ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I finally got a handle on this and updated beta. There were two issues:
1) When shifting was implemented to earlier, it was improperly adjusting future animations past the inject point from the original ROM data, not the shifted ROM data
2) When the animations were only a single value, through a number of keyframes, it was improperly reporting no keyframes on reload of ROM

It likely has been broken since shifting was coded. This probably warrants a full 4.3 install, once it is checked out. Let me know if beta is good now.

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That looks like it works, all camera animations display correctly now. Thanks!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know how / when this happens, but using the Footsteps patch (I had version 32) to make a challenge mod, it resulted in the gas releasing sound effect to play for a very short time when the sky fades to its alternate version in Egypt. I was curious what was causing this, and if there would be a way to change it. It doesn't hurt anything, but it sounds really weird when you hear it.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
It likely has been broken since shifting was coded. This probably warrants a full 4.3 install, once it is checked out. Let me know if beta is good now.

Haha wow sorry about that Embarassed

Wreck wrote:
I don't know how / when this happens, but using the Footsteps patch (I had version 32) to make a challenge mod, it resulted in the gas releasing sound effect to play for a very short time when the sky fades to its alternate version in Egypt

Weird, it doesn't trigger the gas sfx on CEN64/1964. This is the block I tested with https://files.catbox.moe/emrczu.png

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Check out this spot in Graslu's stream of a challenge mod I sent him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl-ceRjklFU&feature=youtu.be&t=9296

I didn't make any edits to the rest of the level (aside from the Golden Gun and ammo box, which end up on the floor normally, and a pad using an incorrect stan tile link), and only added in my new action blocks. Once the sky transitions, you can hear the gas release sound effect. While it doesn't loop like in Facility, but it does play at least once.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have tested the default footsteps patch on console, the issue is not present - I am not aware why this would happen, could the editor have broke during round trip parsing? I know the golden gun and ammo pads lose their y position

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't want to hyjack this thread, but I've been unable to rename files in the game's filesystem.

Here's what I do:

I first rename the actual file using the option in Stage options

Then i export 21990 and edit all instances of the old name to the new one, then i save and reimport and save ROM.

However, the resulting rom is broken and if the file i edited is used the game will crash.

Am i perhaps doing it wrong?

EDIT: Never mind, redid it with hex editor and it worked fine

Last edited by CrashOveride on Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it's just because the Editor reorganizes everything in a setup on export. Things that are stacked are supposed to come after the object it sits on, but in certain cases they end up being placed after, which cause them to appear on the floor. It's usually an easy enough fix.

I did actually notice something once before, where the gas/fade controls under Stage Options seemed to break the function when I played with them. Maybe there is something going on there.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I want to add an uncompressed file to a GE ROM, what is the easiest method?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For file table, start it with bg/ and I think editor doesn't compress? Something like that. Otherwise compresses.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks it worked perfectly. This should be easy enough for users to add their own framebuffer overlay images

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried for myself, I first had to make a new file with the bg/ filename, but it was still compressed, as such I had to save the resulting ROM, and open that ROM.

Then I was able to inject a file and it be uncompressed.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ack you're right. It's fixed, now adding bg/ will yield an uncompressed file.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a request. I don't know how much use it might be overall, but I had wanted to see if there could be a "Generate List of Background Textures" option, which would write all used image ID's to a .txt file. It would be useful for both the texture replacement option, and for determining which textures are used in a custom ROM from Project Mode. Trying to go through them room by room is quite time consuming. Unless there is already something like this that I haven't come across?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Image Editor can do Filter to Visual Loaded. What was the sort of conceived use of this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 71 of 107

Jump to: