ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
Actually is anyone using the editor successfully on Windows 10? I seem to have run into a plethora of different issues Sad

Windows 10 user here, what do you want me to test?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Still have to sort out pavarini's issues, but at least quickly, defaulted the hanging racks to type 0xC and that flag now.

For the embedded textures though, embedded is unsupported, you should just use new textures from the bank (or take these to the image bank, then use the image bank for them instead of embedded).

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright thanks. I was able to get around this by dumping the textures via gliden64 so it's not an important issue.

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spyster wrote:
MRKane wrote:
Actually is anyone using the editor successfully on Windows 10? I seem to have run into a plethora of different issues Sad

Windows 10 user here, what do you want me to test?

So for the better part the editor appears to be working fine, but I just cannot import new levels. I keep getting a funny "Invalid obj file" error whenever I try to import a fbx file.

I've currently been playing with the GE64 Obj exporter for Blender (Great work guys!) but cannot find where I'd select that to import it into the editor.

Long story short: I want to make some new levels, test my speed modelling skill, and perhaps angle towards a TC at some stage.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
So for the better part the editor appears to be working fine, but I just cannot import new levels. I keep getting a funny "Invalid obj file" error whenever I try to import a fbx file.

Have you set up obj2an8 properly? I'm guessing it didn't spit out a file. Try running obj2an8 manually and see if fbx to obj works.

It seems the helicopter is very strangely organized...

Bounding box only for the frame which confused import.

Last edited by SubDrag on Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The editor creates the raw embedded images to the Temp\\ folder (after loading model), it's just it won't output/export with them. You should use those, not sure what is ripped by emulator.

I fixed the export/import of chopper to not lose the blades (but need use the new room #s, you can't use a previous export, because room numbers have changed). It now only uses bounding box #s if all the displaylists have bounding box #s, otherwise defaults to room numbers.

Which parts of chopper blade get alpha wrong? It seemed to be 127 after import and did show ok ingame on latest import. Can you let me know how to recreate that?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you, it is now fixed. This is what it looked like with the previous beta, but now the glass is correct and the blades are there.

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Update on the issue I've been hitting: Oddly enough I got it going by using the x86 version of ObjToAn8. Then found that the "no textures" problem was the result of an internal blender thing assigning a second UV channel while I was using one of the new tools.

Wreck: Did the Dam I modified import correctly? I've a suspicion it won't have.

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I too would suspect not since we are limited to a +/-160m range with a view dist of +/-160m with each taking away from the other (eg, increase size, decrease vis) since our "bubble" cannot touch +/-327.67m.
Dam will only ever get imported once LevelScale is re-added. (remembering this doesn't actually touch the level geometry, but rather scales all objects, speeds etc down to the scale of the level geometry eg, a levelscale of 0.2 reduces everything else 0.2 times normal - bond is now (according the rcp) 36.0 "units" and a meter is 20.0 "units" )

Scale was always a confusing one for me until it clicked, I always thought it had to be whole digits (16bit) but I forgot about the rcp's 16bit fraction and that scale is arbitory so long as all things match.

Trev

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to request 1964 support for mt monitor support. 1964 will always map RAM to 20000000 and the window title is "1964 0.8.5". I've rename the title to Project64 and set the memory map to 20000000 - but the editor says PJ64 can't be found, then says to restart PJ64.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
I'd like to request 1964 support for mt monitor support. 1964 will always map RAM to 20000000 and the window title is "1964 0.8.5". I've rename the title to Project64 and set the memory map to 20000000 - but the editor says PJ64 can't be found, then says to restart PJ64.

Try now. It should search for 1964. I guess it was looking for Nineteen64, name must've changed at some point. You still have to put in the address though.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Monitor -mt window from the visual toolbar still says PJ64 is not found. I have confirmed the address and program in perferences

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Still have to do Pad and Preset windows when I get home tonight, but try again...hopefully finds in -mt now. Beta's uploading now.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you!! Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ran into an issue from the recent past. A mod I was helping fix up for console was having problems with a certain level. Turned out that the level ID, 17 Control, was the culprit. Same exact crashing occurred before on Kaientai Basement, which I fixed earlier this year.

So Sub, I am guess there is some hardcode there? Would be good to locate it, and try to determine its use in the intended map.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 34 of 107

Jump to: