ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a button (control-E)? that shows unassigned sounds for PD.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While in Game Configuration/Stage options Tab.
I inserted a new file "Ump_setupsevbunkerZ"
This gives Bunker 1 a multiplayer setup and it works but I am unable to edited it by clicking the "Edit Multi Level in Visual" button because it is inactive as Bunker 1 normally doesn't have a multiplayer setup, would it be possible for these buttons to become active if a multiplayer setup is detected. I suppose it would be good in reverse too, having Temple for instance allowing to "Edit Solo Level in Visual" if you have inserted a Single player Setup file. Thanx
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Right, I also just noticed this, but the other way around. Complex now having a "UsetuprefZ" file for a mission, which you are unable to Edit Solo in Visual for. My workaround was to inject the same file to mutiplayer, and use that to get into Visual.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's true. But unfortunately when it does it edit, it uses the original levels in the file open/new, which doesn't include anything that is made from scratch and doesn't exist.

Morrigan Aensland-Hill
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know, if GoldenEye 64 had flashbang grenades that if you gazed at it after you've thrown it and explodes, a white screen will appear and you hear a loud ringing noise rendering you blind and deaf for a few seconds, then it will be a good opportunity to add those flashbang functions in the Setup Editor.

Why i'm suggesting this you may ask? I saw that happen before in one of the missions in the GoldenEye Tower Project. Don't you remember?

...Also, my husband sells propane and propane accessories.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Morrigan Aensland-Hill wrote:
You know, if GoldenEye 64 had flashbang grenades that if you gazed at it after you've thrown it and explodes, a white screen will appear and you hear a loud ringing noise rendering you blind and deaf for a few seconds, then it will be a good opportunity to add those flashbang functions in the Setup Editor.

Feature? That is already possible in GoldenEye.

Morrigan Aensland-Hill
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Feature? That is already possible in GoldenEye.

It was either Coockie or Flargee who invented that feature. I suggest that the enemy guards need custom animations that shows them that they are blinded and deafened by flashbangs giving the player to drop them while they're stunned.

Also, I wish that the 007: The World Is Not Enough N64 Setup Editor has been created so us players can hack and modify the TWINE 64 roms the same way we did with the GE64 roms. I think TWINE 64 needs some more love and also, the multiplayer mode is fantastic!

...Also, my husband sells propane and propane accessories.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just found a bug.
Go to GoldenEye Editor / Game configuration / Multiplayer tab.
Under Weapon Sets, select Throwing Knives then press the "UP" button to move its slot.
You will now find that the amount of Weapon Sets have doubled and the character roster has completely disappeared?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00action wrote:
Just found a bug.
Go to GoldenEye Editor / Game configuration / Multiplayer tab.
Under Weapon Sets, select Throwing Knives then press the "UP" button to move its slot.
You will now find that the amount of Weapon Sets have doubled and the character roster has completely disappeared?

You're right. Been there forever probably. I fixed it, was clearing wrong one.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seems to be working great now. thanks

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A request from me: when importing "clipping" files (obj/fbx), is it possible to let it recognize collision types, like floor, wall, ladder? It's currently able to import footstep sounds by reading the material names, but it would be nice to have it recognize wall tiles in PD manually. Right now, it depends on the height of the tile when it decides to make it either a floor or wall tile, and that can cause problems with the round trip, where it erroneously converts small wall tiles back into floor tiles.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uufje wrote:
A request from me: when importing "clipping" files (obj/fbx), is it possible to let it recognize collision types, like floor, wall, ladder? It's currently able to import footstep sounds by reading the material names, but it would be nice to have it recognize wall tiles in PD manually. Right now, it depends on the height of the tile when it decides to make it either a floor or wall tile, and that can cause problems with the round trip, where it erroneously converts small wall tiles back into floor tiles.

It supports that.

"Underwater"
{
climb = 0x02;
}
"Crouch"
{
climb = 0x08;
}
"Duck"
{
climb = 0x10;
}
"KillPlayer"
{
climb = 0x40;
}
"AILadder"
{
climb = 0x80;
}
else
{
climb = 0x00;
}

"Railing"
{
tileType = 0x04;
}
"TransparentFloor"
{
tileType = 0x03;
}
"AISightBarrier"
{
tileType = 0x18;
}
"TransparentLadder"
{
tileType = 0x44;
}
"SolidLadder"
{
tileType = 0x5C;
}
else
{
tileType = 0x00;
}

Also can set sound by
SFX%02X

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It exports the sound effects, though it doesn't export whether it's a wall tile or floor tile, so that data gets lost. When i modify the fbx and reimport it back into the editor, it doesn't see them properly as wall/floor tiles anymore.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uufje wrote:
It exports the sound effects, though it doesn't export whether it's a wall tile or floor tile, so that data gets lost. When i modify the fbx and reimport it back into the editor, it doesn't see them properly as wall/floor tiles anymore.

Maybe it uses the angle to determine wall or floor? I exported and imported Chicago walls and it seemed to still have floor and wall.

PD is not lossless round trip clipping (well neither is GoldenEye). It loses a lot of the special combos...just handles a couple types, really more for new imports than export/reimport.

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It uses height to determine the type. If it's a short vertical tile, it makes it a floor. If it's a tall vertical tile, it makes it a wall. I usually use Maya to edit my tiles, since it's a bit bothersome to convert every tile in the editor (and converting the entire room makes even the ceilings a tile, which is not what I want).

Maybe add two more checks in the code you posted below: one for "Wall" and one for "Floor"? That would help me out a lot!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 88 of 107

Jump to: