ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Flargee has asked me to request if it would be possible for the editor to have the option of exporting as ASCII or binary FBX files. Thanks.

If you set it in your obj2an8, running it individually from the one the editor uses, then close it, it should save your preferences, for the next run of editor, from that point forward. Or are you really toggling often between versions/ascii/binary? I'd have to add extra logic in a bunch of places to make it allow to choose in the chooser and then based on that, different obj2an8 preferences.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Flargee says thanks and are glad to know about the stored settings for obj2an8.

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am having some trouble with importing custom objects into Perfect Dark. When I import the model (with "if already added textures"), it doesn't import the textures correctly and just switches to a default texture. All the model's textures are vanilla textures. Also, the editor freezes for quite a few seconds regularly when I'm in the model editor.

Here's the model if you're interested: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BSQZhpWPn57TdQyaxHnGtTVJN0Oa8YAO/view?usp=sharing

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uufje wrote:
I am having some trouble with importing custom objects into Perfect Dark. When I import the model (with "if already added textures"), it doesn't import the textures correctly and just switches to a default texture. All the model's textures are vanilla textures. Also, the editor freezes for quite a few seconds regularly when I'm in the model editor.

Here's the model if you're interested: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BSQZhpWPn57TdQyaxHnGtTVJN0Oa8YAO/view?usp=sharing

Can't speak to freezing, but your model, must be done wrong as when I look at it it only shows application of texture tempImgEd09FE when converting to obj, and fbx seems sort of untextured. It's just off whatever way you have applied textures or exported.

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, it seems the editor imports everything by the material name, not the texture name itself. When importing level geometry, all the texture names are imported from the texture names themselves. When I change the material names to the proper names of the textures, it imports the prop correctly.

Also, it doesn't really seem to be freezing, but the model editor window being unresponsive until you minimize/click on another window. When you then return to the model editor, it works normally again.

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A request I have is to implement this text file I made for Perfect Dark's animations.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1908EYt8dUkEbUMh1F7hL3Y9r85MUWeTs/view

Since I needed to know all of them myself, I've named all the animations used for Perfect Dark's Cutscenes along with a few miscellaneous ones. I did my best to use the same style of naming.
Besides one Carrington Institute Jumpship animation (040D) and various Crate animations, all animations have names now with only a few Guard & Skedar animations being guesses. A few were renamed to be more accurate.

I've also renamed a good chunk of the Prerecorded Fx (Camera) Animations to be more consistent as well as include "Part #" & "Start" when there's more than one part.

This currently works in the Editor with the "Use Animation Name Overrides File" feature but it'd be more convenient to have the actual list updated.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks should be updated.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While setting up watch colours for The Spy Who Loved Me 64, and The Living Daylights 64, I ended up testing more of the options currently in the Editor. I noticed some seemed to be mislabeled, and others didn't have any info other than the original RGBA values. I came up with this list, which hopefully can be set up for an upcoming release...

Green Color = Main Text
Highlighed Color = Highlighted Text
Selected Color = Selected Text
Greyed Out Color = Disabled Option
003000B0 = (I was unable to see where this affected?)
00AA00B0 = Controls/Inventory

Selected Watch Tab = Unselected Watch Tab
Under "Selected Watch Tab" = Volume Slider 1
Music Bars = Volume Slider 2
Inventory Highlight Color = Inventory Highlight
Unselected Watch Tab = Current Watch Tab
Under "Unselected Watch Tabs" = Watch Tab in Use

Interestingly, there is still a green line that rolls up the screen when the static appears. I guess that was never found, or if it was, was not added to the Editor? I know the main watch background colours and volume sliders (filled, not empty) are setup in an uneasy way to edit, by comparison. I think GF64 even disabled the static completely, which prevents this from happening, anyway.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The green line unfortunately is another one of those that is not that easy to modify without adjustment.

7F0A693C (ROM DB46C) A0 Green color for Line in Static. It only is written to the green components...the R/B are set to zero register. It can be changed by asm mods though to adjust what color, or add back other components. It's writes it to the spots below that load.

I can make those name changes.

Disable static:
DB84C: 10000003

Disable green overlay:
DC088: 3C060000
DC08C: 34C60000

DC0E8: 3C060000
DC0EC: 34C60000

Yeah a couple sliders were the same way, well actually worse, kind of a variable adjustment, but only green component...if you need them I can try and remember...what was what, it was custom ASM to adjust.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll take a look at those. I think I have that disable static change in my notes. I can also modify the volume sliders and main background colours, too (from ROM info you sent once before). They aren't exactly easy to get where you want them colour-wise, but I got them to acceptable tones after some testing.

Edit: Looks like you missed this one...
00AA00B0 = Controls/Inventory

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I ran into the "too many textures" freeze after messing around with what guards appear in one of Perfect Dark's levels.
Since I ran into this issue before with GoldenEye, I went to the Level Allocations to increase the Texture Limit for the level but noticed something strange:

Perfect Dark's Level Allocations are missing the "-mt" part of the string so currently there isn't a way to mess with the Texture Limit for a level since the other parts don't affect that.
Some of the Allocations also have a new part called "-mgfxtra" which I don't know what that changes but it isn't the Texture Limit.

Does this mean that Perfect Dark's Levels have a hardcoded Texture Limit or is it possible that the "-mt" is located somewhere different & was simply overlooked? Or maybe the Texture Limit for Guards & Objects is handled separately in some other part of the rom?

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

StupidMarioBros1Fan wrote:
I ran into the "too many textures" freeze after messing around with what guards appear in one of Perfect Dark's levels.
Since I ran into this issue before with GoldenEye, I went to the Level Allocations to increase the Texture Limit for the level but noticed something strange:

Perfect Dark's Level Allocations are missing the "-mt" part of the string so currently there isn't a way to mess with the Texture Limit for a level since the other parts don't affect that.
Some of the Allocations also have a new part called "-mgfxtra" which I don't know what that changes but it isn't the Texture Limit.

Does this mean that Perfect Dark's Levels have a hardcoded Texture Limit or is it possible that the "-mt" is located somewhere different & was simply overlooked? Or maybe the Texture Limit for Guards & Objects is handled separately in some other part of the rom?

My immediate recollection is that texture space in PD is allocated automatically, so you would reduce the other stuff to make room for textures. That's what l remember someone saying.

I'm also going to assume you're working with the vanilla levels, so I'll provide some of the model limits I found. It's not all of the maps since it was something l was doing just to goof around. But, it gives an idea of the vanilla limits on guard bodies.
In general, what I did was erase all guards, guns, and most action blocks, then place new guards with a new body starting from the 00 tuxedos until I hit an error. Then, I would trim the guards to allow a co-op simulant to spawn, and confirm what error I was left with. The "new model load" means the game crashed when a guard pulled out a backup pistol.
Code:
Texture Errors and/or Model Loading Crashes at:
Defection/Extraction:   0F guards, plus unique Jo cuff (no cars, yes copter, new screens, texture errors)
Investigation:         11 guards, plus unique Jo cuff (same objects, no texture errors, but instant crash at new model load)
Villa:               10 guards, plus unique Jo cuff (same objects, one new screen)
Chicago:            13 guards, plus unique Jo cuff (same objects, instant crash at model load)
G5 Building:         15 guards, plus unique Jo cuff (same objects minus door decoder, instant crash at model load)
Area 51:            0D guards, plus unique Jo cuff (same objects, instant crash at model load, tested on escape)
Air Base:            12 guards, unique cuff (same objects, instant crash at crossbow bolt from all-guns)
Air Force One:         10 guards, unique cuff (same objects, instant crash at model load)
Crash Site:            13 guards, unique cuff (same objects, instant crash with all-guns)
Pelagic II:            11 guards, unique cuff (slightly less objects, no texture errors, but instant crash at any object load)

I don't know to what extent this can help you, but I think it can at least give an idea of what some of the vanilla limits are, and thus what allocations to try reducing.

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting, also yes I'm using the original levels. This should help with getting an idea of what the limits are.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the textures just use whatever is left? And unlike GE crash if too much.

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've a suggestion for the editor.

Under the clipping menu have a "set default sound" option for all of the clipping, and this would set the sound to any undefined clipping.

I ask this as I find myself with sections that are largely the same material throughout punctuated only by occasional sections with a different material, and it would be a good bulk tool for the first refinement parts of a level.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 87 of 107

Jump to: