also remove presets that drone/cameras are set to look at.

Are you sure? I just tested and seems ok.

Insert 1 object, 2 presets, then camera. Point camera at last preset. Delete unused presets. The camera point should lower in preset value.

Do you have something in a test that doesn't work?

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While I wouldn't think that tyres etc would want to ignore stan colour. if you had a lamp or other self illuminating object, They would want to ignore stan colour.

laser tripwires would be a great example since the beam would always want to use its own rgb.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's a great example, Trev. Lamps or other light producing props would make sense, since the clipping tile could darken it, making it appear dull. The really cool use in Perfect Dark was to take a shadowed lantern and toggle on this bitflag to give it the illusion of turning on and brightening up. So we could probably do something similar ourselves, say with a desk lamp, so long as the situation allows.

The add pad in beginning was something I had requested while making custom multiplayer setups for GoldenEye X. It basically allowed me to work on the pickups and AI Path Network separately, then stick them together after. Not sure really how much use it will have for others.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see 2328s are properly maintained, but they're listed as Command #99 and in-use by what seems to be a random 16-object.

Oppositely, path pads are listed as being used by a path, but they're still deleted by the Unused Pads button.

Also, I don't see the (No update) text in the button in beta. And, despite your warnings, everything looks correctly shifted from it, other than what's Pad Centered On.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are likely some random actions that use Pads that may not be supported by the add / delete Pads options. Until we figure out all what actions actually use a Pad, these will be unupdated as changes are made.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
There are likely some random actions that use Pads that may not be supported by the add / delete Pads options. Until we figure out all what actions actually use a Pad, these will be unupdated as changes are made.

Well, I was assuming actions weren't supported at all in this regard.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK I was wrong, so add pads to beginning DOES actually shift everything...I fixed it to fix the Target look at. I really forgot it did that. So it shouldn't say No Update (I guess I accidentally undid that change anyways). This should fix every last pad we know about, as well as delete unused should fix everything. If there is something missing, let me know.

I fixed Command #99 to show the right 2328 instead.

Also I figured out PD Action Blocks were not wired properly to update (most were missed) when deleting, adding, so I tried to fix that as well.

The only thing I couldn't find is this:
Lazlo52 wrote:
Oppositely, path pads are listed as being used by a path, but they're still deleted by the Unused Pads button.

Can you explain how to recreate this?

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Can you explain how to recreate this?

Recreate? Open up dD Defection and delete unused pads right from the start. The plethora of hover car pads will be removed despite them all being linked to paths. This can also be seen in Extraction and Air Base.

And since I'm reminded of it, the Check Syntax button for Action Blocks doesn't seem to consider 00D5 (Hovercar Begin Path) for missing path activations (tested in Air Base).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I added 0xD5 to path duplicate activation check.

OK, so on the Defection paths...so...in GoldenEye and I thought PD, it was a requirement for paths to be on path sets...it seems this is not a PD rule for hovercars, only for guards.

But I fixed it to not delete them at least for now with tidy up.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It seems as though PD's "Import Solo Level From Visual" re-does the rooms even though there's a +Rooms button. It's fine for GE, I think, though PD definitely seems to include rooms when it probably shouldn't. This may be why I've had the bottom half of Air Base's rooms turn into Egypt's.

But for now, some more actions:

009E should be named, "Set Guard ID#'s Object Flags"

009F should be named, "Unset Guard ID#'s Object Flags"

00A0 should be named, "If Guard ID#'s Object Flags Match, Return Value"

00C4 should be a coloured return value.
00C5 should be a coloured return value.

00CA.GG.AAAA.FFFFFFFF.RR is "Spawn Clone of Guard ID" and it needs the Action Block combobox set up at AAAA.

00D0.XX.PPPP.SSSS should also have a pad combobox at PPPP.

00D1 seems to be "Set Sound Slot's Distance Interpolation Time to X"
(I mean, it's not acting like GE's crescendo action, that's for sure)

00D4 is "If Sound Slot's Volume is Less Than X, Return Value"

00DC exits level even when not in camera mode. Consider changing it to just "Exit Level"

Thank you for your time and service.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
Page 29 of 108

Jump to: