ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MithosKuu wrote:
I'm running into an issue with the Export to Obj function for GE and PD

If I export a room or the entire level to Obj the meshes import into my modeling package with corrupted UVWs.

If I export a room or the entire level to Fbx my modeling package crashes when trying to import them.

Which level are you exporting?

MithosKuu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Surface 2, Bunker 2, Frigate, Control, and Infiltration, same results for all of them

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't get your issue, importing within XSI displays the UVs fine. I did this on OBJ and FBX exports. Have you tried using another 3D software package?

MithosKuu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I can get them into Max by converting the ASCII fbx file to a binary fbx, importing that into blender (it still crashes if I try to import it into max), the use blender to rexport it to fbx, at which point I can finally pull it into max with correct UVs. Its annoying and convoluted but at least it works

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag was never able to figure out the issue with Max - it's a shame that the 2017 edition still has problems opening FBX files. You may have to use this convoluted workflow to import files into Max, or use another program which can properly parse 2014.1 FBX spec files.

For Blender I highly recommend using the GEObj addon for Blender 2.78b. It will read vertex color values present in GEObj exported files.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

have you tried DAE?

MithosKuu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DAE seems to work perfectly, surprised Max has troubles with it's own format

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
Quote:
Side-note: if your secondary texture is not using mipmaps then it won't be able to use vertex alpha. It's some kind of edge case for the combiner assigner which I will eventually look into fixing soon.

I suspect you just might have hit the nail on the head there - I'm using a custom texture and simply did a plain import so didn't set any extra bits and pieces. I'll go back and investigate! A while ago I promised Loofa I'd write a tutorial when I had this figured out...she looks to become a big tutorial! I'll edit this when I've investigated a little further :D

Ok, so back the following day and I can confirm that it was an issue with the texture not having mipmaps set. In typical form there's a myriad of little traps and unknowns when making levels for this engine, but I guess they've just got to be learnt at the end of the day! Thank you so much for your persistence here and development time with this!

I revisited this bug and non-mipmapped alpha gradient secondary surfaces will render correctly in-game, it's just a visual editor bug related to the GBI replace lists used by GE/PD.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi! I have a few more actions to add for the PD side.

0188 appears to be "If 16-Tagged Elevator Lift is Not Moving, Return Value Loop"

0189 looks like it's "16-Tagged Elevator Lift Goes to Stop X" and needs a 16-object combobox on the first byte.

0192 and 0193 should both be coloured like a return value.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks - it should be working in the latest beta

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is editor's roadmap for 2019, beginning from the top. The interface will eventually be given a facelift, but that is for later this year when most of the lower hanging fruit have been picked. Thank you all for the feedback

Code:
* Model Editor: Fix enviromental mapping breaking on zoom for preview window
* Create external 32-bit app for midi playback (DirectMusic API does not support x64)
* Increase ROM size support for PD to 512Megabits/64MB
* Update toolbar items for games that do not use features such as briefing or model editor
* Replace all about pages with one single about dialog window with updated credits
* Visual Editor: Add filters to paintbrush dialog
* Image Editor: Add bulk texture import with advance settings
* Add character editor for MSU/DKR
* Sound Editor: Support SSB internal table (requires reverse engineering)
* Animation Editor: Extend animation table to support more slots [GE]
* Visual Editor: Create default presets for doors
* Visual Editor: Fix SNAP and other games 'select all of same texture' bug
* Model Editor: Add environmental mapping to preview window [PD]
* Model Editor: Fix black transparency for preview window
* Visual Editor: Render PD objects with embedded textures
* Start new interface, with GE first
* Add a interactive tutorial for GE/PD

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ever since you started on this, have you ever added anything major to the GE or PD actions.ini? I thought I sent Subdrag an updated GE one, but the current version still looks old.

While not as complete as I wanted, I have improved actions.ini files for GE and PD with overall better formatting and more information. I just don't want to replace the current ones without losing anything you added, and combing through them all again is highly difficult for my current attention span. If you're sure you've added stuff, I can compare Subdrag's last versions to the current ones, then add what's new.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The current actions.ini is SubDrag's copy - I'm unaware of any newer version. I can merge your changes, please link your copy here

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
The current actions.ini is SubDrag's copy - I'm unaware of any newer version. I can merge your changes, please link your copy here

This should be a Zip of both files. I intended it to be a complete replacement for the files, where I clean up the presentation of it, add information for clarity, and keep the same words when it suffices. GE's is mostly complete, but some I haven't looked into closely and there are some things I learned from PD I need to compare. PD's is half complete because I burnt myself out shortly after the end of its GE ports. Most after that aren't re‑formatted, but there are a number of descriptions for new actions and ones I looked at out of order.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/243267327586598912/534129357665337365/action.zip

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've merged your changes, please tell me if there are any faults - thank you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 54 of 107

Jump to: