ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The model editor crashes when importing over 4E GmoneyZ or 4F GgoldbarZ. This also occurs on a stock rom and when even importing what the editor exports.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Importing obj, or binary or template? I can't get it to crash with either. Can you be more specific on what trying to import.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FBX. If i click Export Whole Obj, then Import whole Obj, it crashes

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, that helped, should be fixed now in beta.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It works now, thanks

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In GE editor / Object Editor / add a 09 character type (any) / Add a 08 weapon type (any) and embed into guard / add 16 tag object type for weapon.

Now even though it dosn't break anything you will see that looking at your taged weapon its saying its embedded into an object and not the guard. i think its just drawing the name from the wrong list?
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Last edited by 00action on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Currently in v3 beta when a room file exceeds a certain size (I think it's 64 KB) it won't import and you get an error:

"Vertice File tempRoomVerticesASV01.bin is too big, > 0xFFFF"

This doesn't happen in Editor v2 and it's very troublesome because I can't edit some of my maps in v3. Actually the amount of polygons that hits the limit isn't extremely big (I estimate it's arounf 1750 tris).

I also checked a very old test where I put 15,000 tris on screen and it even ran on console (at like 3 fps, but it worked, heh) with a tempVertaa01.bin file size of 532 KB. The bgfile.bin it's only 100 KB.

Is there a reason why this was changed? Can it be reverted as how it was before?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
Currently in v3 beta when a room file exceeds a certain size (I think it's 64 KB) it won't import and you get an error:

"Vertice File tempRoomVerticesASV01.bin is too big, > 0xFFFF"

This doesn't happen in Editor v2 and it's very troublesome because I can't edit some of my maps in v3. Actually the amount of polygons that hits the limit isn't extremely big (I estimate it's arounf 1750 tris).

I also checked a very old test where I put 15,000 tris on screen and it even ran on console (at like 3 fps, but it worked, heh) with a tempVertaa01.bin file size of 532 KB. The bgfile.bin it's only 100 KB.

Is there a reason why this was changed? Can it be reverted as how it was before?

I really don't think it works past FFFF usually, it used to crash on me...I put it back for now to FFFFFF which you truly cannot exceed because you can't index that...but I'm skeptical.

Also...you shouldn't be doing stuff that size...unless you're just testing, way too much geometry in a room.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00action wrote:
In GE editor / Object Editor / add a 09 character type (any) / Add a 09 weapon type (any) and embed into guard / add 16 tag object type for weapon.

Now even though it dosn't break anything you will see that looking at your taged weapon its saying its embedded into an object and not the guard. i think its just drawing the name from the wrong list?

You're right, and I fixed it, but can you embed into a guard (instead of Attach to Guard?).

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your right i don't think there is any need to embed into a guard, i was just testing a few different things and came across it. thought it was best mentioning just in case there was something more broke than just looking up the wrong list. thanx for fixing
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Set Unique Return Value Loop in PD appears to always be applying to the first byte, when nearly all actions have the return value on the last one. It'd probably be extremely tedious to set it correctly for each thing... Isn't there some magical way to use the last byte for all of them, except for that one weird action where it's reverse? 01C0 is the only action where the return value and guard ID is backwards, it seems.

Also, also, looking at "30 Elevator Lift" in Object Editor causes most of the comboboxes for "25 Rename" to be stuck with the elevator options.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I fixed the set unique action. But not seeing the rename issues. What level and from opening setup, what order? I did notice a 25->30 issue, but not 30->25.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I fixed the set unique action. But not seeing the rename issues. What level and from opening setup, what order? I did notice a 25->30 issue, but not 30->25.

No? Hm... I open up Air Force One uncompressed, then go to Edit Objects. I go to the Rename objects and see the text entries show up fine. Next, I go to the Elevator Lift objects and see that most of them have No Door Attached. I now go back to Rename and find out the comboboxes failed to turn into text selections.

If I choose an entry at that point, it'll apply and the Rename's text number will become the number of the 16-tag I chose. I can also go anywhere in the Edit Objects menu, but returning to Rename does not fix it, even deleting all the Renames and adding a new one does nothing. I can, however, close the Edit Objects window and re-open it to repair the issue.

And, this is from latest beta just minutes ago.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK thanks, that's helpful. Should be fixed in beta.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Switching away from type 30 causes a six second hang-up, but it is better than being unable to edit the text. Thank you for your work and dedication.

Since I'm reminded of it, the Object Editor's defaults for adding a 04 Key type is all wrong for PD. The correct model image should be 0181 Keycard, all of the binary flags should be zero, and the size should be 0080. Most, if not all, built-in levels use these settings (except for the Attached to Guard flag, obviously).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 43 of 107

Jump to: