ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You *can* warp in GoldenEye, but I believe the side effect (unless fixed since older tests were done) was that you'd lose any items you had picked up previously. I never tried it myself, so I don't know if you begin at the new location with only what you had at the start of the mission, or if you even keep your ammo count and additional weapons. But I think the keys and objective based items are stripped from your inventory. This may not directly affect your mission, depending on how the events are laid out. You could replace keys, by giving extra ones to the player after the successful transportation. But objective based could be more troublesome. Carefully designing it through action blocks might help, however.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, you're right about the warp, I'm more or less aware about that. But as you, not very sure about the details.
But still, you'll always get the same answer for me, I'm a real parrot when we start to compare those two games : Goldeneye is too dated and limited to me, no reload animations, no blood, gards disappearing immediately, no speach, bodies going through doors, disarming gards either with hands or by shooting weapons (that thing alone add lots of variety by creating sub-events each time you play) etc etc... don't make me start again on that, you already heard me more than necessary Laughing

Even just lack of reload animations kinda force you to add more gards than necessary, just because you can reload so fast (well ok, you can cheat a bit by switching weapons in PD instead of reloading, but I always play it in roleplaye mode, not really abusing of exploits like that).

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Warping is definitely possible. The ending of Q-Lab VR was only possible because of it - weapons and keys are all still in Bond's inventory after the warp. But Bond's rotation is fixed i.e. If he's facing north, he will be facing north after the warp.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting about rotation, but it makes sense. Even though each pad has a set rotation, players completely avoid that when respawning in multiplayer. Perfect Dark must have "fixed?" this, as players face the set direction each time they respawn. I prefer it that way, as you always know where you are when put back on the map. Otherwise you can be staring at a wall and takes you a moment to figure out your location.

OK, so your weapons and keys remain in your inventory? What about other pickups? I swear I remember reading that things would disappear from your watch after the warp. Unless that was old tests, and something changed since then? This may not be quite as broken as I first thought.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
OK, so your weapons and keys remain in your inventory? What about other pickups? I swear I remember reading that things would disappear from your watch after the warp. Unless that was old tests, and something changed since then? This may not be quite as broken as I first thought.

If I remember correctly I think that note on the action block refers to bond having to reequip his weapon on warp, not actually losing his items.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Possibly. That custom action block was released nearly nine years ago, so it wouldn't surprise me if what little memory of it I do have is a bit fuzzy. I just recall some chatter on here about it when it was originally being tested. Heck, I thought it was either BMW or Dragonsbrethren that created it, but turns out it was neither. I never did try it for myself.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thank you for implementing last request, i have another Smile

In GE anywhere you are editing a character both the Body and Head needs to have the full list of Bodys and Heads (00-4F) to select from, if you make a custom body you wish to add chances are you will replace one of bonds mission heads (4A-4C) as they are identical but currently you can not select a head under a body selection so you have to do it through a hex editor.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00action wrote:

In GE anywhere you are editing a character both the Body and Head needs to have the full list of Bodys and Heads (00-4F) to select from, if you make a custom body you wish to add chances are you will replace one of bonds mission heads (4A-4C) as they are identical but currently you can not select a head under a body selection so you have to do it through a hex editor.

Is there a specific spot you are referring to that is not working? It should in Project mode, automatically detect which are bodies and which are heads based on 21990 settings. Same for the other areas. It's not a fixed list anymore.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok so what i did was:

go to model details tab / Guard # - 004D CheadbrosnansowZ (head)
change the Guard Archetype to Character
untick Contains/Is Head
this should now be classed as a body but under Multiplayer Tab changing a character body, its not selectable.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I uploaded beta, and added it so if you do that, you have to write ROM, then reload it, but it should show in the right listing now (body in this case).

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

working great, going to be very helpful thanx.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you are getting an error about a missing ChartPro1730vc90.dll in the latest beta, grab it from here and put in main editor folder:
http://goldeneyevault.com/editor/ChartPro1730vc90.dll

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got an "invalid rom" error when trying to change the quick convert rom inside preference of Perfect Dark. I believe it comes from the fact that the rom has been extended to 40mo by the editor.

The rom is not invalid otherwise, can still add things on it and it still launch well. Think the size is the only issue that made the message display (and the new rom choice is not validated).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AL64inthedark wrote:
I got an "invalid rom" error when trying to change the quick convert rom inside preference of Perfect Dark. I believe it comes from the fact that the rom has been extended to 40mo by the editor.

The rom is not invalid otherwise, can still add things on it and it still launch well. Think the size is the only issue that made the message display (and the new rom choice is not validated).

Fixed in beta, missed that one spot for the size enhancement, thanks.
Make sure you download and include http://goldeneyevault.com/editor/ChartPro1730vc90.dll if you have not already so beta runs with new version.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if you're already aware of any possible hard coding to level ID 29 for Cradle. The map contains no portals or special visibility, yet all rooms display. In Johnny Thunders one mod, he had the Frigate swapped around into the Cradle ID. There were serious issues with lag, rooms not loading, strange textures displaying stretched out across the screen, and even crashing. No matter what I tried (memory, sky, setup, clipping, background), it would continue to have the same problems. As soon as I switched the IDs around, the level was fine. I am guessing there may be something special going on for ID 29?

Also, on another note, his sky block for Cradle had extremely high (I mean extremely) Far and Near Fog values. The result on console, at least, was really bizarre. It was like the viewing screen where you could see the geometry was only half that of the full screen. The resolution was screwed up, as well. It was fine once I lowered them down (30,000 and 25,000).

Edit: Just noticed this again when watching custom mission video. Do newly added cameras and drone guns use "Fall to Ground" on them? Because I see them dropping down to the floor when destroyed. Not sure if the Editor defaults that on or not. I think I have even seen alarms drop, as well. May want to toggle it off for those object types (05, 06, 0D).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 16 of 107

Jump to: