ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Go for it, help is appreciated.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Go for it, help is appreciated.

Cool. I'll just ask a little question now and, tomorrow, I'll fetch the latest INI files so I'm up to date and ready to start from there.

What I want to ask is about the "Leave the Routine" and "Terminate" descriptions. They're simply "iterate" and "terminate." While that's mostly fine for the latter, it's just too vague for the former. It's especially bad because "Leave the Routine" is vital for making a functional action block. After I listened to Mr. White Goose's interview with Dr. Doak, I gained a much clearer understanding of what it means to leave the routine and iterate.

So, I plan on expanding those a bit to be less vague. Unless you have a special attachment to those short descriptions?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm used to that syntax, but I guess I'll see what you come up with.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mister Subdrag, I have just e-mailed actions.ini in a zip file to your Goldeneyevault address. It took a little longer than I thought, but I can get to work on PD now. I tested a lot of the actions to be sure of things, so I have some stuff to report that go beyond the INI file.

Here's what I'd like to bring up:

Like we discussed, I made some changes to 03, 04, and 05 to make things more clear for the end user.

I fleshed out 18 & 19's X values.

1B isn't set up at all in the Action Block Editor. It needs prop model, gun ID, and return value.

2C's title in the editor renders the numbers as a Preset when it should be a Guard ID and return value.
2D's title is fine, but should render as a Guard ID.
2E's title isn't set up as a coloured return value.

49 & 4A test Bond's CCW rotation, not distance. Here's what I wrote in the INI for quick knowledge:
Code:
49.XX.RR If guard is within X degrees of Bond's counter-clockwise yaw rotation, return RR.
Examples:
80 = guard on Bond's left-side
40 = guard within Bond's 9:00 to 12:00 angles
FF = full rotation, always passes except for a tiny degree

61 (Kill Guard ID) didn't do anything for me in my testing environment.

BD & BE (Spawn & Respawn guard) always froze on my end, so I couldn't test flags. Is it because I used a 04XX block? I remember having similar issues in PD.

BE is also not set up in the editor. Missing guard body, head, guardID#, and action block.

F2 is called Match Selected Bond, but uses guard ID, and didn't pass when I matched his model?
It's also not set up as a coloured return value.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Please use the macro __DATE__ for the about page. Currently it shows Dec 9 2016. And I found a UI bug related to text, it shouldn't have guard ID show up.

Last edited by pavarini on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe Zoinkity told me F2 has to do with the character portrait on the menu dossier screen. It was going to modify the Bond model in the extra missions based off the portrait on the main menu.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Think updated with what you guys found, and __DATE__.

One note - I think 03 is better named Yield Action Block. That better matches programming terminology than Iterate.

It seems like there was some question on command 0x1B.
1B.XXXX.##.RR Drop weapon model [X] of inventory ID #, return RR if success.
Are you sure XXXX is prop?

I'm not sure about action 0x61, maybe it meant, mark guard id as killed?

Was F2 confirmed as folder Bond?

BE/BF you do need a valid action block, as the guard is assigned it (a 00XX or 04XX one).

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
It seems like there was some question on command 0x1B.
1B.XXXX.##.RR Drop weapon model [X] of inventory ID #, return RR if success.
Are you sure XXXX is prop?

For sure. I just now set a guard to drop knives with the KF7 model, and set up the block to repeat that until 1B fails to return. There were loads of rifles coming out of the guy's pockets and all of them picked up as knives. I'm confident those are the correct definitions.

SubDrag wrote:
I'm not sure about action 0x61, maybe it meant, mark guard id as killed?

That sounds like it'd belong in PD, not GE. Regardless, testing for that just now, the specific guard ID did not add to the end-game kill count, nor did he disappear when going a few rooms away and returning. His health was not affected by the command. He did count as a kill when shooting him dead, but that's normal.

SubDrag wrote:
Was F2 confirmed as folder Bond?

I wouldn't know how to check. Anyone else?

SubDrag wrote:
BE/BF you do need a valid action block, as the guard is assigned it (a 00XX or 04XX one).

You meant BD and BE, right? Anyway, I was indeed using an 04XX block on a guard, but once the check passed (line of sight), the game froze when it tried to spawn. Hm... Okay, okay, so BD didn't crash once I tried a preset inside a different room. The game just can't spawn a guard in a loaded room, I guess. BE is probably the same way, and is likely why there are three commands for checking if a guard is loaded. ... I'll see if I can figure the flags tomorrow, though what's already listed doesn't match up with the only other list of guard flags, and that worries me.

I guess I'm definitely gonna send a second actions.ini, but since working on PD's helped me catch some errors, I'll wait until both are ready.

Also, before I forget, can you make a search checkbox for case sensitivity? The search function would be ever-so easier to use if we could toggle case sensitivity.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One of Zoinkity's responses when I had trouble getting his Bond Menu patch to work on console:

"What it's doing is using a value written into the save file for each folder indicating which Bond was "selected" to be used with that folder. This same value is checked when the "selected Bond cuffs" are used in a stage, and would have changed the character model as well (though in final all entries are the same tux suit and head)."
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lazlo52 wrote:
You meant BD and BE, right? Anyway, I was indeed using an 04XX block on a guard, but once the check passed (line of sight), the game froze when it tried to spawn. Hm... Okay, okay, so BD didn't crash once I tried a preset inside a different room. The game just can't spawn a guard in a loaded room, I guess. BE is probably the same way, and is likely why there are three commands for checking if a guard is loaded. ... I'll see if I can figure the flags tomorrow, though what's already listed doesn't match up with the only other list of guard flags, and that worries me.

The command will fail if the player can see the preset used for the spawn location. Ensure your block is able to safely fail and try again (check alarm spawner by Dragonsbrethren).

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

connery as bond wrote:
One of Zoinkity's responses when I had trouble getting his Bond Menu patch to work on console:

"What it's doing is using a value written into the save file for each folder indicating which Bond was "selected" to be used with that folder. This same value is checked when the "selected Bond cuffs" are used in a stage, and would have changed the character model as well (though in final all entries are the same tux suit and head)."

I've messed around with F2, and this is what I've concluded:

Code:
F2.XX.RR Check current folder Bond, return RR if match.
Checks for a byte in the current save folder originally intended to set which Bond to play as.
In un-modified game, all folders use 00.
00 = Brosnan
01 = -
02 = -
03 = -

It always passed true when I used 00, no matter which folder or Bond cuff I used. Likewise, it was always false when using a different number. I assume it could be utilized in a patch where the byte Zoinkity spoke of is different for each folder.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would assume that bytes 01, 02, and 03 correspond with the portrait number for the multi select. I think Moore is 01, Dalton is 02 and Connery is 03. Those correspond with cuffs 05-08.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It reads 8002A8E8 @ 7F01D57C, but it appears to be set to always return 0.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be possible to have the "Edit Model" window size adjustable? even if it means using a scroll bar? the reason i ask is that the window dose not fit on my desktop and goes of the bottom of the screen so I'm unable to use any functions that are at the bottom (import/export Model Template etc.) thanx.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00action wrote:
Would it be possible to have the "Edit Model" window size adjustable? even if it means using a scroll bar? the reason i ask is that the window dose not fit on my desktop and goes of the bottom of the screen so I'm unable to use any functions that are at the bottom (import/export Model Template etc.) thanx.

I support this. It scales 2x on my PC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 22 of 107

Jump to: