ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They are labelled correctly. If Shot Current Guard will only return after a guard has been shot and finished reacting and If Heard Bond will return if player is loud enough to be heard by the current guard. This is my test code.
Code:
3E01
3F02
C4000700
05FD0001
C4000B00
05FD0001
END

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

connery as bond wrote:
I'm 99% sure the "If Shot Current Guard" and "If Heard Bond" commanda are incorrectly labelled. I was running some tests yesterday for a civilian action block and it constantly looped even if I didn't shoot or even have any weapons out. Would love if another member would be able to verify this for me.

Which action numbers do you refer to, specifically? I might have some notes from my first pass of GE testing and can maybe make a comparison to PD.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Will there ever be support for Studiomodel formats for animation exporting/importing? If you don't know, Studiomodels are human readable model/animation files that are commonly used for the Source engine, and are generally, very easy to understand, making it probably the easiest animation format for import/export.

I've done a very rough explanation of the animation format using the generic source biped base in the URL below. Even then, it's pretty easy to read just from raw text. As it just assigns each bone to a list number, and applies their animation based off the loc/rot values given within each number on a frame.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ALR_qw4s1v_vEyWHnu_6DSCQvfZAnuOm

The largest issue with this format is the lack of vertex colouring for meshes. Though, it would be up to scratch for animations.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Typo here, should be Grenade Launcher for image

Fillerthefreak wrote:
Will there ever be support for Studiomodel formats for animation exporting/importing?
Have you tried BVH/FBX export? It has wider support.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini wrote:
Some stuff I found
Code:
Fade away timer (default 1.5 seconds)
Random head total (default 4)
7F0235E4:
andi $t9, $v0, 0x0003

I think it's not quite that simple - I thought it only had allocated 4 bytes for the actual heads (each for M/F), so if you increased, it would overrun somewhere.

I have never heard of Studiomodel formats before. Maybe you can convert from obj or fbx?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I think it's not quite that simple - I thought it only had allocated 4 bytes for the actual heads (each for M/F), so if you increased, it would overrun somewhere.

I haven't had that happen for me, and I've tested this on console many times. Maybe it is overrunning and I haven't noticed it?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini wrote:
SubDrag wrote:

I haven't had that happen for me, and I've tested this on console many times. Maybe it is overrunning and I haven't noticed it?

Hmm, I really thought it did, but I can't find the offsets. I thought it allocated 4 bytes for male, 4 for female after. Somewhere in 21990. Not sure the spot though, do you know the spot.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe it is overrunning, but it only choose 7 heads from my testing without any crashes. Here are some of the notes I had.
Code:
8002CD04: male total
8002CD08: female total
7000A450: rand function
7F0235AC: assign rand heads
7F0043D0: setup guards
7F0235EC: t9 = random head slot

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're probably overrunning into the females, but yeah.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lazlo52 wrote:
About the Text Editor...if the Object Editor is open, trying to edit text or clicking the combobox on the Text Editor can cause a hang up long enough to cancel the drop-down and sometimes crash. It may be different depending on the size of the level, since it seems tame on GE, but rather horrendous on PD. I'm thinking the Object Editor is too hefty to be updating at that time... Is there a way to stop it from updating from the Text Editor so frequently?

It should just update on close now.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
It should just update on close now.

Many thanks.

I noticed the pad selection for 2E Camera objects also lists Extra Pads. This is probably a leftover from the GE editor, and it only seems to work with regular pads anyway, so you should probably remove the Extra Pads from there.

And, the PD 2E camera rotation update you did? Looks like you also need to apply it to the "Goto Visual" function from Object Editor.

Now, a few more PD actions:

00E3 is "Fade Guard ID#'s Screen to Black" and it will need a guard ID combobox.

00E4 is "Fade in All Players' Screens From Black"

00E5 is "If Fade Complete for Guard ID#, Return Value" and will need a guard ID combobox, as well as a coloured return value.

00E8 is more like "Immediately Set 16-Door Object as Open"

00E9 appears to be "Guard ID# Draws Weapon" but the only time it does something is when you set a guard to disarm with 00. Otherwise, it does nothing or crashes.
Regardless, the guard ID is the first byte.

00EA is "If Less Than X Players Playing, Return Value"

00ED's second byte should be a weapon combobox.

00EE is "Set Player ID#'s Speed Offset". Its first byte is a guard ID.

00EF seems to accidentally include a guard ID combobox if it was previously rendered.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice finds! Doing an awesome job. Think I have it all updated except for PD Go to View...apparently it doesn't do any rotating of view for any objects, unlike GE mode. I guess cause it was so complicated, so many variations. I'll think about implementing that in the future.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've figured out what Cover Check (00004000 right) means! Please prefix it with "More Lenient"
It effectively changes how exposed to Jo an extra pad can be to be considered valid cover. I go into this in a bit more detail below, since I learned this from actions.

00F1 is "If Guard in Standing/Kneeling Firing Anim, Return Value Loop"
(Likely intended for use with action 0017)

00F4 is the GE Cuba circular camera, and appears to be fully intact. The UUUU should be set up as a pad selection combobox:
00F4.XXXX.YYYY.ZZZZ.UUUU.VVVV.WWWW

00F8 is "If Player Pickups Disabled, Return Value Loop" The first byte is a guard ID, but all players get pickups disabled if any player does, so it should default to F8. Also, the action should be coloured as a return value.

00FD is "If GuardID 00200000 Flag Set, Unset & Return" The first byte is the guard ID, and also needs to be coloured as a return value.
(Flag is set when guard is shot or hit at ALL)

010F is actually "If Guard ID's Shield Less Than Value, Return Value Loop" The combobox is fine, but its guard ID preview always shows as Invalid.

0110 is "If Guard ID's Shield Greater Than Value, Return Value Loop" This also needs to be coloured.

0111 should have an animation combobox since it uses the prerecorded cameras from that list.

0121 is "Guard Scans for Cover Pad, Return and Apply If Success" and should be a coloured return value.

0124 is "Guard Moves to Active Cover Pad"

Your Text Set previews for action 0130 (Random Sound Play From Set of 3) appear to be pulling from the Sound Set value instead of the Text Set.

And, here's an excerpt from my INI for the cover actions:
Code:
<0121>
0121.XX.YY.RR Scan current guard's area for cover pad, return RR if found and applied.
XX seems to be amount of leniency for cover visibility (10 is strict about Jo's sight to pad, 90 is much less strict).
YY appears to be pad distance from guard.
Example from block 000C: 1035, then another with 1095. If 00004000 right is set, 10s are 90s.
<0124>
0124.XX Current guard goes to active cover pad.
Needs to find a cover pad with 0121 first, otherwise won't move.
XX Options:
00: Walk
01: Jog
02: Run

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're doing a great job filling these in. Should be updated in beta.

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be possible to make so that Perfect Dark's Action Blocks can use any Guard model for Bodies/Heads?
Currently the list is limited to what the original game categorized the models as, so 00-03 & 56-96 for Bodies, 04-55 for Heads.
Maybe have the editor look at what each model type is? Or would it be easier to just combine the two lists?

With the editor being able to export & import files, the Head & Body files can be changed into other things such as Arms, Objects as well as changing a Head into a Body.

I'm requesting this because for Mario Characters, I don't need 30+ heads for enemies, and thus have been able to use a lot for Extra Arms and Unique Characters like giving the Dinner Jackets their own Heads & Arms without replacing existing ones.
Wanted to make more copies of the Skedar model to allow multiple designs, but Levels won't select Head files for the Bodies so I'd have to replace existing Bodies in order to do that.

This change would be useful for other mods that want more characters since there are quite a few heads that aren't randomly selected for Missions. While almost every head is available for Combat Simulator, the editor already allows the user to change what heads are selected so that's not a problem. Can simply have some heads be repeated in the list.

GoldenEye would also benefit from this change because like Perfect Dark, you can change what heads are randomly selected for guards. Although since we can't add slots for Multiplayer, this would only benefit GoldenEye's Missions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 32 of 107

Jump to: