ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK it should do clipping now too.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you.

Edit - Noticed another issue, when set cull back and x-ray, the wireframes for clipping is shown on the backside. Compared to level geometry, which doesn't show back wireframes. I think this is important as I use this to check if any clipping tiles have been inverted when importing from FBX. And if I had to request another feature, please make the clipping wireframes transparent, it's annoyingly bright compared to level geometry. Thanks!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I...think it's fixed. Let me know if it's off.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's perfect, thank you!

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yurei wrote:
Something I would love you to do :
Customize controls in the Visual Editor

i agree, this, and maybe modify and re-map aiming behavior, activate or deactivate the stand still aim locking
( if you use the double control scheme you can strafe when aiming, so the value/data is there to remove the restriction)

VR goldeneye, PD might be too expensive , but
true LIGHTGUN aiming for solo missions is possible,
using a wiimote, and microsoft adaptive controller, and an analogue

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Something that came up recently: A lot of the clipping stuff don't show up when right-clicking a PD tile in Visual, and the program crashes if the arrow keys are used to view them.

Something that's been hindering me for awhile: Somehow, it seems whenever I use Import Solo Level from Visual (PD) after investing time into something, I get an "Error too big 56FE0" when I try to write the ROM. At first, it goes away when I free up space, but after about the third time, it continues to happen no matter how many files I nullify or how much I trim my clipping. Heck, the error still came up when I completely removed the clipping, or even when I did nothing but shrink my filesizes! I could write the ROM if I saved the files, re-opened my pre-edited ROM, then injected my files manually...and also nullified one random file even though all the imported compressed sizes were lower?

That's in past tense because that ridiculousness happened a month ago. Today, I did some edits that only affected the setup. Using "Import" button brought up the 56FE0, but saving uncompressed and injecting the setup did not. The setup was about 50 (or 5?) compressed bytes bigger.

I can understand getting compression shenanigans every now and again, but my anecdote about deleting the clipping file still resulting in 56FE0 being too big makes me feel something is wrong somewhere.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 56FE0 may be because import button does bg, clip, and setup. Perhaps bg is doing it. But, I can't reproduce the right click issues. Is there a specific area that always does it that you can show me how to recreate?

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
But, I can't reproduce the right click issues. Is there a specific area that always does it that you can show me how to recreate?

I open up any level (I tried PDvilla, PDwar, and GEtrain), enter Clipping Mode, and right-click a tile. The side options for Change Al Type, Sound Effect, Tile Types Flags, etc. don't show up, so I can't edit those. Set Tile As (Lesser Used Types) shows up fine for some reason.
It's...everything at the top section (except Lesser Used Types) and the "Color" at the very bottom don't extend when highlighted. It only shows a tiny square. Trying the right arrow key to extend one of them crashes the program.

Using an older version, I see all of what's affected have checkmarks. The checkmark stuff works fine for objects and everything else in Visual, though. I wonder why the GE and PD clipping context menus are having these issues...

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you see if the latest beta fixes anything? Looks like room 0x58 had an issue in Villa (it had 0 indices, which I think caused heap corruption issues, for not allocating any memory and then deleting it).

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Can you see if the latest beta fixes anything? Looks like room 0x58 had an issue in Villa (it had 0 indices, which I think caused heap corruption issues, for not allocating any memory and then deleting it).

Oh, that does sound important...but it doesn't change anything for me here. Nope, the particular context menus still don't expand. It looks to be happening on any stage I try, not just Villa. I think it must have something to do with the clipping tile context menu, specifically the stuff that uses checkmarks.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are styles on or off?

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Are styles on or off?

Oh! Good call. It all seems correct when I turn off Window Skinning and broken again as soon as I turn it back on. Hm... So, it's the clipping tile context menu, checkmark-using expand-y things, with Window Skinning on.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok that's helpful, I'll try and figure out what issue style is causing, thanks.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I fixed the clipping missing sub-menu with styles issue in beta - you can grab it and turn styles back on. Let me know if notice any more submenus like this.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure what this is doing, or if causing any harm, but when doing a comparison between ROMS (original and modified), I noticed one spot is being changed...

BB000
Original = 38
Exported = 20

Do you know what that is for? Even making zero changes to the ROM, it exports with that value.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 38 of 107

Jump to: