ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Odd question with the naming of it, but does anyone know what the Unknown Float value does? I've swapped backgrounds and setups before and have never changed it.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Garabuyo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs Reply with quote Back to top

Hi and Merry Chrismas.

I have two possibles Requests for the GEE:

Is possible add a detector of errors in Clipping instead of visual checkings/try - error checks?

I ask it because it would be useful in large and complex levels.

Another possible app for GEE consits of checker (player) of clipping for detect errors or interfereces of the triangles without the build of other components like setup, portals, rooms etc.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

http://bf4stats.com:8601/ps4/Garabuyo

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did try and add clip detect of errors after GF64 - but it's hard.

Right click in clipping mode and Highlight Bad Clipping. It will show them as purple, if it can detect it (can't detect everything).

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As a progress report, I've found all the flags I can for the guard spawning—literally just the sunglasses options. It makes sense, really, since they're the only two that can't be set after spawn. For now, I'm back to work on PD, while comparing both INIs as a means of proofreading and finding a few more missing PD actions.

I'm coming up with a lot of non-INI stuff already, so I'll post a few things of note now:

For GoldenEye, I'm pretty sure command 08 is that "Guard Twitches" one. Last I checked, it was called aim at Bond, but don't fire.

From what I'm seeing, in the GE Object Editor, "Sunglasses 1" is always. "Sunglasses 2" is random. And speaking of, PD's "Random Sunglasses" is only flag 2; remove the 4.

A question: When you say "stores current guard to SP" and "plus stack," I gather that it's some kinda register, but do you know what uses that SP? If an action doesn't check for it, then what does use it? Specifically, what's the advantage to using "If Alarm Activated (Plus Stack)" over the other one?

And, in Visual Editor, path numbers are shown in decimal when most everywhere else uses hex.

I have more, but I want to double-check them and see if I have any more epiphanies. For now, back to work I go!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think edit model should have vertical scrollbars now.

I fixed the twitch name, and the sunglasses flags. But I don't see where path is not in hex, can you tell me where it's off?

The plus stack is from Zoinkity's original help files (which are still pretty awesome), and included in HelpFiles folder.

Action 36 - (Debug) Test if Alarm Active
If the alarm is currently active, proceed to label. Identical to type 37; use it instead.

Reference
36.rr
36 Action Type,
rr Return
Description
Tests to see if the alarm is currently active. If so, proceeds to label. The alarm can be activated either by an alarm object or a sound alarm command, and deactivated with a shut off alarm command.

However, this type unnecessarily stores the current actor address to the stack. Also, it was never utilized in the original release. New code should always use the following test if alarm active command instead.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I fixed the twitch name, and the sunglasses flags. But I don't see where path is not in hex, can you tell me where it's off?

It's in the Perfect Dark Visual Editor, when you primary click on a pad that's linked to a path. It's the white text that shows up on the bottom. Air Base, I think, has more than nine paths.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can confirm the scroll button works.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to be a pain but though the scrollbars on the Edit Model window works it doesn't seem to be working correctly, for me to reach the bottom of the page i have to scroll as far as i can (witch doesn't reach the bottom) then i have to readjust the the bottom of the window up so that the scrollbar moves up and then I'm able to scroll to the bottom of the screen also it seems to have messed up a few of the buttons on the right side above the model viewing window, there overlapping.

https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00action wrote:
Sorry to be a pain but though the scrollbars on the Edit Model window works it doesn't seem to be working correctly, for me to reach the bottom of the page i have to scroll as far as i can (witch doesn't reach the bottom) then i have to readjust the the bottom of the window up so that the scrollbar moves up and then I'm able to scroll to the bottom of the screen

I think that's just how it has to be, needing to resize the window. The overlapping buttons aren't good, though, that should be fixed. They're still overlapping in the latest version, too.

I also notice that dragging the scrollbar all the way down doesn't quite reach the very bottom. Clicking and holding the arrow allows it to, however. The whole third row of buttons can't be reached by dragging the bar.

And, I see you added a bar for horizontal scrolling in GE's version, but it doesn't function. It's fine for GE, but PD needs a horizontal bar for a 1024x768 screen. PD's Model Editor has some of the buttons on the right cut off, but my past experience says everything's still clickable, just not fully readable (especially whatever's next to Export Summary).

One last thing, it looks like you've updated the Visual Editor to default to a top-down view? I get where you're coming from, but could I request the old default view as a Preferences option? I may be a crow, but I don't like the bird's eye view.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you explain what you mean by defaulting to a top-down view? There should've been no change, it defaults to your start point.

I tried to cleanup the scrollbars. They only activate now once you resize but should behave a little better. Yeah moving and dragging for some reason can't get exactly the bottom, seems to be a limitation of these things, or maybe gets fudged in most applications at the bottom if close, to just set to bottom.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Can you explain what you mean by defaulting to a top-down view? There should've been no change, it defaults to your start point.

Eh? How peculiar... I didn't change any settings, but the second-latest beta's Visual Editor defaults to looking directly down at the starting pad. Before, the camera would face North. Hm... It's not happening anymore, I wonder what was going on?

Well, there are more important matters, anyway. For instance: In PD's Visual Editor, when right-clicking a pad for the context menu, the Rotate directions 'North' and 'South' are reversed. GE's looked correct, but North and South set the opposite directions in PD.

And, I'm coming up with a lot of stuff for PD's action blocks, but I don't want to overwhelm you. Here's just a few to start things off:

0007 is coloured like a return value, but it's not supposed to be.

0009 was correct, but changed. It's supposed to be "Guard Twitches." It looks like a few of your action names regressed at some point. Looks like only the first few, though?

001A's left-most Guard ID combobox is too long and gets in the way of the second Guard ID combobox.
And for some reason, 001A's left Guard ID combobox has a few duplicate entries in it. Meanwhile, the one on the right doesn't list all the F0 special IDs.

001C (drop weapon) isn't set up. Needs model prop, inventory ID, and a coloured return value.
(And I reiterate, I am very sure GE's equivalent (1B) starts with model prop. The term used in the editor is "Image")

001E should be renamed from "Jogs" to "Moves" because its control byte allows walk, jog, or run in that order.

0023 is, "If Guard Patrolling on Path, Return Value"

0027 should have a pad selection combobox.

Everything called "Hand-guarding head jog" or the like should be renamed to simply "jog." Whoever got those names were doing their tests on the Chicago stage ID.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good catch on the N/S in PD - it was the flags that were set backwards. Updated all the actions, thanks for the info. If I missed anything, let me know.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Good catch on the N/S in PD - it was the flags that were set backwards. Updated all the actions, thanks for the info. If I missed anything, let me know.

You only missed a couple things, it seems. 001C should be coloured like a return value, and you mixed up some of the movement names. 002B and 002F should be "Jog" instead of "Run" so they're differentiated from the faster speeds.

In other news, I have information on one of the special guard IDs. Guard ID [F1] appears to be the secondary player when "Player 1 and Player 2" is used to trigger something. Or, perhaps more specifically, when action 01B3 (Player 2 Can Activate) is used to apply a player to "Player 1 and Player 2."

As an example, if Velvet finishes a built-in level, she's set to F2 and does the cinematic anims, while Jo gets set to F1 and is hidden.
There are a lot of details I left out in that example, but that's what it boils down to. I've been able to confirm this with a small, repeatable action block that plays two distinct animations for the activator of the object and the player who didn't.

I'm not sure how to refer to F1, however. It can't be called "Inactive Player," because that would imply it's related to F6, which is wrong. Special F1 is like the placeholder ID for the player who doesn't get into F2.

Garabuyo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Scales Reply with quote Back to top

is possible add to Visual Editor an indicator of actual scale (Scenery scale and objects scale)?

Another method to see the Scale is going to 21990 Modifications or Game Configurations but I want to see it when I am making a project in Visual Editor.

I have problems with the scale when I combine Rooms (It is not a problem with the scale of obj or 3d editor).

I know the inverse scale in editor.

Regards

http://bf4stats.com:8601/ps4/Garabuyo

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I fixed 2B and 2F to Jog and made 1C Return Value Loop. Seems like maybe F2 needs a rename as well, once F1 is sorted? Not sure what to change them to though.

You can see current scale in Edit Presets.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 23 of 107

Jump to: