ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A locked door shouldn't be causing any trouble. It could be the message itself. If it has or doesn't have an asterisk (*) at the end of it, that could be an issue. Also, you can use a 25 Rename object type to give your door a special line of text. Just check out the doors leading back into the Facility from the Runway to easily do the same.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: New text error found on changing objects message Reply with quote Back to top

MultiplayerX wrote:
Hmmmmmm I was dismayed while trying to change the *This door is locked text* to EXHIBIT COMING SOON. The level freezes when you try to use a locked door object. Capitals a NO NO? Laughing

That happened to me too when I was doing the Spanish translation and I don't remember how I fixed it. I can't find any reference in my thread either, mmmh.

I probably redid that file from scratch. I don't remember which one has that text. Have you changed a lot of text in that file? Perhaps it's got too big. And be sure you add the "*"at the end as Wreck said.
About the possibility of capital letters being responsible, I don't think they are. But the game already uses capital letters for that text (although not that big) even if you don't use them, so you can try with lowercase and see how it works.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All level text digits needs to be in the same bank as your level, that can cause crashing, if it's for another level.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
A locked door shouldn't be causing any trouble. It could be the message itself. If it has or doesn't have an asterisk (*) at the end of it, that could be an issue. Also, you can use a 25 Rename object type to give your door a special line of text. Just check out the doors leading back into the Facility from the Runway to easily do the same.

I 'll try this method. Man that's a good idea. This could be the key. Flags seem to change stability issues on many things so let's hope this does it. Thanks bro, So, and Sub! Back to work Laughing

radorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

not sure why I even post here again, but anyway.
last time I was involved with any of this, which was ages ago, the editor would generate 3 new vertices for each triangle instead of reusing (due to a bunch of technical reasons). No idea if that's still so or if it's seen as a problem at all, but I was reminded of it when I ran into this:

http://users.telenet.be/tfautre/softdev/tristripper/

seems to be pretty old, but, if I understand correctly, it's a library that tries to fuse adjacent vertices automatically.
you may want to take a look at it.

that's all. bye.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EDIT: Doh

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If anyone has any requests, please let me know, for V3. I noticed of the original post, forgot about, but almost everyone one there was done inadvertantly (well, more without referencing the list). Only a couple didn't make it.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

22) Move individual setup, pad, text, etc. files out of main program directory and into GEFiles and PDFiles subdirectories. This is so PD files don't need to be renamed (easier to drop in replacements or whatever). Makes the main directory cleaner, too, which is always nice.

Well... this is 75% complete with setups beinag able to be read from any directory, Rares BG and Stan Data being read from respective folders.
However Breifings and text are locked to root dir.

Project mode I think allows all these files to be re-loacated to a folder of choice, so fixing the text and briefing file locations to a new working dir (obviously you dont want to use the backup folders) means the root dir can be almost totally cleaned up leaving a bunch of text files like runwayRoomData.txt

I posted this in another thread but since suggestions has been resurected Ill repeat here.
What would be nice for editor is a Quad(PD), Tri, Vtx, GBI(Total), GBI(Excluding Tri Data) counters in Advanced section.

Trev

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You mean a way to tell you how big all your displaylists are? Separated by a couple components to give you an idea of how big they are? That seems doable.

The separation of files is a bit harder but I'll think about it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you mean to give PD files back their original names (instead of being like LwarE or UsetupchicagoZ), I'm not sure I personally like that. I can remember all (or nearly all) of the proper names of the GoldenEye files, but there's no way I could remember them all for PD - especially since most levels reused the same names from GE. I'd constantly have to refer back to the levels to see what uses what. Even picking a map from visual would be confusing.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, if your refering to my suggestion, then no, I dont mean original names, I mean the DIR structure for editor.

Currently the working DIR is root and setups, text, breifings are all dumped there.

BG data and clipping are seperated into other dirs and setups and pads can be read from any folder, so the only last remaining locked files are the text and breifings.

Once they are moved into say GEBriefings and GETezxt, PDTExt etc the root DIR can be cleaned.

I had said about not using backups since as backups they should be seperate so that if you scre a setup up you dont have to re-download the editor or re-export from game.

Counters,
These should be in the advanced section since not everyone would really care for them but thye should list indavidually numbers of:
Triangles
Verticies
GBI Commands (Including Triangles - gDPDrawTriangle(xyz))
GBI Commands excluding Triangles (just things like, setothermode, SetPrimColor() etc)

hehe, if you really wanted you could add an effitiancy monitor dividing each number by optimal and if the remainder is less than half optimal then its in-efficiant but yeah... I think thats a bit too far hahaha.

Trev

Trev

Lavender Moon
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Image Tools feature crashes if you have a byteflipped ROM. It gives an "Not 1172/1173/1F8B0800 Compressed" error, rather than a "ROM must be unflipped" error. Unbyteflipping the ROM fixes it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's wrong, thanks for the report. Fixed! It was off only in GoldenEye mode.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am not positive, but it seems the Editor is reporting the total polygon count incorrectly. When I count myself, there are 36 dec triangles. When I go to "Calculate Tri Counts", it is saying 36 hex (54 dec). Is it just saying the decimal amount first as the hex spot, then calculatung a new decimal amount afterwards by mistake?

Oh, and rotating doors with the green tool seems screwy, at least in PD mode. I had to convert them to standard types to rotate how I wanted, then convert back and update the pad data.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Works with CPU 64 bits???

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 13 of 107

Jump to: