ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 106, 107, 108  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I updated, but I just got the error again when linking pads to the network.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Missed a spot, sorry, try now

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seems to be working good now. Smile

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Crazy suggestion here, might be hard to implement or cause performance issues: Object shadows. It can be really hard to tell exactly where a pad or object is located when it's raised off the ground. Drawing a shadow of the object on the floor under it would really help with this.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been inserting a pad in the area I want it to go, shift it around until it is in the right spot, then raise it up off the ground afterward. That way, it'll be at ground level when you start, allowing you to know exactly where it'll go in-game.

I know what you mean, though. Once it is off the ground, it is really hard to tell the precise position. Any change in angle makes it look like it is someplace else. A shadow would be nice, but not sure how difficult that may be for Sub to implement.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't been able to "lower to ground" pads on PD because it was too CPU intensive. In GE I could just match clipping, but in PD the clipping isn't tagged so it's a mess, and there's so much more. It's a cool idea though.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is probably a one in a million issue, but I figured I'd mention it anyway. I was just editing clipping, I selected a tri, the editor locked up, and my video driver crashed. I've done plenty of work with clipping and nothing like that has ever happened before. The only program that regularly crashes my video driver is DeleD. Razz

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It crashes on me randomly very infrequently, usually when I first open the visual editor and play with clipping immediately. Unfortunately I have no idea why.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First time I've ever seen it here. The driver recovered, but the visual window didn't, so I needed to restart the editor. That's another small problem I forgot to mention. If you open a project, close the visual window, and reopen it the BG for whatever stage the project replaces will be displayed instead.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unless I find some way to recreate it'll just be one of those fun little bugs. It's prob one of random buffer overruns. If you find any more issues, let me know.

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Request

A feature in the 35980 Mods for PD to repalce each MP3 one by one.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That already exists:
You can either click Inject audio file and choose mp3.
Or there's Export all mp3s to folder and Import all mp3s from folder, which just grabs all same named ones and injects.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hrmm, I just downloaded most recent beta editor and the PD Image Tools is immediately crashing the program on load.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The image tools are working fine for me, but PD project mode is crashing when I open a project.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't been having any issues, but I rebuilt the editor. Give it a shot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
Page 4 of 108

Jump to: