ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Check and compare your map with this test case https://files.catbox.moe/qir5zb.7z

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for the delay, I finally got around to doing this! Is this the expected result?

Potentially I'm having a typical "Blender" issue with the modified scripts handling vertex alpha. Sure does look good as a way to boost level detail and variance though! I think I might have to sort out my workflow.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is the correct way it should look. It's two triangles, primary and secondary. The secondary is tagged as transparent with the texture name, which will trigger the converter to check for non-consistent alpha values. Providing you follow this example it should import. If it's still a problem with blender then all I can suggest is to select all of the same texture and manually set the correct DL settings. Perhaps assign it a unique texture within blender so it's easier to select all inside the editor.

Side-note: if your secondary texture is not using mipmaps then it won't be able to use vertex alpha. It's some kind of edge case for the combiner assigner which I will eventually look into fixing soon.

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Side-note: if your secondary texture is not using mipmaps then it won't be able to use vertex alpha. It's some kind of edge case for the combiner assigner which I will eventually look into fixing soon.

I suspect you just might have hit the nail on the head there - I'm using a custom texture and simply did a plain import so didn't set any extra bits and pieces. I'll go back and investigate! A while ago I promised Loofa I'd write a tutorial when I had this figured out...she looks to become a big tutorial! I'll edit this when I've investigated a little further Very Happy

Ok, so back the following day and I can confirm that it was an issue with the texture not having mipmaps set. In typical form there's a myriad of little traps and unknowns when making levels for this engine, but I guess they've just got to be learnt at the end of the day! Thank you so much for your persistence here and development time with this!

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for reporting the issue. Considering the texture itself I can understand why you would want to not use mipmaps. For now set the mipmap level to 1, it should lessen the softening effect at a distance.

4.0 is now out of beta. GE support is up to 64MB which seems to be the limit for most flashcarts. I believe ED64 will only work with ROMs up to 63MB, I am not sure so check your flashcart manual. Other improvements have been made to the file saving/load operations, with quick convert/inject bugs being fixed due to lack of initialization. I've also made all default save names use a naming scheme with a date stamp so users don't have to wad through rom.rom.rom files. And Trevor has made some new file association icons for the editor.

You can download the latest version of the editor here https://github.com/carnivoroussociety/GoldEditor

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great job on the new update!

On the 64MB thing:
IIRC the ED64 V3 supports 64MB, I'm getting a v3 soon so will test when it arrives.

sixty four
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great job on the new updates and nice job for all involved with helping out on the latest updates to the DKR editor. Keep up the good work, thanks.

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I've managed to get it imported, and for the first time everything is pretty much on point now, except that every time I make a model change and re-import it's somehow different or causing problems in a different place.

Methinks my level is too complex in places!

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did this happen with the previous versions of the editor?

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes it did. To be totally honest I think I've got too many portals stacked against one another in a part of the map, but might also be getting some garbage from Blender as FBX keeps history in its file format and I don't quite know how Blender handles that. Oddly enough the other maps I've made work swimmingly (should be a good hint!)

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to suggest for MSU in Game configuration expand the amount of sounds available since they are not all and that has each of them are given a name, I would also like the names for the music. I do not know if this also happens with DKR, in that case I would like to suggest the same as for MSU.

Thanks.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The sound list is generated by looking at the sound table's total count [same for all games]. There are over 800 unique sound effects, naming them accurately would be time consuming and I don't know the game as well as GE\PD. Music track names have been added to MSU, thanks for the feedback.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well as you say there may be more than 800 sounds and that naming them may be a task that requires too much time. what i wanted to say about MSU is that so far i am not able to access all the existing sounds in the game because they seem not to be in the editor. examples that i can put are the sounds "Invincible Bubble" and some sounds of the items when they are triggered, for example "Baseball Toss", i.e. when Baseball is triggered.

Also in my post yesterday I forgot to say the name of each of the MSU instruments.

on the other hand I would like to ask for DKR and especially MSU, a menu in which you can modify and alter the skills of each character (weight, acceleration, speed, manageability). at least I think that should be possible in MSU, because on the character selection screen we are told in points as and how much of each ability each of the characters. I always thought that can be altered by gameshark code on the selection screen, although I have not yet arrived that.

i focus on DKR and MSU because apart from liking them i think they should grow as much as GE has done and that i should be up to GE in the editor.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
well as you say there may be more than 800 sounds and that naming them may be a task that requires too much time. what i wanted to say about MSU is that so far i am not able to access all the existing sounds in the game because they seem not to be in the editor. examples that i can put are the sounds "Invincible Bubble" and some sounds of the items when they are triggered, for example "Baseball Toss", i.e. when Baseball is triggered.

I don't think the editor is missing samples, it might be that some samples are duplicated or used as echo. Baseball Toss is sample 019E
Quote:
on the other hand I would like to ask for DKR and especially MSU, a menu in which you can modify and alter the skills of each character (weight, acceleration, speed, manageability). at least I think that should be possible in MSU, because on the character selection screen we are told in points as and how much of each ability each of the characters. I always thought that can be altered by gameshark code on the selection screen, although I have not yet arrived that.

i focus on DKR and MSU because apart from liking them i think they should grow as much as GE has done and that i should be up to GE in the editor.

I'll try to add this to the editor in a future date

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thank you for considering some requests for the future of DKR and MSU Carni. i have some requests that may be possible to apply and other requests that may be more difficult to apply or perhaps impossible, experts like you can say better than me that it is possible and that it is not:

some things that I see as possible:
- ability to modify jump height by pressing R to skid.
- in the option "Unlock all Levels and Characters", if you have a saved game with the character Professor Von Drake unlocked, this will be replaced by the character Huey (the nephew of the red cap), this makes it impossible to have all the characters unlocked. (I have come to think that perhaps MSU was not prepared to keep all the characters on the selection screen, but I do not know if this is true).
- that among the items that can touch you randomly in GP mode it is possible that you can touch the triple items that are in the menu cheats (but without the game can consider that a triple cheat item has been activated).

some things that I find difficult to apply:
- the ability to be able to fight in GP mode against a CPU that handles the characters, the 3 nephews and the Professor.
- in GP mode for 1 player, to be able to extend the number of runners in the race to more than 6 runners.
- in GP mode for 2 players, the power to make them participate at least as a minimum of 6 characters (including between them player 1 and 2), since the current way in which this in the game is a simple VS mode, the GP mode for 2 players should look like Mario Kart 64.

before requesting the extension of the list of sounds, it seemed that the list of sounds was smaller and had little to choose. since you told me the number 109E, I think I see now the list much wider and with more sounds than before. thank you for having increased it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 50 of 107

Jump to: