ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Coockie1173 had this exact issue recently too. His clipping when weird when he used control and he went out of level. I couldn't find any id hardcoded for Control. I couldn't figure out the issue. There's two more oddities. Dam if you resave level it messes up texture near beginning console only, though not in credibly obvious, and editing Depot crashes if you edit background inexplicably. Zoinkity did tell me a long time ago some levels like Frigate have extra allocations... But I never found anything related to figure out any of these issues I'm afraid.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That worries me a bit for the Vault Compilation Pack I have been putting together. I wonder, however, if I could use other IDs (like wax, pam, eld, etc) for the missions that do end up with crashing errors on console? So long as I make sure all related vitals are updated to match (memory, sky, music, etc). Seems like a plausible workaround, should these hardcodes remain hidden in the ROM.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a list of all slots that have special hardcodes? Definitely would like to keep tabs on that as we replace levels in our Project: GoldenEye mod.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if any have been made, but I think I recall these ones being mentioned over time (some are also supported in Editor)....

Dam
Frigate (memory related?)
Depot
Control
Egypt (sky fade action?)
Cuba (hi res?)

Dam and Control have a lot of crazy spider webbing portals and special visibility commands, so I wouldn't be surprised if they needed something else setup for them.

Personally I have only had crashing issues with Control, but it may depend on which level is being put in as replacement. Number of rooms could certainly play a role. We'd need test to see what's going on, which won't be easy.

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does Perfect Dark have the ability to rename files like GoldenEye does? It's not in Stage Options unless it has a different name.
I saw in Perfect Dark+ that the Playable Skedar & Dr. Caroll files have new names, and it'd be nice to have for Mario Characters because of how much re-arranging I've done with the files. Had to make a text document identifying each file. lol

Since Multiplayer levels don't require specific names like GE's, I understand why it wouldn't be a feature since as far as I know, renaming PD's files would only be to make them more user-friendly.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe so, but i don't know where it was.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I added rename to PD. Give it a shot. It never rewrote the filenames out before, for some reason, so hopefully doesn't introduce any issues. PD does not use names at all, just indexes, unlike GE, so you can rename any file without consequence. The editor does need a couple name formats, like dont' make a bg/ file not start with bg, or setup not Usetup___Z, etc.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The drop down menu located on the stage option's tab (GE editor) is limited to 25. Command FB will check 800241A8 (stage ID) that can goes from 09-39. Please give this drop down menu the correct values, currently setting caverns to transition fog is impossible unless you hex edit outside of the editor.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's fixed now, accidentally did the wrong combo (stage choices instead of stage id).

pavarini wrote:
The drop down menu located on the stage option's tab (GE editor) is limited to 25. Command FB will check 800241A8 (stage ID) that can goes from 09-39. Please give this drop down menu the correct values, currently setting caverns to transition fog is impossible unless you hex edit outside of the editor.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, again. I've been distracted for a long while with other things, but I'm starting to get back into this. Here's some stuff for you to look into, some of which I was supposed to tell you months ago...

It looks like when a body has "Contains/Is Head" set, it doesn't appear in the editor's generated combobox list of bodies. This is somewhat of a problem when using a Perfect Dark Plus skedar or Dr. Caroll. Actually, it looks like even regular Dr. Caroll is being sorted as a head. Is it possible to generate the heads and bodies lists by checking its model archetype? Or is that information too far away to quickly read? I'm pretty sure things are sorted right for GE.

The right-click context menu stuff for Pads don't appear when a guard occupies it. In particular, this makes it more inconvenient to clear target vector flags or convert pad size.

Lastly, I think the way the editor handles invalid 16-objects differs from the usual game. Maian SOS gives tagged objects 05 and 3A to the players, but they seem to be invalid, so the first standard object (UFO) is given thanks to the editor's reordering of invalid tagged objects. This is why the UFO objective completes immediately in an unedited-but-saved Maian SOS. There's nothing you really need to do about this, I guess, but I feel it's worth noting.

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Contains/Is Head not being included in the list of bodies was actually a request by me as it now makes it where the list of bodies is based off of whether or not that setting is checked. It allows more bodies/heads for extensive mods now, although Dr. Caroll not being included is a side effect of that. The work around I found is just unchecking the Contains/Is Head.

That does reminds me, looking at Dr. Caroll's bio began freezing for me. I think that might be a side effect of making him a body because I haven't messed with those so it's the only thing I can think that might be causing that problem.

I'm assuming there isn't a way to make a third category specifically for Contains Head right? Might need to make an invisible/tiny head for PD+ to use for the Playable Skedar & Dr. Caroll, although I do agree that is inconvenient/unfair of a sudden restriction.
Besides the Skedar and Dr. Caroll, no character has their head included with their body in Perfect Dark (other than the Test Body) so I didn't think about any custom characters that would when requesting that feature.
Oh wait! Levels can have a "No Head" setting for guards so maybe that can be made available for multiplayer? Then all that would be required for PD+ is to uncheck that setting and the two models would appear back in the list of bodies, and then make sure the head is set to none....still have that problem of Dr. Caroll's bio freezing though.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the thing about multiplayer is you can choose your own head. You can make an invisible or shrunken head, but the player can still choose another one and mess that up. Meanwhile, if a body has "Contains/Is Head" flag set, using that body in multiplayer won't add the player's head, but it will forcibly assign a default male gender. But, if skedar and Caroll are in the same roster, male gender is the closest thing to both anyway.

And, I'm assuming the model archetype needs to be set up properly regardless of the flag, so I'll still push for building the lists off the archetype. It should sort the exact same way, but will include Dr. Caroll. Check for head type 000D, and assume everything else is a body, yes?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll have to as you mention, look into switching into archetype (probably won't be for a couple days).

I guess I can add the guard pad stuff too - just figured if was a guard, wasn't editing the pad much, but that's fine.

It has to fill the gaps in 16-objects, because the editor requires no missing 16 objects, while GE and PD both don't have that requirement. But why is it referring to invalid 16-objects? That's odd. How does that work in Maian SOS?

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If it can be done, then I agree with that change.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
... But why is it referring to invalid 16-objects? That's odd. How does that work in Maian SOS?

I'm fairly certain it was something Rare did, and then un-did by deleting the objects the tags point to. It's in action block 1000, where tagged objects 05 and 3A are given to Jo and Velvet respectively. You don't start with anything in the level, so this really just does nothing in the un-modified game.

I'm remembering other missions having loads of invalid 16 objects, as well, but they were never referenced in the action blocks like this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 35 of 107

Jump to: