ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
punk7890
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, sorry to be such a burden Sub. I think I found something else.

When ever I set a intro weapon other then slot 1 (PD), it never loads it. I've set Left hand to Nothing and the set stays at 00. The game never reads it for some reason

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You want to set it to "No Weapon" at the bottom of combobox for left weapon. 00 Nothing seems to make it not be in your inventory. The latest beta does default that though, so it would work normally on adds.

punk7890
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah. OK. Thanks again!

punk7890
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh no! I can't run the editor anymore on Win 8.1. It says its not compatible with my version of Windows after updating to the latest beta! I try running runwaysetupeditor.exe and I get that.

EDIT: Never mind. Sorry! I guess the first download got corrupted. I just re-grabbed it and it works fine.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Facility setup tables not updating when modding? Reply with quote Back to top

Okay so I think I may have found a bug Subbie. It seems that I may have actually MAXED OUT the tables in my Multiplayer Extended mod Laughing
Apparently quick injecting facility's SOLO or MULTI setup with a modded file seems to have no effect at all and the game simply loads its default multiplayer settings. The only way I can think of getting around this is to change facilities setup to a solo multi and adjust bg files , clipping, etc. I couldn't get facility to load using DEPOT but I imagine that was a poor choice considering it's so glitchy. Multi X

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What?
MP setup lookup is based on filenames. The bg and clipping is shared between solo and multi stages with the same name. There is no adjustment involved.
MP stages must use the solo setup name appended with "mp_". The game physically appends "mp_" just after the first char of the solo setup name, so you can't get around that without resorting to hacking.

For a given stage LVL:
UsetupLVLZ would be solo,
Ump_setupLVLZ would be MP

Even if there is no solo stage, there must be a solo stage name present in order to have an MP setup.

In fact, if you manually hack the list to use stupid names like:
MY_AWESOME_SETUP_LVL
the mp stage would have to be named:
Mmp_Y_AWESOME_SETUP_LVL

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've not had any issues, just did a test of multi, and I know solo works. You'll have to provide more information, as well, as if you can test your level on a normal ROM (does it save ok?), and injecting manually in 21990.

punk7890
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just noticed in PD editor that you cant change the return value of command 005E.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's fixed in beta, thanks, was greying out wrong byte.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The ROM has been overwritten A LOT for this mod. IDK Laughing Subbie try my multiplayerx extended patch and try to move some spawns in facility and load it. It seems to keep force loading the default multi instead of my modded uncompressed binary Embarassed Laughing I am clueless as to what the controversy is Cool

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity wrote:
What?
MP setup lookup is based on filenames. The bg and clipping is shared between solo and multi stages with the same name. There is no adjustment involved.
MP stages must use the solo setup name appended with "mp_". The game physically appends "mp_" just after the first char of the solo setup name, so you can't get around that without resorting to hacking.

For a given stage LVL:
UsetupLVLZ would be solo,
Ump_setupLVLZ would be MP

Even if there is no solo stage, there must be a solo stage name present in order to have an MP setup.

In fact, if you manually hack the list to use stupid names like:
MY_AWESOME_SETUP_LVL
the mp stage would have to be named:
Mmp_Y_AWESOME_SETUP_LVL

I have tried EVERYTHING bud Sad It's silly because this is easier than making all of the solo's load in the multi menu. I think I seriously maxed out the injector because I inject facility as a modded SOLO setup or MULTI and it never changes where the players spawn and you end up in the vents. Laughing

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You've gotta be doing something incorrectly, MultiX. Either injecting the wrong setup file, or overwriting the incorrect setup in ROM. You can't max out the injector. That's just being goofy. So long as you're injecting the right file to the right spot, everything should be fine. The error won't be on the Editor's part.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
You've gotta be doing something incorrectly, MultiX. Either injecting the wrong setup file, or overwriting the incorrect setup in ROM. You can't max out the injector. That's just being goofy. So long as you're injecting the right file to the right spot, everything should be fine. The error won't be on the Editor's part.

K. I'm just not sure what the issue is. Maybe a windows update screwed up my editor installation and I need to reinstall it. May try that.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: New text error found on changing objects message Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmmmm I was dismayed while trying to change the *This door is locked text* to EXHIBIT COMING SOON. The level freezes when you try to use a locked door object. Capitals a NO NO? Laughing

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

BTW my brother you were 100% correct! I forgot the editor can quick inject mp setups as well as solo and I was just doing it *ss backwards Laughing Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 12 of 107

Jump to: