ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The matrix for your model is invalid, open the model and go to matrix mode, and set all triangles to matrix 0 (red).

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have no idea what a matrix is, but I made them all red and it worked Very HappyD

Thanks a lot, that was quite the nightmare.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to be allow to enable Embedded Mipmaps for RLE compressed images? The multiplayer ? portrait (presets 0A7A to 0A7D) seems to uses these settings but the editor locks me out if I select RLE.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Last edited by HackBond on Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Will6546
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very cool to know you guys! Thanks HB good week ahead here. Bummer, about being locked out that area on that. Program.

@ Carnivorous , I really like your funny trippy Avitar 😅😎

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HackBond wrote:
Is it possible to be allow to enable Embedded Mipmaps for RLE compressed images? The multiplayer ? portrait (presets 0A7A to 0A7D) seems to uses these settings but the editor locks me out if I select RLE.

Just replace it by double clicking and should offer you the choice?

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
HackBond wrote:

Just replace it by double clicking and should offer you the choice?

I do, and if I select RLE as the compression it blanks out the Embedded Mipmaps toggle. The editor is auto-selecting Huffman Pre-Processed when I use the auto-select, which causes artifacts on the multiplayer ? portrait specifically.

The rest of the mp portraits use Huffman, I don't know why the ? is different.

Edit: some images

I cannot enable mipmaps for RLE images (bottom left) despite this one having it enabled in the original ROM. (top left)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You don't need to use RLE. Just change to another compression in that dialog.

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
You don't need to use RLE. Just change to another compression in that dialog.

Alright, I'll chalk the issue up to something else then. I thought it would be nice to try and be 1 to 1 with the original ROM. Thanks.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hope this message finds you all well!

So I've stumbled across what I'd guess is actually a good suggestion as it's something that I've been running into a bit.

Could you make it so that advanced options for the texture settings remembers the state that the user selects? I guess I'm one of those guys who'd appreciate it always being open.

At present I've shifted Dark Noon from PD to GE as I've found that Perfect Dark is simply too difficult and time consuming to work with and I'd like to actually finish this project. I've been using a lot of 64x64 textures with no mipmap levels, but whenever a model or background is imported the materials aren't always setup correctly in the editor. Would it be possible to resolve this by adding a "nomips" tag or similar so we could just code them as such, as I expect that having the editor check on import would be a nightmare of a task.

Also: Having finally got well into model editing I've got to say that the way you've setup handing the object nodes is brilliant, and it's something that I wish more programs used - in fact I used its flexibility in a discussion about improving our propriety software here at work a week or so ago too!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really understand what is meant by remembering the state? It just shows the current values. Can you provide an example?

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry - I really should write things like this when I've had more sleep! What I mean is:

In the visual editor when you open up the texture settings dialogue to have the editor remember if you select/deselect the "advanced options" checkbox, but that's really a "nice to have".

I'd still make use of a "nomips" texture flag too Wink

ShoHidari
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a way to export levels as .obj files?

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ShoHidari wrote:
Is there a way to export levels as .obj files?

Yes there is, change your "mode" to Edit Room Positions and right click anywhere in the level, and Export Full Level as .obj and Export Full Level Scaled as .obj should be in that list.

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Using the UP/DN buttons to cycle through SFX in the Sound/Music tab of Game Configuration does not update any of the ADSR values, and if you do cycle using UP/DN and then select another sound through the dropdown, the sound/values appear to desync by 0x01 sound ID.

Steps to recreate

Open a GE rom in Game Config and go to Sound/Music
Change a value for the Rocket firing (I changed decay time from E3FC6 to E3FC5)
Click DN a few times (I did it until 000A)
Use drop down and go back to Rocket firing
Values are now completely different (it is using the next IDs (0001 Glass Shatter) original values)

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HackBond wrote:
Values are now completely different (it is using the next IDs (0001 Glass Shatter) original values)

Isn't that because those UP/DN buttons are intended for moving the current sound to a different entry? I remember clicking that on accident once and being confused by the sounds being jumbled around. (Though, I think a copy-paste function would be easier to manage)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 93 of 107

Jump to: