ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 106, 107, 108  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've just figured out what an "Unknown" object bitflag does in GE
00080000 - can only collect item by pressing "B" on it.
I don't think its used in GE?
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's really crazy timing on that flag, 00action. I was setting up a custom action block that would show/hide an object under the right conditions just the other day. While testing, I somehow picked it up. I realized I was using the first set of flags by mistake in one spot. I thought it just somehow let me pick it up, like the normal allow chr pickup flag, but now that I think of it, I was pressing B when it happened....

00080000 flag (1st Collect on Activation, 2nd Invisible)

Great find! I am sure somebody will find a purpose for it.

I'll have to contact SubDrag. I just hope he will be able to make even these smaller updates to keep the Editor updated with most recent knowledge.

But I do want to thank you, Carn. You've done a terrific job maintaining the Editor, and creating other awesome things like the Footsteps patch. Your time and effort was greatly appreciated. Smile

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh! Looks like that press B to collect flag works in PD, as well. Very interesting...!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello again all. Carnivorous has done such a great job pushing the editor since my retirement and his contributions will be missed. He brought a new spark to it, and did an amazing job with new features and fixes. There's no way I'll be able to contribute with the same amount of time/energy as him, but I will be able to keep the editor going with bugfixes and enhancements and try and maintain his high level of testing/skill. With a little patience...this should be ok. I will try and monitor this post but the best way to get a nearer term response is to email me directly with a detailed description, recreation steps, relevant files, etc.

I believe I have fixed the issues noted:
[GE/PD] Add Flag 00080000 for Collect via Interaction Only (B-Button)
I did test and it works PD too
[GE] Add Completes Upon Exit and Death Checkbox to Objectives, and correct inadvertent labeling 007 Mode Previously for that
[PD] Add Progress Bar to Write TLB Chunk
[GE] Remove Random Writing of Binary Data to End of Image Chunk

The beta editor (at least while we're on 4.3) will always be available at:
https://github.com/carnivoroussociety/GoldEditor/releases/download/4.3/runwaysetupeditor.exe

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wonderful to see you here, Sub. Very glad to see not only these newest things have already been implemented, but that you'll try to keep up with it when you are able to. I'm interested to know what changes might be being made with PD, as file compression issues wreak havoc on custom ROMs. It pops up (59FE0 mostly) commonly during GE-X updating, and it impacts other users attempting to create mods. It is just another one of the reasons why PD is considered such a pain to edit.

I'll eventually be moving everything over to my newer PC, where I have newer builds of the Editor installed. I still use an old Editor to this day for the majority of my work. It's either two or three years old, but works just fine! Hehe.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
It pops up (59FE0 mostly) commonly during GE-X updating, and it impacts other users attempting to create mods. It is just another one of the reasons why PD is considered such a pain to edit.

This will never happen again, it was an artifact with the older injection method of only updating ASM chunks when modified, but trying to fit within the original size limit. And as well as updating gzip with libdeflate which offers 80% smaller compressed files than gzip level 9. Another change thanks to Ryan was shifting animation chunks back over unused data, giving an extra 49DB0 bytes of space - this is enough to replace a few weapon animations without having to clear some unused animations.
Wreck wrote:
I still use an old Editor to this day for the majority of my work. It's either two or three years old, but works just fine! Hehe.

Please update - anything before 4.0 was not compiled with optimizations, since then it is 153% faster for all editor operations.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good to know. It will be nice not needing to worry about the compression issue. The way things were, it was only going to get worse as more files were imported. I had to replace a lot of stuff with super small files, from level backgrounds / clipping and even textures.

Yeah, I've seen how much quicker newer versions are. Could partly be the better computer, on top of the optimizations. I'm just so used to my older PC, and have everything I need where I need it. I'll have to spend time copying so much over, and updating my level macros file for projects. The three year old version still does the job, for now.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Between my own findings, and 00action pointing out that there is some support for this already, I figured I would request a bit more to increase use.

The "screen bank", which has lots of different banks within, including ammo icons, monitor screens, character portraits, and multiplayer level pictures, can apparently be added to already. It even appears to shift everything after it neatly, which means it can be expanded on where it is without needing to move it anywhere else. Now, when you click the "Add" button, it tacks a new image onto the end of the whole thing, which is used only for multi levels. This then updates the end offset at 100AF6 to include the new images. What I would like to request, would be a way to add monitor images and character portraits.

Monitor Images
The final default image is 0x68 (image 0345)
All following banks would need + 0x000C added to their offset per addition.

Character Portraits
The final default image is 0xB2 (image 0A84)
These need to be in groups of 4, so adding new would add 4 images.
All following banks would need + 0x0030 added to their offset per addition.

Multiplayer Level Photos
The final default image is 0xC3 (image 0A87)

I believe the final image needs to either end at, or be padded to, 0x0, so that the next part will align correctly. It's where the very first offset goes to (100AF6).

The "Add" button would still, most likely, be fine for adding multi level ( though seems to automatically add an extra image in order to end on 0x0 sometimes, rather than just pad), so just two buttons could be added for monitor screen and character portrait. But support would have to be added, like the multiplayer level photograph select box does, for the other things, as either "Extra" or "Custom". Also read on import how large the offsets between the specific banks are to know how many images are available to use.

Hopefully this can be implemented, as there is already a big old fat foot in the door already.

Here was the breakdown I had made for all the individual banks, starting image, and offset to their position in the table...

Offset to End of Full Bank / Start of Final Part = 0x1400
@ 100AF6
[ends at/pads to 0x0 for alignment]

Location of Bank + DL Headers = 29D160 in ROM
@ 100B33 + 100B3A

Bank #00: -Muzzle Flash? (858)
@ 100B5E
0xAC8 offset in

Bank #01: Bullet Impacts (start image 878)
@ 100B76
0xAD4 offset in

Bank #02: Smoke Images (start image 880)
@ 100B96
0xBC4 offset in

Bank #03: -Unknown? (8B5)
@ 100BB2
0xC48 offset in

Bank #04: -Unknown? (8B6)
@ 100BCE
0xC54 offset in

Bank #05: Bullet Tracer? (850)
@ 100BE2
0xC60 offset in

Bank #06: Laser Beam? (857)
@ 100BF6
0xC6C offset in

Bank #07: Laser Related? (856)
@ 100C0A
0xC78 offset in

Bank #08: 9mm Ammo Icon (8B7)
@ 100C1E
0xC84 offset in

Bank #09: Rifle Ammo Icon (8B8)
@ 100C32
0xC90 offset in

Bank #0A: Shotgun Ammo Icon (877)
@ 100C46
0xC9C offset in

Bank #0B: Knife Ammo Icon (868)
@ 100C5A
0xCA8 offset in

Bank #0C: Grenade Round Ammo Icon (875)
@ 100C6E
0xCB4 offset in

Bank #0D: Rocket Ammo Icon (871)
@ 100C82
0xCC0 offset in

Bank #0E: -Mine Ammo Icon? (872)
@ 100C96
0xCCC offset in

Bank #0F: Hand Grenade Ammo Icon (873)
@ 100CAA
0xCD8 offset in

Bank #10: Magnum Ammo Icon (874)
@ 100CBE
0xCE4 offset in

Bank #11: Golden Ammo Icon (8B9)
@ 100CD2
0xCF0 offset in

Bank #12: Remote Mine Ammo Icon (8BA)
@ 100CE6
0xCFC offset in

Bank #13: Timed Mine Ammo Icon (8BE)
@ 100CFA
0xD08 offset in

Bank #14: Proximity Mine Ammo Icon (8BB)
@ 100D0E
0xD14 offset in

Bank #15: Tank Round Ammo Icon (9A0)
@ 100D22
0xD20 offset in

Bank #16: Crosshair Image (8BC)
@ 100D36
0xD2C offset in

Bank #17: Beta Crosshair Image (8BD)
@ 100D4A
0xD38 offset in

Bank #18: -Unknown - Glass Overlay? (292 & 28E)
@ 100D5E
0xD44 offset in

Bank #19: Monitor Images (start image 88B)
@ 100D72
0xD5C offset in

Bank #1A: Clouds & Water Images (start image 8B4)
@ 100D86
0xFB4 offset in

Bank #1B: Folder Images (start image 000)
@ 100D9A
0xFD8 offset in

Bank #1C: MP Radar Image (0C8)
@ 100DAE
0x1020 offset in

Bank #1D: MP Character Photos (start image A2A)
@ 100DC2
0x102C offset in
[uses groups of four as one portrait entry]

Bank #1E: MP Level Images (start image A20)
@ 100DD6
0x132C offset in

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I gave this a shot in 4.3 latest beta. It seemed to work on some quick tests, hopefully you caught all the banks that need adjustment.

It still does the extra add to align to 0x10. The issue was, if not doing that, the last offset was still 0x10 aligned, so it thought there was an extra one if you ended up on 4, for example, and it was garbage.

gc_artuso87
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This feature of adding more character portraits looks very useful for the upcoming mod TSWLM because we have a total of 42 regular characters (19 from the movie + 23 bonus from other Moore films) as we've extended the character select screen to 103.

I've seen the functions for this via Game Configuration > Fonts/Screens. Can you walk the steps on how to create these custom slots for this please?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent. I'll try to take a look at it soon.

You'll still only be able to use so many textures before corruption or crashing occurs, in regards to multi level pics and portraits. I'm not sure if the Editor currently lets users adjust the memory for it, but it is under level ID 5A. The default -mt is something like 646. You could try increasing it by increments of 20 as you test. GE had 16 portaits total, but 3 went unused. I wouldn't expect to squeeze in a large roster of unique character photos, but I don't know how much you could successfully milk out of the extra memory before encountering issues.

gc_artuso87
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Excellent. I'll try to take a look at it soon.

You'll still only be able to use so many textures before corruption or crashing occurs, in regards to multi level pics and portraits. I'm not sure if the Editor currently lets users adjust the memory for it, but it is under level ID 5A. The default -mt is something like 646. You could try increasing it by increments of 20 as you test. GE had 16 portaits total, but 3 went unused. I wouldn't expect to squeeze in a large roster of unique character photos, but I don't know how much you could successfully milk out of the extra memory before encountering issues.

Hey Wreck,

Thanks for replying. By the way, I've had a crack at it and also got help from CrashOveride from the N64vault discord channel and told me to increase the -mt value up to 200 (which makes it 846) on the current patch for TSWLM.

Now I've added further more profile pics on a test ROM and I'm getting further "fuzzy" images. Is it still recommended to keep increasing the -mt value?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So far, testing has gone well. I didn't get to see if my monitor change worked, but I'll be trying more with that stuff this weekend. But both multi level and portraits were good.

I imagine you could keep increasing the memory, but just be cautious. I'd hate for you to do a bunch of work adding in many new character portraits, and end up hitting a memory issue where something may end up overrunning into another thing. And while it may look "fine" at one point, if you start a level and exit it, it's possible some images won't be looking so good. At least, that is exactly what had happened to me with the Compilation Pack ROM, mostly with the multi levels (perhaps the last thing loaded in?).

gc_artuso87
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
So far, testing has gone well. I didn't get to see if my monitor change worked, but I'll be trying more with that stuff this weekend. But both multi level and portraits were good.

I imagine you could keep increasing the memory, but just be cautious. I'd hate for you to do a bunch of work adding in many new character portraits, and end up hitting a memory issue where something may end up overrunning into another thing. And while it may look "fine" at one point, if you start a level and exit it, it's possible some images won't be looking so good. At least, that is exactly what had happened to me with the Compilation Pack ROM, mostly with the multi levels (perhaps the last thing loaded in?).

Thanks for the advice. I have decided only to create custom profile portraits only for all regular TSWLM characters and bonus level characters. There are 13 custom custom portraits added so far in the ROM.

All other Moore bonus characters not in mission mode, civilians/enemy guards and devs will remain question mark.

I'll share you a spoiler's list of who is in the game
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZOI2ID6P3BcycBYEeAgu6DPqiU9cX5l517udU94e20g/htmlview

gc_artuso87
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another request if possible in the next beta, to add a delete button to remove a custom portrait slot and also add a delete entry via Image Editor to delete textures you no longer need. That way if anyone hits a memory issue, they can undo it as last resort.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
Page 57 of 108

Jump to: