ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Line 385...

Offset 2 should be FFFFFFFF (-1)

It is supposed to refer to the 2B Safe Body object, just as the second 2C type does (which is -2, as it comes after the first 2C entry). In your list, it seems the safe body and door are both referring to the same object in file?

Also, is one referring to the first door object, while the other to the last?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible someone manually edited that offset? The editor seems to set it to 2B...and assume it's that type object in object editor. It never updates that type, but it was read in as 1 type...so it kept referring to 1/0 instead of 2B/0. If you manually fix it, the editor should be fine from that point forward. I will fix the editor in next beta to force a 2B if you change combobox, but it seems like someone mucked manually.

Last edited by SubDrag on Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
SubDrag wrote:
Did you install directx? I did not see that in your list.

No, but everything else (PC games, emulators, etc) works fine on the PC, including v4.2 of the editor, so I didn't think I would need to. I will install it now.

I've Installed that DirectX distributable, and there's no change. When I run runwaysetupeditor.exe it just shows up in the processes page of the task manager (but never in the applications page), and otherwise there's no sign of it running at all, even if I try to run the program say four times (in which case I get four instances of runwaysetupeditor.exe listed in the processes page of task manager, but none listed in the applications page).

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Download Dependency Walker and tell us if there are any errors.
There should only be 2 files missing, RUNWAYSETUPEDITORENU.dll and RUNWAYSETUPEDITORLOC.dll

Trev

Walker usage, extract zip, open depends.exe, file>Open find runwaysetupeditor
then finally Profile > Start Profiling

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
Download Dependency Walker and tell us if there are any errors.
There should only be 2 files missing, RUNWAYSETUPEDITORENU.dll and RUNWAYSETUPEDITORLOC.dll

Trev

Walker usage, extract zip, open depends.exe, file>Open find runwaysetupeditor
then finally Profile > Start Profiling

OK, I have saved and zipped up the results, download the zip file from here:

https://mega.nz/file/3J00kATA#q-gTGByYHCr85sMKDmtDs3nIacclTfJXr9A5elpjcWQ

(BTW, didn't this forum used to have an upload attachment feature?)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Manual edit? I highly doubt it. I can ask Zka, but I am pretty sure he would not have done anything to the file outside the GE Editor. I'll just have to keep an eye out on other missions, for any I personally make or edit for others. Hopefully your new update will help prevent this strange circumstance from happening again.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Manual edit? I highly doubt it. I can ask Zka, but I am pretty sure he would not have done anything to the file outside the GE Editor. I'll just have to keep an eye out on other missions, for any I personally make or edit for others. Hopefully your new update will help prevent this strange circumstance from happening again.

If it happens from scratch again let me know. Now you can toggle 2B combo box to reset but I don't know how it happened.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So, its to do with the skinframework as it fails on IsThemeActive or GetCurrentTheme

However, in DW these are not shown as errors so I think PG is already exiting at this point due to an error earlier with GetSystemTimePreciseAsFileTime (a missing Kernel32 function called by MSVCP140

Also, InitializeCriticalSectionEx is called a few times will an error from API-MS-WIN-CORE-SYNCH-L1-2-0
Since you have already reinstalled VCRuntime I cannot suggest anything else right now except... reinstall windows...

Trev

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you on Win7? Microsoft may have broken redistributable compatibility with latest vs updates.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
So, its to do with the skinframework as it fails on IsThemeActive or GetCurrentTheme

However, in DW these are not shown as errors so I think PG is already exiting at this point due to an error earlier with GetSystemTimePreciseAsFileTime (a missing Kernel32 function called by MSVCP140

Also, InitializeCriticalSectionEx is called a few times will an error from API-MS-WIN-CORE-SYNCH-L1-2-0
Since you have already reinstalled VCRuntime I cannot suggest anything else right now except... reinstall windows...

Trev

No, not at the moment, anyway. Not whilst everything else (AFAIK) is working properly.

SubDrag wrote:
Are you on Win7? Microsoft may have broken redistributable compatibility with latest vs updates.

Yes, Windows 7. Maybe an official update has done this, it's a good thought, though very annoying. If anything further occurs to you or Trevor or anyone, short of nuking Windows, then please let me know.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did a clean install in a fresh windows and I installed PG and ran it - it obviously complained about missing DX and VC, So I installed DX9c and VC 2019 then ran again and all was good.
So... Still not sure why its failing for you...

You have win7 64bit, but what are you PC Specs?

Trev

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
I did a clean install in a fresh windows and I installed PG and ran it - it obviously complained about missing DX and VC, So I installed DX9c and VC 2019 then ran again and all was good.
So... Still not sure why its failing for you...

You have win7 64bit, but what are you PC Specs?

Trev

This PC is ancient, it's a AMD Athlon II X2 250, the motherboard is a ASRock N68C-S UCC (CPUSocket), with a 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS, and 8GB of system RAM.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a useful request regarding enemy weapons. You can currently choose to add a right gun or a left gun for a character. When you give them weapons in each hand, it's fine for them. However, the player cannot pick them both up and use them together. As of now, the user has to go into the Edit Objects menu, find those weapons, and click the "Weapon Paired For Player" box. Would it be possible to have a way to add this flag inside of Visual? Perhaps an option when you right-click on that character. "Pair Weapon for Player" or something? I'd say to do it automatically, but there are some cases - such as Ourumov in Silo - where one thing they hold may not be a weapon. There are many times where this is overlooked in missions, especially by newer users.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of weapons, would it be possible to add a sixth weapon to the Warehouse multiplayer level? I mean so that an otherwise clean, unaltered Perfect Dark rom would now have the option to include a sixth weapon just like all of the other multiplayer levels already do. Maybe in the vents, as that's where Rare was rumoured to have been intending to place it, if I remember correctly.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I have a useful request regarding enemy weapons. You can currently choose to add a right gun or a left gun for a character. When you give them weapons in each hand, it's fine for them. However, the player cannot pick them both up and use them together. As of now, the user has to go into the Edit Objects menu, find those weapons, and click the "Weapon Paired For Player" box. Would it be possible to have a way to add this flag inside of Visual? Perhaps an option when you right-click on that character. "Pair Weapon for Player" or something? I'd say to do it automatically, but there are some cases - such as Ourumov in Silo - where one thing they hold may not be a weapon. There are many times where this is overlooked in missions, especially by newer users.

I didn't even really know about that flag. I added it, and PD it is added but only if the guns match (otherwise it's weird and triggers doubles). At least it seemed like it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 79 of 107

Jump to: