ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the report - indeed alpha gradients are not importing correctly. I'll take a look at this now

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hope what I make can live up to the work you're putting into this!!

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some people were having issues with final V3 that have been fixed so I figured I'd release V4 beta now. There are no major new features - just bug fixes. I still recommend to continue using V3 unless you need to edit JFG text or want to try out V4

https://github.com/carnivoroussociety/GoldEditor/releases

Last edited by Carnivorous on Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:18 am; edited 2 times in total

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If i wanted to try this out should i extract to a different folder? such as
Code:
C:\GEEdit4

EDIT: lmfao i'm an idiot just opened the 7z and the folder's there
Are the old msstyles compatible if i copied them over?

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes.

But you need to re-assign them in preferences for each game.

Trev

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I knew that, just didn't know if they used any extra files

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Each game has it's own unique msstyles settings - by default they are using the same styleEditor.msstyles

sixty four
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice job. I can confirm the JFG text works now.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can use the beta tool of V4 to update. I've put up the exe\ini files on github so it can be used

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
Ok. I finally managed to put a finger on things. It'd appear that the editor doesn't import vertex alpha in FBX in the correct order, resulting in intended transparencies shifting position around faces. I've been able to confirm this with examples exported to Unity where vertex alphas appear to be as intended.

Given that the editor is using the FBX SDK I really wouldn't know how to advise progressing in this situation short of recommending that I change my workflow because nobody else is using functionality like this ;)

Figured it out thanks to the help of Trevor. So all you need to do is select all your transparent secondaries and open the replace texture dialog. Untick 'Apply Alpha to Vertex' and 'Apply to Env Color', then click 'Use Advance Options' and set the Cycle 2 Preset drop down menu to 'Normal Texture VertexAlpha 2'. It should look like this.

This issue will be solved soon, but for now you'll have to do this step for gradient alpha triangles. Thanks for the report.

Note: To achieve the same effect for GE you must disable fog within render mode like this example.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh Awesome! I'm thrilled there's a work-around for the moment as I'll finally be able to call the BSP "complete" before I fire off more issues at you lol. I'll see about posting a glorious conformation video on Tuesday as there's a long holiday here in NZ and believe it or not I don't actually have a home PC.

EDIT: In the V3 of the editor 'Apply Alpha to Vertex' and 'Apply to Env Color' seem to be locked on all the time so I'm being foiled there. Will wait for the next build to be released Smile

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I fixed this, please try V4 beta. Thank you

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The editor will now detect the correct audio frequency for sound effects instruments. SSB is not working as the sound effect bank appears to be missing some information - or stored differently [will investigate at a later date]. I'll also be adding a new automatic convert button for GE which will convert file format to wav with ffmpeg then apply adaptive EQ and resampling with sox. Should be done in a few days

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SoX convert has been added to GE. It will take any compatible media format and convert to wav, then apply adaptive EQ which has been modeled from the console output. For now this is only supported for GE - you will still need to manually convert wavs for other games.

And to prevent needlessly updating this thread for any changes, I've now included a changelog viewer to the beta grabber tool

I strongly recommend redownloading the zip archive for SoX and the beta updater

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks again for all your awesome work! Is there a pay pal somewhere that we could buy you a coffee with?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 48 of 107

Jump to: