ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lazlo52 wrote:
00D1 seems to be "Set Sound Slot's Distance Interpolation Time to X"
(I mean, it's not acting like GE's crescendo action, that's for sure)

00D4 is "If Sound Slot's Volume is Less Than X, Return Value".

Hmmm... I find these two actions interesting. If these affect the instrument samples within the game then I find this really interesting. The reason why I say this is because for quite some time now I have been suspecting that there are certain instruments in GE-X that don't sound as loud and clear as they did in the original GE game. For example, instrument 25 "impact". Take a listen at Cradle, Silo X, Frigate X and compare them. Another instrument is 50 "choir" and tracks like Surface II, Surface II X and Egpytian will notice the "choir" isn't as loud and clear as the other instruments being used with it. After awhile you'll see what I mean.

There may also be other instruments that might be affect by this as well like the rest of the other "choir" type voice tones. Others have said the reason why the instruments sound different is cause the sound engine in PD handles them differently. It can't be too different as this is the same team that creating them in the first place. These actions are probably the culprit that can fix that solution for the instrument samples. That is if this is referring to PD actions which I assume (since you mentioned GE in comparison) they are.

Also can you explain what you mean when you say it doesn't behave like GE's "crescendo" action?

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Im pretty sure I can safely say that these actions will have NO effect on instrument samples as you describe.

What these commands do is set an object to emit a sound (frigate engine). as Bond gets within range the sound plays and gets louder as bond gets closer.
-Just re-read the description and this command seems to be more a delay in volume - usefull maybe for cars in DD Tower as the sound "lags behind" the car.

The second command would seem to suggest a programable cut-off but not sure what its use could be or why it would be different to a standard distance query "If Bond within X of Pad Y"

Trev

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Think got all those action updates in there.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
Im pretty sure I can safely say that these actions will have NO effect on instrument samples as you describe.

What these commands do is set an object to emit a sound (frigate engine). as Bond gets within range the sound plays and gets louder as bond gets closer.
-Just re-read the description and this command seems to be more a delay in volume - usefull maybe for cars in DD Tower as the sound "lags behind" the car.

The second command would seem to suggest a programable cut-off but not sure what its use could be or why it would be different to a standard distance query "If Bond within X of Pad Y"

Trev

Ah okay. That makes sense. Gotcha.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thundera8589 wrote:
Also can you explain what you mean when you say it doesn't behave like GE's "crescendo" action?

Yeah, in GE's Bunker 2, the alarm sound when Natalya activates the computer slowly raises in volume. When I tried to simulate this in PD as a test, nothing changed with the sound when it wasn't attached to something or someone.

Trevor wrote:

It can be used for an eavesdropping objective since it's directly tied to the sound's volume relative to the player's hearing. Or, it could be used as a trigger for someone to comment on a nearby thing. "The generator's nearby, or whatever!"

By the by, Mr. Subdrag, the lateral rotation of PD's 2E camera object seems to be represented oppositely in Visual Editor. Um... I mean, when it appears as southeast, it's northeast in-game. And when it appears as north, it's south in-game. Directly east and west are correct, though.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

0x7F055EA8: 24010020 - addiu $at, $r0, 0x0020

This is used to check if the command FB should gas or fade. By default, stage ID 20 is Egypt and is hardcoded to only transition. If you trigger FB on any other map then it will gas the level. However, a neat trick would be to replace 7F055EAC with a beq and set 7F055EA8 to 22, that way every level can use FB to transition fog except Facility.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I fixed PD's rotation. It's apparently 2 * PI - value...while GE was value + PI. Did not know that until you mentioned it, guess I had only used once and must've been east or west.

Ah I hadn't known about that digit. There's a Dam, Cuba, Cradle , and now Egypt level id. Still not sure what Dam and Cradle ones do. I added it to stage setup including the "inverse" checkbox to turn the 0x14 to 0x10 to change to BEQ.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a major bug with nulled models where when importing from visual and it complains about rooms having no points, it injects random crap from the temp directory. Can this be fixed?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Siul wrote:
There's a major bug with nulled models where when importing from visual and it complains about rooms having no points, it injects random crap from the temp directory. Can this be fixed?

This is for models, import whole from visual?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
This is for models, import whole from visual?

Yes and yes.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How did you nullify the room?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I deleted it via selecting all polygons in the visual editor and pressing the delete key.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there an easy way to recreate, I didn't have any side effects, though I'll look. Which model which room?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't recreate it as well, but whenever the window appears saying no points in room, then it will grab some junk leftover from last session (perhaps from temp directory).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's fixed now. Now it just writes out an empty file (1 vertice, terminator) so it shouldn't have that bizarre behavior anymore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 30 of 107

Jump to: