ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah ok, key defaults were weird, should be fixed now. The text I wasn't really supposed to edit those comboboxes, but I did for the 0x30 elevator type, I guess since it needed so many comboboxes. So it takes a while to reload them back.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello I've now taken over development for the editor. SubDrag has graciously given me the entire source code and I've started doing some minor tweaks. Eventually when I am more experienced with the codebase I will be able to implement some features. But as for now I am just focusing on fixing minor bugs.

You can download the latest copy here https://github.com/carnivoroussociety/GoldEditor

Currently the only changes made from 3.0 is the about page for GE has been fixed, and ObjToAn8 is included and linked by default.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hm, can't say I have any bug reports written down... Do tell when you're well-versed in the PD Action Block and Object editors, I found a few new things for both. Also, there's a missing parameter for the 39850 menu that's been brought up before, but everyone forgot about it, including me.

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Carnivorous - I am so glad someone was willing to step up to the plate here, and also so glad that it's you! My partner was actually asking me last night if I was going to offer but I've not the skill nor the time.

Welcome aboard - and thank you so so much!

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, I hope to eventually learn this large codebase and provide back to the community.

Flag 00040000 has been added to GE, this is used to hide the created inventory slot when picking up tagged armor/ammo/magazine objects. Archives uses this for the pistol magazine. Without this flag a - slot item will appear in the watch inventory. Empty weapon bitflag is now shown within the object editor for GE (this did not appear previously).

All sounds within the resource folder have been replaced with quieter sound effects. Music is turned off by default and the visual window is set to 1280x720 on first launch. Armour has been renamed to armor for easier action block searching.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So how will the upgrade process go? Do we just keep downloading runwaysetupeditor.exe?

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Thanks, I hope to eventually learn this large codebase and provide back to the community.

Flag 00040000 has been added to GE, this is used to hide the created inventory slot when picking up tagged armor/ammo/magazine objects. Archives uses this for the pistol magazine. Without this flag a - slot item will appear in the watch inventory. Empty weapon bitflag is now shown within the object editor for GE (this did not appear previously).

All sounds within the resource folder have been replaced with quieter sound effects. Music is turned off by default and the visual window is set to 1280x720 on first launch. Armour has been renamed to armor for easier action block searching.

I had an issue with Q-Lab VR with that exact issue...picking up the silencer object would create another duplicate in the inventory. Will be nice to fix that small minor issue.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CrashOveride wrote:
So how will the upgrade process go? Do we just keep downloading runwaysetupeditor.exe?

Use the beta updater tool from the latest FullEditorInstall.7z

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose I should bug you about looking into the importing of paths from obj. It's currently flipped on the x axis and the imported paths seem to result in AI crashing in PD but I cannot yet put my finger on why Smile

I can flick through test files if necessary.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've uploaded a O2 optimized compile, this is untested but hopefully nothing broke. Importing a map is roughly 153% faster than the non-O2 build. And I've updated the watch magnet attract bitflag - it's actually used to attract through walls/objects. By default the watch magnet attracts all items, just not through walls/objects.
Quote:
I suppose I should bug you about looking into the importing of paths from obj. It's currently flipped on the x axis and the imported paths seem to result in AI crashing in PD but I cannot yet put my finger on why

I can flick through test files if necessary.

Sure, if you give me a clear test I can check it out. I'm still learning the codebase so far - I can't promise to fix it.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lmfao 41mb to 24mb

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have created an installer version for my new builds - it includes the latest file association scripts by Trevor (thanks). I've also done this for SubDrag's VS2008 build (14 Sept 2018) which I have titled as legacy 3.0. I recommend this for XP and lower.

You can download these over at https://github.com/carnivoroussociety/GoldEditor

MRKane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh that is goodness on my eyeballs! Do you work as a developer Carnivorous?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've made some adjustments to world movement for fly mode. It will compensate to the current map's scale. It should feel the same moving around in Facility as it does with Runway, despite the large difference in scale. I've applied this to preset scale and scene plane clipping. There is one known bug, the model editor preview window is broken for PD. Something must have changed between VS2013 and VS2008, or I broke something. I've asked SubDrag about it. (edited - fixed, ty SubDrag)

Quote:
Oh that is goodness on my eyeballs! Do you work as a developer Carnivorous?

Hah

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can we...

Can we finally update the UI? Maybe turn the current editor code into a DLL and then write a new front-end for it in something that isn't Visual Basic?

The current UI design was usable for the first versions of the editor but as more and more features got added they got relegated to massive dropdown lists and huge panels of buttons and honestly at this point I have trouble using it myself.

Subby Wubby's true legacy is the research and backend of the editor, which should all still be usable...but to make it accessible to creative types who don't want to deal with any fancy code stuff a new interface should probably be built from the ground up.

Obviously not something that needs to be done right away, but perhaps it's worth thinking about as a long-term goal. The editor is so powerful but learning how to use it nowadays takes an apprenticeship, when most of the features probably just need a different presentation + an "advanced mode" in order to be intuitive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 44 of 107

Jump to: